Which fuse controls the car alarm in th 300C

Old February 28th 10, 09:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
General Schvantzkoph

Default Which fuse controls the car alarm in th 300C

My 06 300C has a problem where the car alarm goes off spontaneously and
can't be turned off with the key or the key buttons. It will turn itself
off after five minutes. This happens once or twice a year, usually in the
spring or fall (I'm guessing it's a moisture problem), had has been
happening since I got the car. The first time it happened I took it to
the dealer but they weren't able to find anything. They suggested that I
pull the fuse when it happens, however that was five years and I don't
remember which fuse it is. There are dozens of fuses, I've pulled lots of
them without success. Does anyone know which fuse controls the car alarm?

Old March 1st 10, 12:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

General Schvantzkoph wrote:
> My 06 300C has a problem where the car alarm goes off spontaneously and
> can't be turned off with the key or the key buttons. It will turn itself
> off after five minutes. This happens once or twice a year, usually in the
> spring or fall (I'm guessing it's a moisture problem), had has been
> happening since I got the car. The first time it happened I took it to
> the dealer but they weren't able to find anything. They suggested that I
> pull the fuse when it happens, however that was five years and I don't
> remember which fuse it is. There are dozens of fuses, I've pulled lots of
> them without success. Does anyone know which fuse controls the car alarm?

Looks like it would be Fuses 14 and 29 in the PDC.

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old March 1st 10, 01:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Bill Putney wrote:
> General Schvantzkoph wrote:
>> My 06 300C has a problem where the car alarm goes off spontaneously
>> and can't be turned off with the key or the key buttons. It will turn
>> itself off after five minutes. This happens once or twice a year,
>> usually in the spring or fall (I'm guessing it's a moisture problem),
>> had has been happening since I got the car. The first time it happened
>> I took it to the dealer but they weren't able to find anything. They
>> suggested that I pull the fuse when it happens, however that was five
>> years and I don't remember which fuse it is. There are dozens of
>> fuses, I've pulled lots of them without success. Does anyone know
>> which fuse controls the car alarm?

> Looks like it would be Fuses 14 and 29 in the PDC.

Actually, looking closer at the FSM schematics, I'm thinking that just
pulling 14 will do it. Fuse 14 is hot all the time. 29 is only hot
when the key is in Run or Start (so turning the key off would have the
same effect as pulling Fuse 29).

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old March 1st 10, 03:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
General Schvantzkoph

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 20:04:27 -0500, Bill Putney wrote:

> Bill Putney wrote:
>> General Schvantzkoph wrote:
>>> My 06 300C has a problem where the car alarm goes off spontaneously
>>> and can't be turned off with the key or the key buttons. It will turn
>>> itself off after five minutes. This happens once or twice a year,
>>> usually in the spring or fall (I'm guessing it's a moisture problem),
>>> had has been happening since I got the car. The first time it happened
>>> I took it to the dealer but they weren't able to find anything. They
>>> suggested that I pull the fuse when it happens, however that was five
>>> years and I don't remember which fuse it is. There are dozens of
>>> fuses, I've pulled lots of them without success. Does anyone know
>>> which fuse controls the car alarm?

>> Looks like it would be Fuses 14 and 29 in the PDC.
>>

> Actually, looking closer at the FSM schematics, I'm thinking that just
> pulling 14 will do it. Fuse 14 is hot all the time. 29 is only hot
> when the key is in Run or Start (so turning the key off would have the
> same effect as pulling Fuse 29).

Thanks I'll make a note of this. Do you know if this is a common problem
on 300s or I just have a bad ground somewhere?
Old March 1st 10, 10:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

General Schvantzkoph wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 20:04:27 -0500, Bill Putney wrote:
>
>> Bill Putney wrote:
>>> Looks like it would be Fuses 14 and 29 in the PDC.
>>>

>> Actually, looking closer at the FSM schematics, I'm thinking that just
>> pulling 14 will do it. Fuse 14 is hot all the time. 29 is only hot
>> when the key is in Run or Start (so turning the key off would have the
>> same effect as pulling Fuse 29).

> Thanks I'll make a note of this. Do you know if this is a common problem
> on 300s or I just have a bad ground somewhere?

You're welcome. I have no familiarity of the 300C, so I don't know if
this is a common problem - I looked in the schematics of a 2005 FSM
(http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/m...ce%20Manuals/).

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')