One "-5 Soth" Cause Found

Old April 9th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default One "-5 Soth" Cause Found

> Scott en Aztlán:
> Two words: CELLULAR PHONE.

Sorpresa! Sorpresa! Sorpresa!

> Several of the -5 Sloths I have encountered recently turned out to
> have phones plastered to their ears. These Sloths are driving slowly
> because they are unable to concentrate on both their driving and their
> conversation at the same time - so of course the driving suffers.

.... much to the chagrin of the rest of us....

Stupid question (and you may not be able to answer it), but exactly
*WTF* is so compelling about these conversations that they can't wait
utill the driving is done???

Old April 10th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

> Scott en Aztlán:

<snip>

> However, I've come to realize that I am an anomaly.

You're not that much of an anomaly, Scott. There are only a couple of
numbers (literally) that will get me to answer my phone while driving
and initiating a call while in motion is out of the question. Everyone
else waits untill I get to my destination, park the car and shut down
the engine before the call gets returned.
Old April 11th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

necromancer > wrote in
th.net:

>> Scott en Aztlán:

> <snip>
>
>> However, I've come to realize that I am an anomaly.

> You're not that much of an anomaly, Scott. There are only a couple
> of numbers (literally) that will get me to answer my phone while
> driving and initiating a call while in motion is out of the question.
> Everyone else waits untill I get to my destination, park the car and
> shut down the engine before the call gets returned.

Then there was the most considerate cell phone user I encountered
Saturday. They had pulled over and stopped their car to talk on the
phone. Unforunately, they only pulled halfway off the road and were
still in the travel lane. They did this 15 yards past a blind 90 degree
curve. And I had a mini-bus (only seats 10) full of little old ladies on
their way home from lunch, one in a wheel chair. Glad I creep around
that curve anyway, I would have had blue hair in the asile. Not to
mention all the doggie bags.

Doug

I found a new cockpit gtlover Driving 1 September 16th 05 01:49 AM
I found a new cockpit gtlover Simulators 0 September 15th 05 09:13 AM
I found a new cockpit gtlover Simulators 0 September 15th 05 09:07 AM
found my engine problem george taylor VW air cooled 3 September 11th 05 02:40 AM
Good News -- Boy Scout Found in Utah Jeff Strickland Jeep 10 June 21st 05 11:15 PM