New Toy...

Old September 29th 05, 04:20 AM
Gary Tateosian

Default New Toy...

SSIA:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gareth...ba.jpg&.src=ph

=-)

Old September 29th 05, 09:14 AM
Tricky

Gary Tateosian wrote:

> SSIA:
>
> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gareth...ba.jpg&.src=ph
>

> =-)

Nice Puma - Nice 64 too !

Rich
Old September 29th 05, 09:56 AM
Gary Tateosian

64 is not mine just did some work on it...old photo. The Puma, however,
*is* mine...

Old September 29th 05, 10:54 AM
Tricky

Gary Tateosian wrote:
> 64 is not mine just did some work on it...old photo. The Puma, however,
> *is* mine...

Well done on the Puma then ! enjoy :-)

We dont see them over here (UK).

Was that a split or bay crew cab pickup in one of the pics ?

I am looking for a split one, again not many over here ;-(

Rich
Old September 29th 05, 01:40 PM

The red 64 was one of the first restorations I did after starting
Vintage Werks restorations.
As far as the double cab it was a 71 bay.

Its cool to see you finaly found a Puma < I can allready imagine the
power plant you must have planed for it.

Old September 29th 05, 09:51 PM
Dennis Wik

Congradulations....It looks just great and I'm glad you got it.

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>

Old September 30th 05, 01:12 AM
Gary Tateosian

Thanks Dennis. I drove his other Puma with the 2110...and I tell ya
mine won't be long till it has a stroker in it as well. Turns a sporty
car into a true sports car. I need a little sticker tires than the
pirellis on it...but damn its a tight handling lil beastie. Gearing is
oddly low though. I noticed that on his other one as well. 70mph is
about top of comfortable cruising rpms. 80 would be pushing red line.
Nice in town....but I may have to regear it a little taller eventually.
Does yours have the factory gearing? What rpm's are you runnning on the
highway? Only 7000km's on the speedo so far and counting <g>.

Old September 30th 05, 02:00 AM
Dennis Wik

3000 rpm is about 65 mph. Stock gears. Good looking car.....Is the
interior real leather?

Old September 30th 05, 02:23 AM
Bill Berckman

Nice Looking car. That is sure to be a head turner. Have fun )

Old September 30th 05, 07:53 AM
Gary Tateosian

I'm getting 3800rpm @70mph. I guess easiest will just be to make sure
that the next engine is capable of revving to 7500RPM <g> The seats are
real leather, the dash is the genuine hyde of the brazilian Nauga. I
haven't really seen any other Pumas with the tan interior (though I'm
sure they are out there). Even the gauges are tan. The top has a tear
in it. But Purring Pumas quoted me $365 plus shipping for a
replacement, which I think is more than fair...so I'll order it in two
weeks when I get my quarterly bonus. =-) Only real complaint is the
steering wheel sits absurdly low...I may eventually look into notching
the dash cleanly and raising it an inch. the decision on that will be
whether I can work out a way to do it without it being noticibly
altered ;-)

....Speaking of Brazilian (warning political humor to follow...do not
read if you are a humor impaired jackass)

The President was riding in his cavalcade when he noticed several
Latin American people weeping on the side walk. he asked his aide if he
knew anything about why they were obviously so sad. His aide replied:
"Well sir there was a terrible accident yesterday, and several
Braziilian men were, unfortunately, killed." The president shook his
head, obviously affected by the news and said "Thats terrible." A
moment passed... The presidents asked his aid: "Just exactly how many
zeros are in a brazillian.."