"cockpitLookDeadZone" affects Centering Spring

Old March 17th 13, 03:51 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default "cockpitLookDeadZone" affects Centering Spring

Mario Petrinovic:
No, Centering Spring should be unchecked (thanks good). This works
also with unchecked Centering Spring.
So, the trick actually is to put "cockpitLookDeadZone" to 1.000000.
It is as good as when iRacing allowed LINEAR FFB. This is again some
"smart" iRacing's invention, that messes everything up, just like
unlinearity.

Ok, it looks like in-game sliders have to be exactly at the same
percentage. They both should be at 100%, but unfortunately I cannot put the
Strength slider to 100% (60.0) on my system, so I have it at 59.4/99%.
Also, it looks like Overall and Centering Spring should also be the
same.
Also, it looks like Damper and Spring should also be the same.
So, driver settings should look something like 90/65/65/90.

Old March 18th 13, 03:17 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Mario Petrinovic:
Mario Petrinovic:
No, Centering Spring should be unchecked (thanks good). This works
also with unchecked Centering Spring.
So, the trick actually is to put "cockpitLookDeadZone" to 1.000000.
It is as good as when iRacing allowed LINEAR FFB. This is again some
"smart" iRacing's invention, that messes everything up, just like
unlinearity.

Ok, it looks like in-game sliders have to be exactly at the same
percentage. They both should be at 100%, but unfortunately I cannot put the
Strength slider to 100% (60.0) on my system, so I have it at 59.4/99%.
Also, it looks like Overall and Centering Spring should also be the
same.
Also, it looks like Damper and Spring should also be the same.
So, driver settings should look something like 90/65/65/90.

Hm, interestingly, after whole day of testing I managed to disprove
all of the above, and I am back where I was before.
Yes, again it showed that in-game should be at 30.0/50%. My driver
settings now are 85/100/100/50.
One interesting thing happened. I managed to find THE right Overall,
and this is 85. It loooks like cockpitLookDeadZone of 1 is very sensible to
Overall. When testing the Dallara I figured out that you CANNOT control this
car if Overall is set too high. Also, I was able to feel exactly when it is
set too low. Overall can be set exactly right, and in my case this is at 85.
Being able to set this right is very important, because this gives you just
the right control.
Well, there is not much left to do. Tomorow I'll reasses
Spring/Damper, and cockpitLookDeadZone. Now when I have set other things
rightly, it will be easier to see exactly what is going on with these
things.

Old March 19th 13, 09:42 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

[...]

Ok, I rafined a bit, and this pretty much looks like a final
setting.
Now I have 85/85/85/100. It looks like in-game you can put wherever
you like it, as long as those two (Strength and Damper) are at the same
percentage (at the same position on the scale).

Old March 22nd 13, 12:27 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

On 19/03/2013 20:42, Mario Petrinovic wrote:

> Hm, interestingly, after whole day of testing I managed to disprove
> all of the above, and I am back where I was before.

I just can't believe it to be true!

Old March 22nd 13, 02:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Tony R:
Mario Petrinovic:
> Hm, interestingly, after whole day of testing I managed to disprove
> all of the above, and I am back where I was before.

I just can't believe it to be true!

Well Tony, I was in the same testing session that you were (you were
already gone by then), and I was faster than you, using only stock baseline
Skippy setup.
I am telling you, put this rocking chair into garbage, whenever I
see that somebody isn't fast, I know he is using that rocking chair. It
DOESN'T simulate middle ear racing sensations. FFB wheel DOES simulate wheel
forces, but, if that rocking chair simulates anything else but rolling in a
boat, then something is wrong with your middle ear, Tony.
While I am at that, it looks like I finaly finished THE thing. I
tested thoroughly, and it ended up that everything should be at 85% on my
system. This means 85/85/85/85, and in-game 51.0/85%. "cockpitLookDeadZone"
should be 0.000000.
For whoever wants to experiment, it looks like driver's Damper and
Spring should be the same, and in-game Strength and Damper should be at the
same percentage. Saying this driver's Damper and Spring work the best if
they are the same as Overall. OTOH, Centering Spring ISN't related to this,
but rather to in-game sliders, and Centering Spring should be the same as
in-game sliders. So, if in-game sliders are at 60% (for whoever wants to
experiment), Centering Spring should also be at 60%, no matter where
driver's sliders are.

Old March 22nd 13, 02:18 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Tony R:
Mario Petrinovic:

Old March 22nd 13, 08:46 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

On 22/03/2013 01:18, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
> Tony R:
> Mario Petrinovic:
>> Hm, interestingly, after whole day of testing I managed to disprove
>> all of the above, and I am back where I was before.

> I just can't believe it to be true!
>

> Well Tony, I was in the same testing session that you were (you were
> already gone by then), and I was faster than you, using only stock baseline
> Skippy setup.
> I am telling you, put this rocking chair into garbage, whenever I
> see that somebody isn't fast, I know he is using that rocking chair. It
> DOESN'T simulate middle ear racing sensations. FFB wheel DOES simulate
> wheel
> forces, but, if that rocking chair simulates anything else but rolling in a
> boat, then something is wrong with your middle ear, Tony.

lol, that was my first ever five laps at Mid-Ohio Short. I guess your
first session was in the rocking chair too, judging by the stats?
Old March 23rd 13, 12:22 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Tony R:
Mario Petrinovic:
> Tony R:
> Mario Petrinovic:
>> Hm, interestingly, after whole day of testing I managed to disprove
>> all of the above, and I am back where I was before.

> I just can't believe it to be true!
>
> Well Tony, I was in the same testing session that you were (you were
> already gone by then), and I was faster than you, using only stock
> baseline Skippy setup.
> I am telling you, put this rocking chair into garbage, whenever I
> see that somebody isn't fast, I know he is using that rocking chair. It
> DOESN'T simulate middle ear racing sensations. FFB wheel DOES simulate
> wheel
> forces, but, if that rocking chair simulates anything else but rolling in
> boat, then something is wrong with your middle ear, Tony.

lol, that was my first ever five laps at Mid-Ohio Short. I guess your
first session was in the rocking chair too, judging by the stats?

A lot of times I am just trying out some impossible FFB settings,
just to prove them being wrong. When I start, I usually start from too low,
or too high.

Old March 23rd 13, 09:26 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tony R

On 22/03/2013 23:22, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
> Tony R:
> Mario Petrinovic:
>> Tony R:
>> Mario Petrinovic:
>>> Hm, interestingly, after whole day of testing I managed to disprove
>>> all of the above, and I am back where I was before.

>> I just can't believe it to be true!
>>

>> Well Tony, I was in the same testing session that you were (you were
>> already gone by then), and I was faster than you, using only stock
>> baseline Skippy setup.
>> I am telling you, put this rocking chair into garbage, whenever I
>> see that somebody isn't fast, I know he is using that rocking chair. It
>> DOESN'T simulate middle ear racing sensations. FFB wheel DOES simulate
>> wheel
>> forces, but, if that rocking chair simulates anything else but rolling in
>> boat, then something is wrong with your middle ear, Tony.

> lol, that was my first ever five laps at Mid-Ohio Short. I guess your
> first session was in the rocking chair too, judging by the stats?
>
> A lot of times I am just trying out some impossible FFB settings,
> just to prove them being wrong. When I start, I usually start from too low,
> or too high.

So you are actually saying that making sweeping judgements on other
member's times in test sessions is pointless then? Glad we have
established that!
Old March 23rd 13, 09:45 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Tony R:
Mario Petrinovic:
> Tony R:
> Mario Petrinovic:
>> Tony R:
>> Mario Petrinovic:
>>> Hm, interestingly, after whole day of testing I managed to disprove
>>> all of the above, and I am back where I was before.

>> I just can't believe it to be true!
>>
>> Well Tony, I was in the same testing session that you were (you were
>> already gone by then), and I was faster than you, using only stock
>> baseline Skippy setup.
>> I am telling you, put this rocking chair into garbage, whenever I
>> see that somebody isn't fast, I know he is using that rocking chair. It
>> DOESN'T simulate middle ear racing sensations. FFB wheel DOES simulate
>> wheel
>> forces, but, if that rocking chair simulates anything else but rolling in
>> boat, then something is wrong with your middle ear, Tony.

> lol, that was my first ever five laps at Mid-Ohio Short. I guess your
> first session was in the rocking chair too, judging by the stats?
>
> A lot of times I am just trying out some impossible FFB settings,
> just to prove them being wrong. When I start, I usually start from too
> low,
> or too high.

So you are actually saying that making sweeping judgements on other
member's times in test sessions is pointless then? Glad we have
established that!

Definitely isn't pointless. I just said what I noticed. Whoever
noticed something else, I'll be very glad to hear it. More knowledge, the
better.
I suppose, you are suggesting that we keep quiet about what we are
noticing, to "not distrub the gods", who will be very dissatisfied with us
for spreding "the word", and punish us to roll the rock up the hill whole
our lifes.