Audi 100 5cyl cold start problem

Old February 4th 06, 07:00 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Audi 100 5cyl cold start problem

SO I was and still am ****ed I love you all why not since the whole wolrd is
intent on trying to argue god for some reason but not me why don't you
alljust chill out and be human beings and just restrict yourdself to knowing
say 80 people at a time as opposed to 150 at a time and getting level 5 kill
everybody you you ****ing idiouts .I like science let me live. I do not like
lots of people make them go away please even american christian
fundamentalists look good today and I do not them. Hey lets burn the world
oil one day the empire will be run by the energy controllers like it isn't
now

sorry guys just a quick rant felt like the only place I could these days the
internet you know

not controlled by the nutters

"pdpass" > wrote in message
> I promise if I can with help set up a page on the internet to give this
> information for free with a scanned image of the Hayenes manual with all
> rights reserved to all authourity in respect of the fact that the Audi
> company made this car and place the test schedules for this car online
> inrespect of the fuel problems etc. I think that any car that is 12 years
> old should havr all aspects of thier design "liberated" for the benefit of
> us that want them to be. IF a CAR has a 6 year lifespan or guarantee the
> desiign should be free to anyone that wants to fix it. Lets make **** to
> last. ANyway I #ve had a drink. I love my car and don't have a curent
> girlfriend to prove it.
>
> AUDI 100 CD AUTO 2226cc shagged bx no information I love this car and I

will

Old February 4th 06, 07:00 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Old February 6th 06, 11:06 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Well the fuel pump is running fine with plenty of pressure, the only
problem is the cold start injector not getting any power when cranking
and Im currently under the impression that it is a temp sensor, bad
ground or bad wiring, the computer has been replaced with no change.
the car does not 'start' on ether it just fires. once the car is
running it runs fine until you let it sit for 4 hours or so, when it
goes cold. Anyway im working on the problem and will reply once it is
fixed, now there is another issue i need to sort, see the new post.

Old February 7th 06, 07:01 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Check the multi function temperture sensor. They have three or four wires
located near the upper radiator hose on the block. It is common for them to fail
and cause these problems. New ones will have only three wires. These can also
cause the temperature gage to not work.

Old June 6th 16, 03:32 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

On Tuesday, February 7, 2006 at 2:01:01 PM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
> Check the multi function temperture sensor. They have three or four wires
> located near the upper radiator hose on the block. It is common for them to fail
> and cause these problems. New ones will have only three wires. These can also
> cause the temperature gage to not work.
>
> sealdogfish wrote:
> > Well the fuel pump is running fine with plenty of pressure, the only
> > problem is the cold start injector not getting any power when cranking
> > and Im currently under the impression that it is a temp sensor, bad
> > ground or bad wiring, the computer has been replaced with no change.
> > the car does not 'start' on ether it just fires. once the car is
> > running it runs fine until you let it sit for 4 hours or so, when it
> > goes cold. Anyway im working on the problem and will reply once it is
> > fixed, now there is another issue i need to sort, see the new post.

I know this is an old post but I have the exact same problem you were describing in this post. Did you ever resolve this issue???
Old June 7th 16, 08:39 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Jan Poulsen

> skrev i meddelelsen
>
> On Tuesday, February 7, 2006 at 2:01:01 PM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
>> Check the multi function temperture sensor. They have three or four wires
>> located near the upper radiator hose on the block. It is common for them
>> to fail
>> and cause these problems. New ones will have only three wires. These can
>> also
>> cause the temperature gage to not work.
>>
>> sealdogfish wrote:
>> > Well the fuel pump is running fine with plenty of pressure, the only
>> > problem is the cold start injector not getting any power when cranking
>> > and Im currently under the impression that it is a temp sensor, bad
>> > ground or bad wiring, the computer has been replaced with no change.
>> > the car does not 'start' on ether it just fires. once the car is
>> > running it runs fine until you let it sit for 4 hours or so, when it
>> > goes cold. Anyway im working on the problem and will reply once it is
>> > fixed, now there is another issue i need to sort, see the new post.
>> >

> I know this is an old post but I have the exact same problem you were
> describing in this post. Did you ever resolve this issue???

I had this issue on my Audi 100 2.2E. It was about 17 years old at the
time. It turned out to be the gaskets on the fuel lines going into the
engine block. When cold, they would contract enough to let in false air.
Once the engine warmed up, the gaskets would form a tight seal again and the
engine would run fine. I had tried for weeks to find the problem and it
took my shop a whole week of cold starting every morning to figure out what
the problem was.

Regards,
Jan Poulsen