CD Players On Their way Out

Old January 11th 12, 04:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

Default CD Players On Their way Out

Won't be long and CD players will be just a old, quaint accessory at a
future car show.

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_new...ing-cd-players

Patrick
Old January 11th 12, 10:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jim gm4dhj ...

" > wrote in message
> Won't be long and CD players will be just a old, quaint accessory at a
> future car show.
>
> http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_new...ing-cd-players
>
> Patrick

.....they are SO last decade

Old January 11th 12, 07:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
D E Willson

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 19:53:49 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>Won't be long and CD players will be just a old, quaint accessory at a
>future car show.
>
>http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_new...ing-cd-players
>
>Patrick

Just switched out the Custom Auto Sound radio in my 65FB to add
iPod/flashdrive ability. Even my new home theater receiver comes with
an iPod dock.

As far as being last century or last decade.... just wait until the
whole system comes crashing down (ala northeast blackout) and we'll
all be back to beating on logs with sticks.
Old January 11th 12, 08:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
biofilm

" > wrote in message
> Won't be long and CD players will be just a old, quaint accessory at a
> future car show.
>
> http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_new...ing-cd-players
>
> Patrick

Foxbody - some had cassett tape players

remember 8 track tapes --- very rare

remember 4 track tapes ? cant find them now.

saw one car with a LP turntable in the middle, looong time ago.

I just put in a new player and use a small thumb drive, it has 30 hours of
music on it

Old January 12th 12, 01:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Jan 11, 1:50*pm, "biofilm" > wrote:
> " > wrote in message

> > Won't be long and CD players will be just a old, quaint accessory at a
> > future car show.

> >http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_new...04-automakers-...

> Foxbody - some had cassett tape players
>
> remember 8 track tapes *--- very rare
>
> remember 4 track tapes ? *cant find them now.
>
> saw one car with a LP turntable in the middle, looong time ago.

Though each succeeding technology was better than the previous, it
wasn't until CDs that stored music was decent. I hated 8-tracks and
cassettes. Seemed just when you really wanted to hear your favorite
music, suddenly the tape deck would eat it. You would try to pull it
out and save it, but by the time you did you'd have twisted tape all
over the damn car.

Thank god for digital!

Patrick

Old January 12th 12, 03:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 1/11/2012 13:50, biofilm wrote:
> @gmail. com> wrote in message
>> Won't be long and CD players will be just a old, quaint accessory at a
>> future car show.
>>
>> http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_new...ing-cd-players
>>
>> Patrick

> Foxbody - some had cassett tape players
>
> remember 8 track tapes --- very rare
>
> remember 4 track tapes ? cant find them now.

I have some, a player for my Thunderbird and a home Hi-Fi setup that
will record to them.

Old January 12th 12, 11:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
D E Willson

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 13:50:12 -0600, "biofilm" >
wrote:

" > wrote in message
>> Won't be long and CD players will be just a old, quaint accessory at a
>> future car show.
>>
>> http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_new...ing-cd-players
>>
>> Patrick

>Foxbody - some had cassett tape players
>
>remember 8 track tapes --- very rare

in 1970 I had an 8 in a 65 Mustang FB which only had an AM radio when
I got it. My present 65FB (not the same car) only had an AM radio. I
added a 12 disc CD player. Just enough music to last until the next
fillup, swap cartridges, and back on the road. :0)

>remember 4 track tapes ? cant find them now.
>
>saw one car with a LP turntable in the middle, looong time ago.

Lincoln Continental.... but the skip was terrible.

Old January 12th 12, 11:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
D E Willson

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:39:07 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Jan 11, 1:50*pm, "biofilm" > wrote:
>> " > wrote in message

>> > Won't be long and CD players will be just a old, quaint accessory at a
>> > future car show.

>> >http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_new...04-automakers-...

>> Foxbody - some had cassett tape players
>>
>> remember 8 track tapes *--- very rare
>>
>> remember 4 track tapes ? *cant find them now.
>>
>> saw one car with a LP turntable in the middle, looong time ago.

>Though each succeeding technology was better than the previous, it
>wasn't until CDs that stored music was decent. I hated 8-tracks and
>cassettes. Seemed just when you really wanted to hear your favorite
>music, suddenly the tape deck would eat it. You would try to pull it
>out and save it, but by the time you did you'd have twisted tape all
>over the damn car.

Yep. Remember how many stripped out cassets you could see along the
roads? 8 Track, which right in the middle of a song went kaa chunk.

digital is great. Very little space required. far superior to CD
storage and use.

Old January 13th 12, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected][_2_]

On Jan 12, 4:54*pm, D E Willson > wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:39:07 -0800 (PST), "

> >> Foxbody - some had cassett tape players

> >> remember 8 track tapes *--- very rare

> >> remember 4 track tapes ? *cant find them now.

> >> saw one car with a LP turntable in the middle, looong time ago.

> >Though each succeeding technology was better than the previous, it
> >wasn't until CDs that stored music was decent. *I hated 8-tracks and
> >cassettes. *Seemed just when you really wanted to hear your favorite
> >music, suddenly the tape deck would eat it. *You would try to pull it
> >out and save it, but by the time you did you'd have twisted tape all
> >over the damn car.

> Yep. Remember how many stripped out cassets you could see along the
> roads? 8 Track, which right in the middle of a song went kaa chunk.

Yep. I think some people were so mad that their relatively new 8-
Track or cassette went to **** they'd fling it out the window.

> digital is great. Very little space required. far superior to CD
> storage and use.

So I have to ask. Why are you still using an old-school 12-disc CD
changer?

Patrick

Old January 13th 12, 02:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 1/12/2012 18:35, wrote:
> On Jan 12, 4:54 pm, D E > wrote:
>> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:39:07 -0800 (PST), "

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_new...04-automakers-...

>>> Though each succeeding technology was better than the previous, it
>>> wasn't until CDs that stored music was decent. I hated 8-tracks and
>>> cassettes. Seemed just when you really wanted to hear your favorite
>>> music, suddenly the tape deck would eat it. You would try to pull it
>>> out and save it, but by the time you did you'd have twisted tape all
>>> over the damn car.

>> Yep. Remember how many stripped out cassets you could see along the
>> roads? 8 Track, which right in the middle of a song went kaa chunk.

> Yep. I think some people were so mad that their relatively new 8-
> Track or cassette went to **** they'd fling it out the window.
>
>> digital is great. Very little space required. far superior to CD
>> storage and use.

> So I have to ask. Why are you still using an old-school 12-disc CD
> changer?
>
> Patrick

I almost bought a new receiver with a USB input, even had the module
to make the buttons on my steering wheel operate it. But it was a lot of
$ and trouble just to get a USB. Since mine has a Aux. audio input I got
an inexpensive MP3 player and stuck it on with some velcro.