Mini Petrol Powered Corvette 'Go-Kart' For Sale (7ft Long) On UK Ebay

Old November 22nd 06, 01:44 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

Default Mini Petrol Powered Corvette 'Go-Kart' For Sale (7ft Long) On UK Ebay

"'Key" > wrote in message
> Officially, There were no 1983 Corvettes. There were forty
> seven 1983 Corvettes made but none were ever sold. The
> National Corvette Museum has the only 1983 known at this
> time. The new Corvette plant in Bowling Green, KY closed
> in October of 1982 to begin retooling for the 1984
> Corvette. Production began in January of 1983 and the
> press received their first view of the 1984 Corvette in
> January of 1983. In February, the first production 1984
> Corvettes were sold to the public. In March of 1983, the
> 1984 Corvette officially went on sale in the United
> States, except for California and a month later, in April,
> the 1984 Corvette went on sale in California. By October
> of 1983, the plant was in full speed production.
>
> Trivia: Pop music singer "Prince" released the song,
> "Little Red Corvette".
>
> --
> "Key"
> =====

forgot the reference.
http://tinyurl.com/y2k9hn

--
"Key"
=====

Old November 22nd 06, 02:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
Dean Dark

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 00:44:08 GMT, "mrcheerful
.." > wrote:

>> ExtraSuperBonusQuestion: GM in the USA recently started selling a new
>> engine in their Impala range. The engine has a notable "first,"
>> feature, not just for GM, but for any engine maker. It's not
>> necessarily a forward step... Anyone else know what it is?

>it can run on ethanol or petrol

Nope. Like I said, it's not necessarily (or at all) a forward step in
engine development, though it is definitely a significant first.

Someone I know just bought one, and when he told be what it was I bet
him there was no such thing, and I lost a dollar in the process.
Old November 22nd 06, 05:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"SteveH" > wrote in message

>> > No 1983 Corvettes were produced.

>> Nice one. Not too many people know that, and as a result, it's a good
>> pub bet.
>>
>> Bonus points for knowing why.

> But it's completely wrong.
>
> The car was produced in 1983, but sold as a 1984 model.
>
> HTH.
> --

So what you're saying is that there was no 1983s built, isn't that what was
stated? Had to be the first time the new model was built ahead of its model
year, or does that happen every year? Must be the car makers aren't doing it
right, should they build 1984s and sell them in 1982? How can it be said in a
manner that will make you right?

Old November 22nd 06, 07:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
SteveH

Dad > wrote:

> > But it's completely wrong.
> >
> > The car was produced in 1983, but sold as a 1984 model.
> >
> > HTH.
> > --

> So what you're saying is that there was no 1983s built, isn't that what was
> stated? Had to be the first time the new model was built ahead of its model
> year, or does that happen every year? Must be the car makers aren't doing it
> right, should they build 1984s and sell them in 1982? How can it be said in a
> manner that will make you right?

It's due to the ****ed up way the Merkins market cars.

Around the middle of the year, most makers start selling cars as the
current year+1 model year cars.

eg. Audi will quite happily sell you a 'model year 2007' A6 as early as
August 2006.

Hence, there were Corvettes built in 1983, but they were the '1984 model
year' cars, even though produced in 1983.

The rest of the world doesn't feel the need to have a 'model year' to
make themselves feel good.
Alfa 156 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI SE - COSOC KOTL
BOTAFOT #87 - BOTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #
Old November 22nd 06, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
Adrian

Dean Dark ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

>>> Quite. We Brits just have the *registration* year prominently
>>> displayed on our cars, front and rear, to make us feel good and our
>>> friends and neighbours jealous.

>>Err. Mine are S and T. How does that make my neighbours jealous?

> You obviously need to buy two new cars. You're lowering the tone of
> the neighbourhood.

What the hell am *I* doing, then, with my fleet?

Parked outside at the house :-
N (96)
E (88)
V (80)
G (69)
In garages :-
X (82)
M (73)
pre-suffix (62)
Old November 22nd 06, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
Big Mc

damn my newest car is an L reg

. 244.170...

Old November 22nd 06, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.cars.classic,alt.autos.microcars,alt.autos.corvette
mrcheerful .

"Adrian" > wrote in message
. 244.170...
> Dean Dark ) gurgled happily, sounding much
> like they were saying :

>>>Err. Mine are S and T. How does that make my neighbours jealous?

>> You obviously need to buy two new cars. You're lowering the tone of
>> the neighbourhood.

> What the hell am *I* doing, then, with my fleet?
>
> Parked outside at the house :-
> N (96)
> E (88)
> V (80)
> G (69)
> In garages :-
> X (82)
> M (73)
> pre-suffix (62)

or mine:
no reg year bikes times two
B reg (first time)1964 Viva
H reg trials bike (unique)
K reg (first time)1972 times two Cortina and a Shilton (the only one ever
made.
P reg (first time)1976 Land |Rover
V reg (first time) times two 1979 Ferari and Suzuki bike
W reg first time 1981 Metro
Y reg (first time) times two 1982 Metro and a camper
C reg at the beginning times two 1985 XR4x4 and Van
E reg at the beginning 1987 Van
N reg at the beginning 1995 Metro
P reg at the beginning 1995 Lexus

oh god, I am a pikey.