Off Topic: She's late for work!

Old April 10th 06, 07:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Off Topic: She's late for work!

Hi, I have a question here that I would like to bring to the attention
to the newsgroup.

I'm new to the "working world" here so I don't know what the unwritten
rule is, or even if there is one.

You see, I work alone for so many hours. Anyways without getting into
specifics, after my 8 hours are up I expect the next worker to come
along to relieve me in time for the next shift.

She was at least 13 minutes late. How very rude and disrespectful on
her part. I can not leave the site until someone else takes over. So
what am I to do? Should I just wait 10 minutes and then call the
supervisor? How long am I supposed to wait for until I should call
him?

The company policy is, if someone is tardy/no show for 3 consecutive
days they are automatically fired.

Air-

Old April 10th 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> She was at least 13 minutes late. How very rude and disrespectful on

Grow some balls and tell her to get there on time or you'll report her.

Too much time on your hands? Waste it here!
www.crazydatingstories.com
www.crazykidstories.com
www.crazywarstories.com

Old April 10th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"JohnH" > wrote in message

>> She was at least 13 minutes late. How very rude and disrespectful on

> Grow some balls and tell her to get there on time or you'll report her.

Unless you are someone's direct manager, you don't tell them anything about
when they show up to work. You also don't threaten to report someone for
showing up late. You just DO it.

This has nothing to do with "growing some balls". If you are not a manager,
it is not your responsibility to be telling someone else what to do. In
fact, trying to tell a coworker what to do (when you have no authority to do
so) is stepping on the toes of your manager (sometimes called breaking the
chain of command), which is a good way to get YOURSELF fired. It IS your
responsibility to report everything to your direct supervisor, whether you
think it might be important or not. (because it isn't your job to decide
what is/isn't important, in the eyes of your supervisor)

The FIRST time and every time the relief worker was even one minute late,
the OP should have contacted his/her immediate supervisor, immediately. If
the same worker is late multiple times, in spite of having reported same to
his/her manager multiple times, then the tardiness should be reported to the
manager's direct supervisor. Keep escalating up the chain of command.

But DO NOT, under any circumstances, address the issue with the tardy worker
directly. That in itself is probably a violation of company policy, and in
any case it's just a bad idea. -Dave

Old April 10th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Airman wrote:
> Hi, I have a question here that I would like to bring to the attention
> to the newsgroup.
>
> I'm new to the "working world" here so I don't know what the unwritten
> rule is, or even if there is one.
>
> You see, I work alone for so many hours. Anyways without getting into
> specifics, after my 8 hours are up I expect the next worker to come
> along to relieve me in time for the next shift.
>
> She was at least 13 minutes late. How very rude and disrespectful on
> her part. I can not leave the site until someone else takes over. So
> what am I to do? Should I just wait 10 minutes and then call the
> supervisor? How long am I supposed to wait for until I should call
> him?
>
> The company policy is, if someone is tardy/no show for 3 consecutive
> days they are automatically fired.

When your 8 hours is up, you should leave. You say you work alone so i
don't understand why you "cannot leave the site" as you say.

Old April 10th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> When your 8 hours is up, you should leave. You say you work alone so i
> don't understand why you "cannot leave the site" as you say.

Many sites need to be manned 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (often
specifically including major holidays). People who work in these locations
can NOT leave work before they are properly relieved (that is, before the
worker on the next shift has clocked in). Leaving work before your relief
clocks in would mean instant termination of employment, with no reasonable
means of appeal. This means that you can (and sometimes do) end up working
double shifts, when you are not scheduled to do so. It sucks, but if you
don't agree to work under those conditions, don't accept the job
ffer. -Dave

Old April 11th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

> When your 8 hours is up, you should leave. You say you work alone so i
> don't understand why you "cannot leave the site" as you say.

It's not unusual that you don't understand something; your ignorance is
anticipated. Even more understandable is your ignorance regarding
procedures related to employment.

Last year I covered for a third shift worker who needed to take
maternity leave. On those shifts my shift was over at 7am. There were
two people scheduled in at 7am; neither arrived before 7:20 on most
occasions. After complaining to management a few times, and nothing
being done, I decided the hell with it and started leaving at 7am. I
got a nasty email one day regarding coverage, but reminded my manager
that my shift ended at 7am and that her two 7am "stars" weren't at
their desk when they were supposed to be. Strangely enough, the issue
was never brought up again, although my 7am counterparts started
arriving on time.

Old April 11th 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

> Aunt Judy likes it in the rear:
> Even more understandable is your ignorance regarding
> procedures related to employment.

That's to be expected from an idiot who can't understand the concept of
"</killfile>," and "<killfile>."

Old April 11th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

necromancer wrote:
> > Aunt Judy likes it in the rear:
> > Even more understandable is your ignorance regarding
> > procedures related to employment.

> That's to be expected from an idiot who can't understand the concept of
> "</killfile>," and "<killfile>."

Good point. :-)

Old April 11th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Aunt Judy likes it in the rear wrote:
> Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
>

> > When your 8 hours is up, you should leave. You say you work alone so i
> > don't understand why you "cannot leave the site" as you say.

> It's not unusual that you don't understand something; your ignorance is
> anticipated. Even more understandable is your ignorance regarding
> procedures related to employment.
>
> Last year I covered for a third shift worker who needed to take
> maternity leave. On those shifts my shift was over at 7am. There were
> two people scheduled in at 7am; neither arrived before 7:20 on most
> occasions. After complaining to management a few times, and nothing
> being done, I decided the hell with it and started leaving at 7am. I
> got a nasty email one day regarding coverage, but reminded my manager
> that my shift ended at 7am and that her two 7am "stars" weren't at
> their desk when they were supposed to be. Strangely enough, the issue
> was never brought up again, although my 7am counterparts started
> arriving on time.

Well - you did what i suggested and it worked. You're so stupid you
can't even see you're proving my point!!!!!!!!!! Just what i expect
from a baby raping repug homo like you. HAHAHAHA

Old April 11th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> Well - you did what i suggested and it worked. You're so stupid you
> can't even see you're proving my point!!!!!!!!!! Just what i expect
> from a baby raping repug homo like you. HAHAHAHA

Hey dumbass, a number of points you've overlooked:

1: I'm not the original poster, thus I'm not the one with the problem.
2: I did this a year before you suggested it, so I'm not proving your
point.
3: You're the one who brags about being a faggot; URL provided in case
you've forgotten:
:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...dd649fb?hl=en&

C ya next troll, pussy! :-)

Totally off topic! XS11E Mazda 3 February 6th 06 03:41 PM
swap late model 1.8 into early Miata Walt Barnes Mazda 3 January 31st 06 04:45 PM
effects of late timing ? carl Technology 9 August 11th 05 08:37 AM
OFF TOPIC videos to share OFF TOPIC Nathan W. Collier Jeep 4 May 22nd 05 01:08 AM
CRV ? 1/2 on topic 1/2 off topic JC Honda 1 February 9th 05 01:40 AM