honda accord hose kit

Old March 7th 10, 03:00 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
lora

Default honda accord hose kit

Hello,

a few months ago, when I had gone to the dealer for some maitenance
they had recommended to change the hoses for my accord 2001 (60k
miles). at that time, they had suggested to get a hose kit that
contains 9 hoses or so.

Other than the 2 radiator hoses, where are the other 7 hoses located
and their function?

I believe most people recommend to just change the upper/lower
radiator hoses. Can someone list any other "critical" hoses that
should be changed ?

Thank you!

Old March 7th 10, 03:41 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_6_]

lora wrote:
> Hello,
>
> a few months ago, when I had gone to the dealer for some maitenance
> they had recommended to change the hoses for my accord 2001 (60k
> miles). at that time, they had suggested to get a hose kit that
> contains 9 hoses or so.
>
> Other than the 2 radiator hoses, where are the other 7 hoses located
> and their function?
>
> I believe most people recommend to just change the upper/lower
> radiator hoses. Can someone list any other "critical" hoses that
> should be changed ?
>
> Thank you!

Depends on what the kit has in it.
Upper and lower radiator, heater hoses, water pump interconnects, power
steering hoses, vacuum hoses, emission hoses.

I can think of 15 under the hood of my Blazer. And those are the common
stuff.

--
Steve W.
Old March 8th 10, 07:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
lora

thank you. I have a v4 engine. So, besides the 2 radiator hoses, the
others not needed at this time.
The car is 8 1/2 yrs old and has 65k miles on it.

and why only honda coolant? anything wrong with other types?

Old March 8th 10, 09:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve[_1_]

lora wrote:
> thank you. I have a v4 engine.

Not in an Accord. Its got either an inline (I4) or a V6. V4 engines are
quite rare in automobiles (and in general, actually).

Old March 8th 10, 10:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_2_]

lora > wrote in
:

> thank you. I have a v4 engine.

You have an inline-4, not a V4.

> So, besides the 2 radiator hoses, the
> others not needed at this time.

Not unless...
1) The hoses are showing cracks, or signs of the ends having been
overtightened. The tiny hoses going to the throttle body and the thermostat
housing almost never break unless abused.
2) The coolant is severely old and has attacked the insides of the hoses.

If the factory clamps have been replaced with aftermarket worm-types, it's
likely that somebody has overtightened the hoses. If the factory spring-
type clamps are still present, chances are good that the hose ends are
fine.

> The car is 8 1/2 yrs old and has 65k miles on it.
>
> and why only honda coolant? anything wrong with other types?

Honda coolant is made specifically for the metals and polymers that Honda
uses in its engines. Others may, or may not, be completely compatible.

--
Tegger

Old March 8th 10, 10:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_2_]

On 3/8/2010 11:56 AM, Steve wrote:
> lora wrote:
>> thank you. I have a v4 engine.

> Not in an Accord. Its got either an inline (I4) or a V6. V4 engines are
> quite rare in automobiles (and in general, actually).

She probably means 4-valve head. That's a lot of valves!

Old March 9th 10, 01:18 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_2_]

dsi1 > wrote in news:E0fln.22573$wr5.3199
@newsfe22.iad:

> On 3/8/2010 11:56 AM, Steve wrote:
>> lora wrote:
>>> thank you. I have a v4 engine.

>> Not in an Accord. Its got either an inline (I4) or a V6. V4 engines are
>> quite rare in automobiles (and in general, actually).

> She probably means 4-valve head. That's a lot of valves!

No, she means an inline-4. A lot of people are not sure what the "V" means,
so they tack it in front of any cylinder count. I'm waiting for somebody to
eventually say his lawnmower has a "V1"...

And speaking of multi-valve heads, check out /this/ puppy!
<http://www.maserati-alfieri.co.uk/alfieri26.htm>

--
Tegger

Old March 9th 10, 01:26 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 03/08/2010 08:18 PM, Tegger wrote:
> > wrote in news:E0fln.22573$wr5.3199
> @newsfe22.iad:

>>> Not in an Accord. Its got either an inline (I4) or a V6. V4 engines are
>>> quite rare in automobiles (and in general, actually).

>> She probably means 4-valve head. That's a lot of valves!

> No, she means an inline-4. A lot of people are not sure what the "V" means,
> so they tack it in front of any cylinder count. I'm waiting for somebody to
> eventually say his lawnmower has a "V1"...

Well, if it's a *riding* lawnmower, and you're planning on taking it on
the freeway (not in Virginia or the District of Columbia however) it's
not a bad idea.

http://www.valentine1.com/

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old March 9th 10, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I have a Briggs & Stratton (H) horizontally opposed twin cylinders 14
horsepower horizontal crank shaft aircooled engine with 12 V (volts)
electric start.My two walk behind lawn mowers each have a V (vertical
shaft Briggs & Stratton engine.
I mowed my yard this afternoon.That Creeping Phlox stuff is taking over
my yard.
cuhulin