Ping Dad

Old July 4th 06, 02:28 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Anon

Default Ping Dad

Hi Dad.

Can a set of golf clubs fit in the back of a C5? I think a club is what,
about 45" long or so? I want to learn to play golf; and am wondering if
a set fits in a corvette or not. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Happy 4th to you and the rest of our AAC group.

01 C5 Coupe Magnetic Red II
http://www.hcast.photosite.com/Corvettes/?page=5

Old July 4th 06, 03:17 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan

"Anon" > wrote in message
.. .
> Hi Dad.
>
> Can a set of golf clubs fit in the back of a C5? I think a club is what,
> about 45" long or so? I want to learn to play golf; and am wondering
> if a set fits in a corvette or not. Thanks in advance for your advice.

FWIW, mine fit fine in the back of a C4.

> Happy 4th to you and the rest of our AAC group.

Right back atcha. 11:04 tee time tomorrow. They expect rain early.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Old July 4th 06, 04:10 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Anon" > wrote in message
.. .
> Hi Dad.
>
> Can a set of golf clubs fit in the back of a C5? I think a club is what,
> about 45" long or so? I want to learn to play golf; and am wondering if a
> set fits in a corvette or not. Thanks in advance for your advice.
>
> Happy 4th to you and the rest of our AAC group.

> 01 C5 Coupe Magnetic Red II

I used to carry my 52" benchrest 1,000 yard rifle in the '98 in a large hard
case, no problems. Some will not trade up to the C6 because they can't get 2
sets of clubs in the convertible. Yes, they fit in the C5 if you don't have a
motorized cart. ;-)

--
Dad

One more gun is just enough, maybe.

Old July 4th 06, 04:47 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Anon

Dad wrote:
> I used to carry my 52" benchrest 1,000 yard rifle in the '98 in a
> large hard case, no problems.

What do you use for 1,000 meter rifle? I have a Barrett M99. Here is the
M99 (12.7 x 99 NATO) next to my M24 (7.62 x 51 NATO). Huge difference, eh?
http://www.hcast.photosite.com/RifleRange/DSCN1144.html I keep a 400
meter zero on the M24 and it does pretty good groups at 800 meters; and
keep a 1,000 meter zero on the M99 and it should be able to do long shots
out to 3,000 meters. In fact, a few months back I read that a Canadian
Army sniper in Afghanestan got a confirmed kill with an M99 at 2,430 meters.
Here is a blurb on it, in fact:
http://www.snipercountry.com/Article...2430Metres.asp

Old July 4th 06, 12:16 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.

>I used to carry my 52" benchrest 1,000 yard rifle in the '98 in a large hard
>case, no problems. Some will not trade up to the C6 because they can't get 2
>sets of clubs in the convertible. Yes, they fit in the C5 if you don't have a
>motorized cart. ;-)

I have a hard time walking more then a 1/2 mile before my legs cramp
up (having surgury nexyt week to bypass a blocked artery)....

BUT the last few years I have stuffed a Pride Sunsetter Handicapped
scooter in my 64 (with the top down btw) and driven to Carlisle so I
could ride around the 82 acreas of Corvettes and parts .. really not
much of a problem .

I will admit that I have to leave the wife home to do this...

However I can fit the same scooter AND the wife in my 98 BUT I have to
leave the top up... DAMN... !

Bob G.

Old July 4th 06, 05:31 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Anon" > wrote in message
. ..
> Dad wrote:
>> I used to carry my 52" benchrest 1,000 yard rifle in the '98 in a
>> large hard case, no problems.

> What do you use for 1,000 meter rifle? I have a Barrett M99. Here is the
> M99 (12.7 x 99 NATO) next to my M24 (7.62 x 51 NATO). Huge difference, eh?
> http://www.hcast.photosite.com/RifleRange/DSCN1144.html I keep a 400 meter
> zero on the M24 and it does pretty good groups at 800 meters; and keep a
> 1,000 meter zero on the M99 and it should be able to do long shots out to
> 3,000 meters. In fact, a few months back I read that a Canadian Army sniper
> in Afghanestan got a confirmed kill with an M99 at 2,430 meters. Here is a
> blurb on it, in fact:
> http://www.snipercountry.com/Article...2430Metres.asp

I had a State Arms Co. .50 BMG, custom builder from Wisconsin, with my best
group of 11.75 inches at 1,000 yards, never shot meters. The muzzle brake
weighed more than my AR10. I no longer felt comfortable shooting a gun that
can't be stopped, just change its direction of destruction, so I sold it. To
populated here and tired of driving so far to shoot. Camp Perry is getting to
picky and also inconvenient. Still shoot M1, M1A and an AR10, the M1A is for
sale.

I got a kick out of the writers statement that an "American sniper threw him his
rifle and said here, you can use this better than I can". Tell me a sniper the
would give up his rifle, let alone by throwing it and saying that.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old July 4th 06, 06:27 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Anon

Dad wrote:
> I had a State Arms Co. .50 BMG, custom builder from Wisconsin, with
> my best group of 11.75 inches at 1,000 yards, never shot meters. The
> muzzle brake weighed more than my AR10.

The muzzle brake on my Barrett is huge too; and it's designed for the
barrel to slide back as part of the recoil elimination. The recoil on my
M99 is about the same as on my Bushmaster M4 or on my USMC M9200A1.

> I no longer felt comfortable
> shooting a gun that can't be stopped, just change its direction of
> destruction, so I sold it. To populated here and tired of driving so
> far to shoot. Camp Perry is getting to picky and also inconvenient.
> Still shoot M1, M1A and an AR10, the M1A is for sale.

Depending on price and how far you are from Georgia; I will take your M1A I
guess. I am on vacation the next 2 weeks. Road trip!

I have 66 acres; though I don't know how many meters that is in each
direction. It takes like 10 minutes to ATV from one end to the other, give
or take. I built my own range; but only out to 300 yards. There is a
pretty darn big stream (10 feet across) that runs through the middle, and a
creek that it feeds on the end which is as huge as a small river (maybe 30
feet across). I did shelter so I don't get sunburned - I made it 30 feet
by 10 feet and have three picnic tables under it. It started as 20x10 but I
extended it this year so I could invite over more friends. I made a 25
yard berm for pistol, 100 yard, 150 yard, and 200 yard for rifle, and I
also cemented in a trap thrower so I could do shotgun. Now my next step is
to get more targets to keep it interesting; and I am half way done
bush-hogging the 300 yard.

> I got a kick out of the writers statement that an "American sniper
> threw him his rifle and said here, you can use this better than I
> can". Tell me a sniper the would give up his rifle, let alone by
> throwing it and saying that.

I recently heard a funny comment from a sniper in Afghanistan. The
interviewer asked what he felt about killing Taliban and Al-Qaida. He said
"recoil". I thought that was pretty funny.