O2 Sensors

Old September 24th 10, 07:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
General Schvantzkoph

Default O2 Sensors

Are Chrysler O2 sensors crap? I've got a five year old 300C (2006 model
year) with 50K miles on it. An O2 sensor had to be replaced a year ago, a
second one has failed recently. I'm having the dealer replace all four
because I figure if two have failed the other two can't be far behind.

Is this unusual on the Hemi?
Old September 24th 10, 10:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

a lot of that depends on the fuel in your area, as well as total hours
running, not just miles......

Old September 24th 10, 11:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
General Schvantzkoph

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 17:50:23 -0400, rob wrote:

> a lot of that depends on the fuel in your area, as well as total hours
> running, not just miles......
>

> "General Schvantzkoph" > wrote in message
>> Are Chrysler O2 sensors crap? I've got a five year old 300C (2006 model
>> year) with 50K miles on it. An O2 sensor had to be replaced a year ago,
>> a second one has failed recently. I'm having the dealer replace all
>> four because I figure if two have failed the other two can't be far
>> behind.
>>
>> Is this unusual on the Hemi?

My car sits in the driveway all week, and then I take it out for long
trips on the weekend. Is sitting bad for the sensors?

Old October 7th 10, 02:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Rahul

General Schvantzkoph > wrote in
:

> Are Chrysler O2 sensors crap? I've got a five year old 300C (2006
> model year) with 50K miles on it. An O2 sensor had to be replaced a
> year ago, a second one has failed recently. I'm having the dealer
> replace all four because I figure if two have failed the other two
> can't be far behind.

I think they are crap too. But my model is older. A 1999 Stratus V6.

--
Rahul
Old October 28th 10, 12:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
ulas c coskun

there is nothign special about o2 sensors. I think it is mostly due to
engine. Check your engine compression, and injectors.

Old October 28th 10, 02:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
clams

On Oct 6, 8:30 pm, Rahul > wrote:
> General Schvantzkoph > wrote
> :
>
> > Are Chrysler O2 sensors crap? I've got a five year old 300C (2006
> > model year) with 50K miles on it. An O2 sensor had to be replaced a
> > year ago, a second one has failed recently. I'm having the dealer
> > replace all four because I figure if two have failed the other two
> > can't be far behind.

> I think they are crap too. But my model is older. A 1999 Stratus V6.
>
> --
> Rahul

I don't recall ever changing one on other cars, but I've had to have an O2
sensor on my Labaron replaced four times in the past nine years.

pressure sensors Jan E. Audi 0 June 29th 09 09:05 AM
96 Windstar O2 Sensors? cjnick16 Technology 4 June 20th 07 07:24 AM
AWA [OFFER] Auto Sensors, Air Flow Meters, Air Flow Sensors, ABS Sensors, Cam Position [email protected] General 0 April 12th 06 11:51 AM
AWA [DEMAND] O2 SENSORS/OXYGEN SENSORS [email protected] General 0 December 19th 05 05:11 AM
Why two upstream O2 sensors? Peter Technology 1 April 29th 05 02:12 PM