Mini Petrol Powered Corvette 'Go-Kart' For Sale (7ft Long) On UK Ebay

Old November 22nd 06, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
Adrian

Default Mini Petrol Powered Corvette 'Go-Kart' For Sale (7ft Long) On UK Ebay

mrcheerful. ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

> P reg at the beginning 1995 Lexus
>
> oh god, I am a pikey.

Indeed. Illegal plates. Very naughty...

P started Aug '96.
Old November 22nd 06, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
mrcheerful .

"Adrian" > wrote in message
. 244.170...
> mrcheerful. ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
> they were saying :
>
>> P reg at the beginning 1995 Lexus
>>
>> oh god, I am a pikey.

> Indeed. Illegal plates. Very naughty...
>
> P started Aug '96.

mis-type, it is actually a 1997 (just) When it came to me it had a L reg on
the front and a p on the back, the guy had taken off his vanity plates from
one end only!!!
the land rover is the best: it is an historic vehicle as it was built in
1972, but was not registered till 1976

mrcheerful

Old November 22nd 06, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
adder1969

Dean Dark wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 00:44:08 GMT, "mrcheerful
> ." > wrote:
>
> >> ExtraSuperBonusQuestion: GM in the USA recently started selling a new
> >> engine in their Impala range. The engine has a notable "first,"
> >> feature, not just for GM, but for any engine maker. It's not
> >> necessarily a forward step... Anyone else know what it is?

> >it can run on ethanol or petrol

> Nope. Like I said, it's not necessarily (or at all) a forward step in
> engine development, though it is definitely a significant first.
>
> Someone I know just bought one, and when he told be what it was I bet
> him there was no such thing, and I lost a dollar in the process.

What was it then? ..and don't say displacement on demand.

Old November 22nd 06, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
Tom in Missouri

Sorry for the cross post, but this registration thing really seems wacky.

It isn't in order according to the years that have been posted.

Letter - Sequence Year - Posted Years

F - 67 -
G - 68 - 69
H - 69 - -
I - 70 - -
J - 71 - -
K - 72 - -
L - 73 - -
M - 74 - 73
N - 75 - -
O - 76 - -
P - 77 - - 76
Q - 78 - -
R - 79 - -
S - 80 - -
T - 81 - -
U - 82 - -
V - 83 - 80
W - 84 - - 81
X - 85 - 82
Y - 86 - - 82
Z - 87 - -
A - 88 - -
B - 89 - -
C - 90 - - 85
D - 91 - -
E - 92 - - 87
F - 93 - -
G - 94 - -
H - 95 - -

You will notice there is a discrepancy in the M, V, W, X, and W tags. I was
there in '82 so I know that X should be an '82.Most likely I and O are not
issued, as confusion with numbers. But that still leaves big holes in P
through V. Also, I had an M-reg and it was registered 19/07/74, so how is M
a '73? I also had an H-reg and it was build in '69 and registered in '69,
so it wasn't a '70.

k...

Old November 22nd 06, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
mrcheerful .

"Tom in Missouri" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> Sorry for the cross post, but this registration thing really seems wacky.
>
> It isn't in order according to the years that have been posted.
>
> Letter - Sequence Year - Posted Years
>
> F - 67 -
> G - 68 - 69
> H - 69 - -
> I - 70 - -
> J - 71 - -
> K - 72 - -
> L - 73 - -
> M - 74 - 73
> N - 75 - -
> O - 76 - -
> P - 77 - - 76
> Q - 78 - -
> R - 79 - -
> S - 80 - -
> T - 81 - -
> U - 82 - -
> V - 83 - 80
> W - 84 - - 81
> X - 85 - 82
> Y - 86 - - 82
> Z - 87 - -
> A - 88 - -
> B - 89 - -
> C - 90 - - 85
> D - 91 - -
> E - 92 - - 87
> F - 93 - -
> G - 94 - -
> H - 95 - -
>
> You will notice there is a discrepancy in the M, V, W, X, and W tags. I
> was
> there in '82 so I know that X should be an '82.Most likely I and O are not
> issued, as confusion with numbers. But that still leaves big holes in P
> through V. Also, I had an M-reg and it was registered 19/07/74, so how is
> a '73? I also had an H-reg and it was build in '69 and registered in '69,
> so it wasn't a '70.
>

> "mrcheerful ." > wrote in message
> k...
>>
>> "Adrian" > wrote in message
>> . 244.170...
>>> Dean Dark ) gurgled happily, sounding much
>>> like they were saying :

>>> What the hell am *I* doing, then, with my fleet?
>>>
>>> Parked outside at the house :-
>>> N (96)
>>> E (88)
>>> V (80)
>>> G (69)
>>> In garages :-
>>> X (82)
>>> M (73)
>>> pre-suffix (62)

>> or mine:
>> no reg year bikes times two
>> B reg (first time)1964 Viva
>> H reg trials bike (unique)
>> K reg (first time)1972 times two Cortina and a Shilton (the only one ever
>> made.
>> P reg (first time)1976 Land |Rover
>> V reg (first time) times two 1979 Ferari and Suzuki bike
>> W reg first time 1981 Metro
>> Y reg (first time) times two 1982 Metro and a camper
>> C reg at the beginning times two 1985 XR4x4 and Van
>> E reg at the beginning 1987 Van
>> N reg at the beginning 1995 Metro
>> P reg at the beginning 1995 Lexus
>>
>> oh god, I am a pikey.
>>
>> Mrcheerful

The years originally started at january the first but got changed at about d
reg to august.

so most of the letters have a possible two year date.

Without looking things up I can't remember every year of every car I own.

They did miss out I, Z, and O, Q is only used on undateable oddball stuff.

originally the letter was at the end, then at the beginning.

When at the beginning there is further confusion as the later letters
changed every 6 months.

AAAAAARGHH

too many possibles

mrcheerful

Old November 22nd 06, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
Adrian

Tom in Missouri ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

> I was there in '82 so I know that X should be an '82.Most likely I and
> O are not issued, as confusion with numbers. But that still leaves big
> holes in P through V. Also, I had an M-reg and it was registered
> 19/07/74, so how is M a '73? I also had an H-reg and it was build in
> '69 and registered in '69, so it wasn't a '70.

The letter changed (for the most part) on the 1st August...

A-suffix (ABC123A) came in on 1/1/63, and continued through to 31/12/63
E was a short one - 1/1/67 to 31/7/67, and F started the 1st August dates.

I,O,Q,U,Z weren't issued.

It turned around to A-prefix on 1/8/84, and continued through until they
moved to a twice-yearly system with T on 1/3/99. Since then, it's been 1/3
and 1/9 as the change dates.

After Y-prefix, it moved to the current scheme - AB51CDE - where the two
digits tell you when it was registered. 51 was the first, starting on
1/9/01, then 02 started 1/3/02, 52, 03, 53, 04 - take the two digit year
for a summer plate, add 50 for a winter plate. That'll see us through to
2049...

Q-prefix was (and still is) issued, but to vehicles of indeterminate age -
kitcars, write-offs rebuilt using a second hand shell, etc.
Old November 22nd 06, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
RicSeyler

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Dad wrote:

k...

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove -SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old November 22nd 06, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
Chris Whelan

Adrian wrote:

> It turned around to A-prefix on 1/8/84,

Because the E suffix ran for less than a year, I think the A prefix actually
started from 1/8/83.

Chris

--
Remove prejudice to reply.
Old November 22nd 06, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
RicSeyler

SteveH wrote:

>Dean Dark > wrote:
>

>>On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:12:44 -0500, "Dad" > wrote:
>>

>>>"SteveH" > wrote in message
.uk...

>>>No 1983 Corvettes were produced.
>>>

>>Nice one. Not too many people know that, and as a result, it's a good
>>pub bet.
>>
>>Bonus points for knowing why.
>>

>But it's completely wrong.
>
>The car was produced in 1983, but sold as a 1984 model.

PFFFFFFTTTTTT Co'mon man that was a lame attempt to save face.
Find a Vette title that states it's an '83.

Old November 22nd 06, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
RicSeyler

Dean Dark wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 00:44:08 GMT, "mrcheerful
>." > wrote:
>

>>>ExtraSuperBonusQuestion: GM in the USA recently started selling a new
>>>engine in their Impala range. The engine has a notable "first,"
>>>feature, not just for GM, but for any engine maker. It's not
>>>necessarily a forward step... Anyone else know what it is?
>>>

>>it can run on ethanol or petrol
>>

>Nope. Like I said, it's not necessarily (or at all) a forward step in
>engine development, though it is definitely a significant first.

Variable displacement? Like the ole '81 Cadillac V8/6/4?