Tire Pressure

Old May 3rd 05, 08:52 PM
tricky

Ok checked today.

I was way off on the max pressures !!!

My bug/beetle tyres have a max PSI of 44 and my bus 65.

Still more than 35 though :-)

Rich

Old May 3rd 05, 10:08 PM
Joey Tribiani

"Dan Smith" > wrote in message

> Oh, and the max pressure isn't listed as a cold temp, it's listed as a max
> pressure. Max means max.

*before* you try to "call someone out" you should study up....i was
certified years ago for suspensions....alignment/brakes/tires/etc...i have
been to school and trained....the max pressure is measured at ambient
temperature, I.E. *COLD*....

> The normal car manufacturer's tire pressure recommendation is the cold
> inflation pressure you're thinking of.

no buttlips it is a "standard"....just as you do not check your engine oil
with the engine runing you check air pressure "cold"...

> Yes, while driving it's not uncommon for the tire to gain pressure in the
> summer weather or in cold weather either. And that was my point. If
> someone is foolish enough to air up their tires to the maximum then they
> have no leeway for normal pressure increases due to load and friction.

load does not increase pressure....not air pressure...surface pressure yes,
but not the internal air pressure

i'm talking from education and training...you are spouting off bull****....

> Since you don't think tire pressure goes up as the load goes up you
> definitely don't know what you're talking about.
>
> If I air up my tires to the car manufacturer's recommended pressures and
> then I put 400 pounds of people in the car obviously the tire pressure

goes
> up.

there are two ways to increase pressure...to add it(through more air or
heat ) or to make the space smaller....you will not resize your tires by
adding weight...you only displace air in the tire from one area to another
when it is loaded down....so to quote you "you definitely don't know what
you are talking about"....get educated before you spout off...

Old May 3rd 05, 10:08 PM
Joey Tribiani

"Dan Smith" > wrote in message

> "Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Dan Smith" > wrote in message
> > >

> > > GEEEEZ!!! You're running at 35psi all the way around??? Are you
> > > suicidal???
> > >
> > > You're tires are probably rated at a maximum of 35psi. That's fine if
> > > you're just going to leave it parked in the garage or in the shade.
> > >
> > > You put yourself in the car and the pressure goes up. You drive for

> more
> > > than a couple of minutes and the pressure goes up more. You're

probably
> > > driving around with close to 38psi in tires rated at 35psi.
> > >
> > > Where in the world did you get the idea that this was an OK thing to

> do???
> > > Why are you intentionally ignoring the safety ratings of your tires

and
> > the
> > > car manufacturers recommendations???
> > >

> > dude calm down..its obvious you are no tire tech so maybe read your

> sidewall
> > sometime...the max psi is listed as a cold temp....this pressure is set

> with
> > a tollerance for an increase in pressure due to heat....it is not

uncommon
> > to gain up to 5-6 psi in summer weather on the interstate, and the tire
> > manufacturers know it.....so don't have a stroke, your point is not only
> > wrong, but basically pointless....(BTW "put yourself in the car the

> pressure
> > goes up" is incorrect too...the max weight is also what the max pressure

> is
> > designed for...sheesh...)
> >

> So Joey, are you saying the tire manufacturer knows more about the air
> pressure I should have in my tires than the car manufacturer knows?

Hardly!

learn to comprehend what you read...i never said anything remotely similar
to what you said above...

> My point is 35psi is a lot of pressure over the recommended front tire
> pressure on the car. Are you saying this is OK? Because it's not. It's
> flat out dangerous. It's almost double the recommended pressure. It's
> unsafe. It's WRONG!
>
> So don't tell me my point is wrong.

your point was wrong...exactly what i responded to was wrong....couldn't get
anymore wrong...re-read it and don't take it personal...ignorance is lack of
knowledge and apparently when it comes to tires you do lack that
knowledge...putting weight in the vehicle will not increase pressure....and
every "point" i wrote is true and verifiable....and as i said read the side
of tires sometime you may be enlightened....

Old May 4th 05, 12:59 AM
Dan Smith

> "Dan Smith" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Dan Smith" > wrote in message

if

> > more

> probably

> > do???

> and
> > > the
> > > >

> > > dude calm down..its obvious you are no tire tech so maybe read your

> > sidewall
> > > sometime...the max psi is listed as a cold temp....this pressure is

set
> > with
> > > a tollerance for an increase in pressure due to heat....it is not

> uncommon
> > > to gain up to 5-6 psi in summer weather on the interstate, and the

tire
> > > manufacturers know it.....so don't have a stroke, your point is not

only
> > > wrong, but basically pointless....(BTW "put yourself in the car the

> > pressure
> > > goes up" is incorrect too...the max weight is also what the max

pressure
> > is
> > > designed for...sheesh...)
> > >

> > So Joey, are you saying the tire manufacturer knows more about the air
> > pressure I should have in my tires than the car manufacturer knows?

> Hardly!
>
> learn to comprehend what you read...i never said anything remotely similar
> to what you said above...
>

> > My point is 35psi is a lot of pressure over the recommended front tire
> > pressure on the car. Are you saying this is OK? Because it's not.

It's
> > flat out dangerous. It's almost double the recommended pressure. It's
> > unsafe. It's WRONG!
> >
> > So don't tell me my point is wrong.
> >

> your point was wrong...exactly what i responded to was wrong....couldn't

get
> anymore wrong...re-read it and don't take it personal...ignorance is lack

of
> knowledge and apparently when it comes to tires you do lack that
> knowledge...putting weight in the vehicle will not increase

pressure....and
> every "point" i wrote is true and verifiable....and as i said read the

side
> of tires sometime you may be enlightened....

Wrong!

Old May 4th 05, 01:01 AM
Dan Smith

> "Dan Smith" > wrote in message
>
> > Oh, and the max pressure isn't listed as a cold temp, it's listed as a

max
> > pressure. Max means max.

> *before* you try to "call someone out" you should study up....i was
> certified years ago for suspensions....alignment/brakes/tires/etc...i have
> been to school and trained....the max pressure is measured at ambient
> temperature, I.E. *COLD*....
> >
> > The normal car manufacturer's tire pressure recommendation is the cold
> > inflation pressure you're thinking of.

> no buttlips it is a "standard"....just as you do not check your engine oil
> with the engine runing you check air pressure "cold"...
> >
> > Yes, while driving it's not uncommon for the tire to gain pressure in

the
> > summer weather or in cold weather either. And that was my point. If
> > someone is foolish enough to air up their tires to the maximum then they
> > have no leeway for normal pressure increases due to load and friction.

> load does not increase pressure....not air pressure...surface pressure

yes,
> but not the internal air pressure
>

> > You also said, ""put yourself in the car the pressure
> > goes up" is incorrect ".
> >
> > Who are you trying to BS? Of course the tire pressure goes up as the

load
> > increases. You're talking nonsense.

> i'm talking from education and training...you are spouting off

bull****....

> > Since you don't think tire pressure goes up as the load goes up you
> > definitely don't know what you're talking about.
> >
> > If I air up my tires to the car manufacturer's recommended pressures and
> > then I put 400 pounds of people in the car obviously the tire pressure

> goes
> > up.
> >

> there are two ways to increase pressure...to add it(through more air or
> heat ) or to make the space smaller....you will not resize your tires by
> adding weight...you only displace air in the tire from one area to another
> when it is loaded down....so to quote you "you definitely don't know what
> you are talking about"....get educated before you spout off...

What are you smoking???

According to what you're saying I can't pop a balloon by stepping on it.

Dream on!

Old May 4th 05, 01:01 AM
Shag

On Tue, 03 May 2005 23:59:13 GMT, "Dan Smith" >
wrote:

>Wrong!

Well... it's tough to argue with an intelligent argument like that.
*watches tumbleweed blow by*

"Stupid people are funny." - me
Old May 4th 05, 01:51 AM
Dan Smith

"Shag" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 03 May 2005 23:59:13 GMT, "Dan Smith" >
> wrote:
>
> >Wrong!

> Well... it's tough to argue with an intelligent argument like that.
> *watches tumbleweed blow by*
>
> "Stupid people are funny." - me

I prefer the following:

"Stupid people are dangerous."

Old May 4th 05, 02:06 AM
Shag

On Wed, 04 May 2005 00:51:03 GMT, "Dan Smith" >
wrote:

>"Shag" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 03 May 2005 23:59:13 GMT, "Dan Smith" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Wrong!

>> Well... it's tough to argue with an intelligent argument like that.
>> *watches tumbleweed blow by*
>>
>> "Stupid people are funny." - me

>I prefer the following:
>
>"Stupid people are dangerous."

You are funny.

"Stupid people are funny." - me
Old May 4th 05, 02:39 AM
Joey Tribiani

"Dan Smith" > wrote in message

> What are you smoking???
>
> According to what you're saying I can't pop a balloon by stepping on it.
>
> Dream on!

no sir...your reading comprehension and single digit IQ have comdemned you
to ignorance....the balloon thing is actually a very good example of what i
am saying....if you step on the balloon it will pop...we all know this...but
its not due to pressure increasing....so as you say "dream on"....(hint just
for you dip****, you displace the air(as i stated in the actual *RELEVANT*
reply) and it distorts/thins the balloon which is why the failure
happens...has a big fat ZERO thing to do with your dreamworld
statements....the air pressure in the balloon remains constant....and it
overpowers the surface strength....if you would like your ASE certifications
in suspension/brakes/etc, you will have to do the time and classes as *I*
did...now take your lumps and move on you ignorant little troll....

Old May 4th 05, 02:40 AM
Joey Tribiani

"Dan Smith" > wrote in message

> Wrong!

i say i'm correct...if you feel otherwise the "burden of proof" falls on
you...so put up or shut up..i prefer you put up so i can continue laughing
at the puppy that came off the porch....you are a ****ing amateur and not
even a shadetree grade "mechanic"..... what a dumb****