Bottle Jacks

Old June 5th 14, 09:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Vishesh Ranglani

Default Bottle Jacks

Hi guys, I was quite trying to find out what is the capacity of a bottle jack which is placed in a trolley/floor jack. Say, the rated capacity of trolley/floor jack is 5 tons then what will be the capacity of the bottle jack placed inside it. As in a trolley/floor jack the horizontal force is transmitted vertically to lift the object. Waiting for the reply guys. TY
Old June 6th 14, 12:06 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Vishesh Ranglani > wrote:
>Hi guys, I was quite trying to find out what is the capacity of a bottle ja=
>ck which is placed in a trolley/floor jack. Say, the rated capacity of trol=
>ley/floor jack is 5 tons then what will be the capacity of the bottle jack =
>placed inside it. As in a trolley/floor jack the horizontal force is transm=
>itted vertically to lift the object. Waiting for the reply guys. TY

When the floor jack raises by 1cm, how much does the hydraulic cylinder
move?

This ratio tells you what the mechanical advantage of the lever mechanism
is, and that's what you want to know.
--scott