Two questions for TJ pilots

Old April 6th 05, 01:44 AM
B a r r y

Default Two questions for TJ pilots

I've got a '99 TJ Sport.

There are two issues I'd like to correct this year:

#1 - My soft top windows are beat. Can anyone recommend aftermarket
windows that zip into the factory top?

#2 - I broke a front sway bar ball end. Since I'm at it, I figure this
is a great time to add disconnects. I don't have any added lift. Can
anyone recommend a sway bar disconnect kit that'll replace the broken
ball end at the same time?

Thanks!
Barry
Old April 6th 05, 04:00 AM
Eric

I can't help you with the top as mine is still good. As for the sway bar
links, I like my Teraflex quick discos. Piece of cake. I see people
struggling with their JKS (and lookalikes) all the time while I just slide
mine right off and back on.

Eric
99 TJ SE
om...

Old April 6th 05, 05:04 AM
Steve

You must be watching people with the old JKS link design:

http://home.4x4wire.com/swilson/jeep...ctures/jks.jpg
http://www.jksmfg.com/images/product...connect_1_.jpg

Those must be a true PITA to line up and reconnect. They've long since
(6 years ago?) redesigned them and came up with these:

http://www.fm2cd.com/tech/images/frntcomp1.jpg
http://www.fm2cd.com/tech/images/quicker.jpg

The Teraflex links are essentially the same, but not adjustable:

http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/sus.../lktqdone1.jpg

Steve
http://xjeep.dyndns.org

Old April 6th 05, 03:04 PM
IsellJeeps

www.quadratec.com for the items..... buy bestop windows no other brand!

om...

Old April 6th 05, 09:56 PM
B a r r y

Eric wrote:
> I can't help you with the top as mine is still good. As for the sway bar
> links, I like my Teraflex quick discos. Piece of cake. I see people
> struggling with their JKS (and lookalikes) all the time while I just slide
> mine right off and back on.

Do the Terraflex versions actually replace the ball assembly?

Thanks!
Barry
Old April 6th 05, 11:58 PM
twaldron

You pop out the factory links and press in the tera QD's by tightening
the nut. Take a quick look at the pic, it's fairly evident. The only
downside to them is that the cotter pins get in the way and the bullet
shaped mounting points are hard to tighten.

B a r r y wrote:
> Do the Terraflex versions actually replace the ball assembly?
>
> Thanks!
> Barry

tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)
Old April 7th 05, 01:10 AM
Eric

I ended up using thread locker to get the mounting points to stay.

Eric
m...

Old April 7th 05, 01:10 AM
Eric

You're right -- I must be looking at the older ones.

Eric

Old April 7th 05, 01:23 AM
B a r r y

twaldron wrote:
> You pop out the factory links and press in the tera QD's by tightening
> the nut. Take a quick look at the pic, it's fairly evident.

I isn't for me, and I'm 1800 miles from the Jeep. <G>

Does both the ball end and socket end up replaced? One side is broken
on my ride.

Thanks!
Barry
Old April 7th 05, 01:50 AM
Steve

Yes, both the JKS and Tera links replace everything.

Steve
http://xjeep.dyndns.org