Ways to save gas

Old December 6th 05, 07:20 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Ways to save gas

-Monitor tire pressure
-Check wheel alignment
-Be smooth
and more gas saving tips at http://www.commute4less.com/savegas.aspx
-Carpool anyone?
Actually, just trying to invite people to my new site.

Old December 6th 05, 07:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> Actually, just trying to invite people to my new site.

An honest spammer? Damn, I guess the world's coming to an end. -Dave

Old December 6th 05, 07:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Mike T. wrote:
> > Actually, just trying to invite people to my new site.
> >

> An honest spammer? Damn, I guess the world's coming to an end. -Dave

Now I am the spammer. Who's on your tv then most of the time?
I am new to the group and so I thought that my site can be usefull for
someone like you.That's all.

Old December 6th 05, 09:35 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On 6 Dec 2005 11:20:43 -0800, "srgk" > wrote:

>-Monitor tire pressure
>-Check wheel alignment
>-Be smooth
>and more gas saving tips at http://www.commute4less.com/savegas.aspx
>-Carpool anyone?
>Actually, just trying to invite people to my new site.

What about buying a more fuel efficient car? I went from a Jeep Cherokee to a
Subaru WRX. About the same amount of fun, in a different way, but better
mileage.

If I were just plain made of money, I'd buy a VW turbodiesel, prolly a Jetta.
But that would be 3 cars including the Jeep and the Subaru, which is a bit
beyond me unless I want to stay home all the time for lack of money to gas 'em
up - hey, that'd save gas, but it'd be a sucky lifestyle.

Staying at home all the time, except for slave-duties to go to work and make
the economy better is what the "greens" are aiming at getting us all into.
I'll resist that however I can, but would buy some of these fuel efficient cars
if I could still manage to own the fun cars too...

BTW, concerning your website, doing 50 - 60 mph on most interstates is asking
to get run over by some truck. Yeah, you'll get better gas mileage, for a
little while, but your destination is likely to change to the hospital if you
become a mobile roadblock.

Dave Head
Old December 6th 05, 09:52 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

srgk wrote: <brevity snip>

> Now I am the spammer. Who's on your tv then most of the time?
> I am new to the group and so I thought that my site can be usefull for
> someone like you.That's all.

-----

I my be the most militant of usenet anti-spammers but I don't think
anyone really takes offense (including me)... you were honest about
your intent and dint make any outrageous claims about losing 40 lbs. in
48 hours... I say welcome.
-----

- gpsman

Old December 6th 05, 10:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Dave Head" > wrote in message
> On 6 Dec 2005 11:20:43 -0800, "srgk" > wrote:
>
>>-Monitor tire pressure
>>-Check wheel alignment
>>-Be smooth
>>and more gas saving tips at http://www.commute4less.com/savegas.aspx
>>-Carpool anyone?
>>Actually, just trying to invite people to my new site.

> What about buying a more fuel efficient car? I went from a Jeep Cherokee
> to a
> Subaru WRX. About the same amount of fun, in a different way, but better
> mileage.
>
> If I were just plain made of money, I'd buy a VW turbodiesel, prolly a
> Jetta.
> But that would be 3 cars including the Jeep and the Subaru, which is a bit
> beyond me unless I want to stay home all the time for lack of money to gas
> 'em
> up - hey, that'd save gas, but it'd be a sucky lifestyle.
>
> Staying at home all the time, except for slave-duties to go to work and
> make
> the economy better is what the "greens" are aiming at getting us all into.
> I'll resist that however I can, but would buy some of these fuel efficient
> cars
> if I could still manage to own the fun cars too...
>
> BTW, concerning your website, doing 50 - 60 mph on most interstates is
> asking
> to get run over by some truck. Yeah, you'll get better gas mileage, for a
> little while, but your destination is likely to change to the hospital if
> you
> become a mobile roadblock.
>
> Dave Head

I guess the issue here is that the money you lost on the transaction would
take X years to recoup with the savings in fuel. This is why people are not
just dumping SUVs - but rather just not buying them either.

--

Intelligent Design Studies
http://www.integrativestudies.com

Old December 7th 05, 03:06 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On 6 Dec 2005 11:32:41 -0800, "srgk" > wrote:

>> > Actually, just trying to invite people to my new site.
>> >

>> An honest spammer? Damn, I guess the world's coming to an end. -Dave

>Now I am the spammer.

And the honesty continues...

Old December 7th 05, 03:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

srgk wrote:
> -Monitor tire pressure
> -Check wheel alignment
> -Be smooth
> and more gas saving tips at http://www.commute4less.com/savegas.aspx
> -Carpool anyone?
> Actually, just trying to invite people to my new site.

Ride a bike? :-)
Old December 7th 05, 04:32 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> >> An honest spammer? Damn, I guess the world's coming to an end. -Dave

> >Now I am the spammer.

> And the honesty continues...

Aren't you the one providing intelligence about weapons of mass
destruction in Iraq?

Old December 7th 05, 07:08 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,talk.politics.misc

srgk wrote:
> -Monitor tire pressure
> -Check wheel alignment
> -Be smooth
> and more gas saving tips at http://www.commute4less.com/savegas.aspx
> -Carpool anyone?
> Actually, just trying to invite people to my new site.

How can you leave out the best war of all. DRIVE SLOW!!!!