2003 Dodge Neon - spits and sputters

Old October 30th 06, 02:22 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
tibbsmn

Default 2003 Dodge Neon - spits and sputters

When I start the neon the motor revs up to about 4000 rpms then slows
down to about 2000 then starts to spit and sputter, when you push the
break pedal it is like when the vehicle is shut off, (like there is no
vacuum) and within just a few minutes the catalytic converter will
glow red.
any ideas

--
Posted at author's request, using fully moderated http://www.AutoBoardz.com/Dodge-forum-35.html interface
Old October 30th 06, 05:57 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Larry Crites

Sounds like you need to replace the converter. At least, make sure something
isn't inside blocking your exhaust pipe.

Larry
Behold Beware Believe

news:891931_8247bbcc4ecde968682bed1f29ad6bb4@autob oardz.com...

Old October 30th 06, 10:15 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
damnnickname

you mention nothing about the check engine lite on. With this kind of a
problem there should be a fault code stored. Possibly cyl missfire code,
huge vacuum leak or a faulty catylitic convertor.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old October 31st 06, 03:22 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
tibbsmn

The check engine light is on

"damnnickname" wrote:
> you mention nothing about the check engine lite on. With this
> kind of a
> problem there should be a fault code stored. Possibly cyl
> missfire code,
> huge vacuum leak or a faulty catylitic convertor.
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact author/report abuse
Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/2003-Neon-...ict187731.html

Old October 31st 06, 03:49 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Abby Normal[_1_]

just a wild fortune telling guess, and nothing to base it on but past
experience of one time similar experience, but I bet the code is a: P401 or
P403 or something in the EGR area.

news:892369_7af81b2eb990d4cdebe2491750b7ec09@autob oardz.com...

Old October 31st 06, 09:52 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"tibbsmn" > wrote in message
news:892369_7af81b2eb990d4cdebe2491750b7ec09@autob oardz.com...
> The check engine light is on
>
> "damnnickname" wrote:
> > you mention nothing about the check engine lite on. With this
> > kind of a
> > problem there should be a fault code stored. Possibly cyl
> > missfire code,
> > huge vacuum leak or a faulty catylitic convertor.
> >
> > Glenn Beasley
> > Chrysler Tech

> --
> Posted at author's request, using http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface
> Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact

author/report abuse
> Thread archive:

http://www.AutoBoardz.com/2003-Neon-...ict187731.html

Then find out what code it is!!