IAP Sensor

Old February 24th 07, 02:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default IAP Sensor

Has anyone heard of any benefit from unplugging the IAP sensor and
putting a resistor across the two leads on the female side of the
plug? Someone on EBay is selling the resistors and offering
instructions on how to install it in the Mazda MX5.

Old February 25th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
bayman2222

On Feb 24, 9:59 am, wrote:
> Has anyone heard of any benefit from unplugging the IAP sensor and
> putting a resistor across the two leads on the female side of the
> plug? Someone on EBay is selling the resistors and offering
> instructions on how to install it in the Mazda MX5.

I too fell for this scam, all it does is dump more fuel into your
intake system. This excess amount of fuel not provide increased
horsepower, but instead fouls your plugs, increases the build-up on
your fuel sensors and costs you more in fuel. I researched this item
AFTER I had purchased it on Ebay....and found out BEFORE I installed
it......a lesson learned.

Old February 26th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Zog The Undeniable

bayman2222 wrote:
> On Feb 24, 9:59 am, wrote:
>> Has anyone heard of any benefit from unplugging the IAP sensor and
>> putting a resistor across the two leads on the female side of the
>> plug? Someone on EBay is selling the resistors and offering
>> instructions on how to install it in the Mazda MX5.

> I too fell for this scam, all it does is dump more fuel into your
> intake system. This excess amount of fuel not provide increased
> horsepower, but instead fouls your plugs, increases the build-up on
> your fuel sensors and costs you more in fuel. I researched this item
> AFTER I had purchased it on Ebay....and found out BEFORE I installed
> it......a lesson learned.

And they already run rich above 4000rpm!