NASTY Lil' Cobra Being Twin Screwed

Old October 19th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default NASTY Lil' Cobra Being Twin Screwed

Disclaimer: Despite the thread name this is not a porno video.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=104572

Patrick

Old October 19th 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

wrote:
> Disclaimer: Despite the thread name this is not a porno video.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=104572

Further proof to back up my claim that the 4.6L engine in the '03-'04
Cobras is one of the best, if not the best, engine EVER put into a
production car. They didn't even have to take the valve covers off to
make nearly 700 horsepower. That engine is one of the toughest built
SOBs from the factory ever produced.
Old October 19th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_73_]

Michael Johnson > wrote in
:

> wrote:
>> Disclaimer: Despite the thread name this is not a porno video.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=104572

> Further proof to back up my claim that the 4.6L engine in the '03-'04
> Cobras is one of the best, if not the best, engine EVER put into a
> production car. They didn't even have to take the valve covers off to
> make nearly 700 horsepower. That engine is one of the toughest built
> SOBs from the factory ever produced.

So goddammit, why doesn't Ford offer this thing as an option for the
regular ol' '08 GT???
Old October 19th 07, 04:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote in
> :
>
>> wrote:
>>> Disclaimer: Despite the thread name this is not a porno video.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=104572
>> Further proof to back up my claim that the 4.6L engine in the '03-'04
>> Cobras is one of the best, if not the best, engine EVER put into a
>> production car. They didn't even have to take the valve covers off to
>> make nearly 700 horsepower. That engine is one of the toughest built
>> SOBs from the factory ever produced.

> So goddammit, why doesn't Ford offer this thing as an option for the
> regular ol' '08 GT???

Because it needs a blower to make the power due to its lower
compression. Plus, the parts used in that motor is complete overkill
for a garden variety Mustang GT that will stay mostly stock. The price
increase isn't worth it, IMO. It would be nice if they would make the
rods, crank and forged pistons in it an engine upgrade option for those
that know a blower is in their future. Just call it a blower friendly
bottom end upgrade.
Old October 19th 07, 01:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_25_]

Michael Johnson > wrote in
:

> Joe wrote:
>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>> :

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=104572
>>> Further proof to back up my claim that the 4.6L engine in the

'03-'04
>>> Cobras is one of the best, if not the best, engine EVER put into a
>>> production car. They didn't even have to take the valve covers off

>>> make nearly 700 horsepower. That engine is one of the toughest

built
>>> SOBs from the factory ever produced.

>> So goddammit, why doesn't Ford offer this thing as an option for the
>> regular ol' '08 GT???

> Because it needs a blower to make the power due to its lower
> compression. Plus, the parts used in that motor is complete overkill
> for a garden variety Mustang GT that will stay mostly stock. The

price
> increase isn't worth it, IMO. It would be nice if they would make the
> rods, crank and forged pistons in it an engine upgrade option for

those
> that know a blower is in their future. Just call it a blower friendly
> bottom end upgrade.

If it's so dependable and rock solid, I still can't see why that
complete engine including the blower isn't offered as an option for the
GT.

Here's an idea: Dump the "specialty" cars like the GT500 and simply
offer the goodies that made that car a GT500 as options for the Mustang
GT. That's not far from what they did in the late 60s and early 70s, so
why not now? Seems to be a win-win deal to me...
Old October 19th 07, 01:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Joe wrote:
> Michael Johnson > wrote in
> :
>
>> Joe wrote:
>>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>>> :

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=104572

> '03-'04

> built
>>> So goddammit, why doesn't Ford offer this thing as an option for the
>>> regular ol' '08 GT???

>> Because it needs a blower to make the power due to its lower
>> compression. Plus, the parts used in that motor is complete overkill
>> for a garden variety Mustang GT that will stay mostly stock. The

> price
>> increase isn't worth it, IMO. It would be nice if they would make the
>> rods, crank and forged pistons in it an engine upgrade option for

> those
>> that know a blower is in their future. Just call it a blower friendly
>> bottom end upgrade.

> If it's so dependable and rock solid, I still can't see why that
> complete engine including the blower isn't offered as an option for the
> GT.
>
> Here's an idea: Dump the "specialty" cars like the GT500 and simply
> offer the goodies that made that car a GT500 as options for the Mustang
> GT. That's not far from what they did in the late 60s and early 70s, so
> why not now? Seems to be a win-win deal to me...

IMO, because Ford couldn't charge the outrageous prices for an option
package like they can for cars like the GT500. They are making insane
profits on the GT500 and will on he new Boss etc. Making these car's
components just option choices kills their exclusivity and therefore
profits.
Old October 19th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Big Al[_2_]

> IMO, because Ford couldn't charge the outrageous prices for an option
> package like they can for cars like the GT500. They are making insane
> profits on the GT500 and will on he new Boss etc. Making these car's
> components just option choices kills their exclusivity and therefore
> profits.

Insane is right. They make cars few people could afford and keep the price
high while the company is going down the tubes. Why not SELL the cars?
Selling cars is what they are supposed to do. Now they are going to quit
selling Crown Vic's except to fleets. Sell the people what they want. What
genius decided to re-badge the 500 and call it a Taurus? That should really
help.

Al

Old October 19th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_80_]

Michael Johnson > wrote in
news
> Joe wrote:
>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>> :

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=104572

>> '03-'04

>> built
>>> Because it needs a blower to make the power due to its lower
>>> compression. Plus, the parts used in that motor is complete
>>> overkill for a garden variety Mustang GT that will stay mostly
>>> stock. The

>> price
>>> increase isn't worth it, IMO. It would be nice if they would make
>>> the rods, crank and forged pistons in it an engine upgrade option
>>> for

>> those
>>> that know a blower is in their future. Just call it a blower
>>> friendly bottom end upgrade.

>> If it's so dependable and rock solid, I still can't see why that
>> complete engine including the blower isn't offered as an option for
>> the GT.
>>
>> Here's an idea: Dump the "specialty" cars like the GT500 and simply
>> offer the goodies that made that car a GT500 as options for the
>> Mustang GT. That's not far from what they did in the late 60s and
>> early 70s, so why not now? Seems to be a win-win deal to me...

> IMO, because Ford couldn't charge the outrageous prices for an option
> package like they can for cars like the GT500. They are making insane
> profits on the GT500 and will on he new Boss etc. Making these car's
> components just option choices kills their exclusivity and therefore
> profits.

I'm not sure. With so many people screaming about how they can't get a
GT500 without having to take on a second mortgage, I think Ford could
make even more money by simply offering all their goodies as options.

I guess it comes down to this: Which is better, selling a limited
production car with absurd pricing, or selling as many option packages
as possible? I vote for the latter.
Old October 19th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

"Joe" > wrote in message
> Michael Johnson > wrote in
> :
>
>> Joe wrote:
>>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>>> :

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=104572

> '03-'04

> built
>>>
>>> So goddammit, why doesn't Ford offer this thing as an option for the
>>> regular ol' '08 GT???

>> Because it needs a blower to make the power due to its lower
>> compression. Plus, the parts used in that motor is complete overkill
>> for a garden variety Mustang GT that will stay mostly stock. The

> price
>> increase isn't worth it, IMO. It would be nice if they would make the
>> rods, crank and forged pistons in it an engine upgrade option for

> those
>> that know a blower is in their future. Just call it a blower friendly
>> bottom end upgrade.

> If it's so dependable and rock solid, I still can't see why that
> complete engine including the blower isn't offered as an option for the
> GT.
>
> Here's an idea: Dump the "specialty" cars like the GT500 and simply
> offer the goodies that made that car a GT500 as options for the Mustang
> GT. That's not far from what they did in the late 60s and early 70s, so
> why not now? Seems to be a win-win deal to me...

That would be TOO DAMN EASY!

Old October 19th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Name Is Nobody

"Joe" > wrote in message
> Michael Johnson > wrote in
> news >
>> Joe wrote:
>>> Michael Johnson > wrote in
>>> :

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=104572
>>> '03-'04
>>> built
>>> price
>>> those
>>>
>>> If it's so dependable and rock solid, I still can't see why that
>>> complete engine including the blower isn't offered as an option for
>>> the GT.
>>>
>>> Here's an idea: Dump the "specialty" cars like the GT500 and simply
>>> offer the goodies that made that car a GT500 as options for the
>>> Mustang GT. That's not far from what they did in the late 60s and
>>> early 70s, so why not now? Seems to be a win-win deal to me...

>> IMO, because Ford couldn't charge the outrageous prices for an option
>> package like they can for cars like the GT500. They are making insane
>> profits on the GT500 and will on he new Boss etc. Making these car's
>> components just option choices kills their exclusivity and therefore
>> profits.

> I'm not sure. With so many people screaming about how they can't get a
> GT500 without having to take on a second mortgage, I think Ford could
> make even more money by simply offering all their goodies as options.
>
> I guess it comes down to this: Which is better, selling a limited
> production car with absurd pricing, or selling as many option packages
> as possible? I vote for the latter.

Would I order a $25,000 2008 Ford Mustang GT with the factory option $6,000
500 horsepower supercharged 5.4L V-8 and a $1,200 6 speed transmission???
In a New York Second!!!

I think many more people would too, how would this effect Fords adherence to
their CAFE standards? :-)

Ford really needs to pull their head out of their asses