oil cooler leak 1991 Accord.

Old November 25th 05, 07:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default oil cooler leak 1991 Accord.

I'm having an oil drip problem on our 1991 Accord EX. I searched the
archives and found a few references to what I believe is the source,
namely the oil cooler that the oil filter screws on to. It looks like
an simple job but I'd like some guidance on removing the cooler. It
appears to me the threaded shaft the filter screws onto also holds the
oil cooler against the block. Is that correct? If I remove the shaft
can I replace the O-ring on the cooler?

Thanks,
lswpubrw

Old November 25th 05, 11:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

It appears you are absolutely correct. The free online manual for the 1991
Accord at www.autozone.com states at step 4 of the procedure for removing
the oil cooler: "Remove the oil cooler center bolt; this is the fitting onto
which the oil filter is installed." The procedure has a drawing and some
cautions as well.

For the full procedure, go to the site above. On the left, click on "Repair
Info," then "Vehicle Repair Guides." Click on car year, make, and model,
etc. Go to "Engine & Engine Overhaul," "Engine Mechanical," "Oil Cooler."

"lswpubrw" > wrote

oil cooler leak ilambert VW air cooled 5 April 9th 05 09:16 PM
Air con leak. 93 Accord Alan Honda 3 April 6th 05 04:13 AM
Honda OEM Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Honda 0 February 12th 05 01:43 PM
1986 Accord Exi - oil leak , oil filter mount leak , burning sme remotemike Honda 1 December 27th 04 01:31 AM
1991 Accord auto transmission - shifts in/out of 'sport' mode by itself johnemac Honda 11 November 24th 04 12:37 AM