Just bought my first vette!!!!! Questions...

Old September 5th 04, 01:41 PM

I would be more concerned about recieving your vette only to discover
that the seller misrepresented it in some major way ..... which you are
about to find out once its delivered. I sincerely hope that you are not
disappointed when it arrives, but, i never could understand for the life
of me why people would part with quite a bit of money without at least
flying out to see it first. I might buy a $20 used Tennis Racquet from
ebay and take a chance...but not a nice sports car ; then again...people
get married after 2 or 3 dates too. Let us know the final outcome once
youve taken delivery of it.

Old September 5th 04, 06:50 PM
BenF802961

I bought a 92 Vette on Ebay.
When it arrived the only thing wrong was there was a dead battery. Other than
that I am completely happy with my purchase.

But I can see your concerns.

Old September 6th 04, 03:50 AM

'I bought a 92 Vette on Ebay.
When it arrived the only thing wrong was there was a dead battery. Other
than that I am completely happy with my purchase.
But I can see your concerns. '

ME: You were very very fortunate that you only recieved your Corvette
with a dead battery ; there could have been a plethera of problems which
were not revealed to you over the phone/on ebay ; it is very risky to
buy something as an automobile and turn over your hard earned money
without even taking it for a drive first.

Old September 6th 04, 04:35 PM
jameson

Thanks for everyones input and advice, i am really excited...
I couldnt agree with Dave more!
However, I live down the street from a guy who owns an 89, bought on
ebay.
His daughters 2000 VW beetle, bouth on ebay.
The president of my local corvette club chapter also lives in my
neighborhood, owns a 2003 and a 1996, the 96 was bought on ebay.
Went to the vette club's last meeting and talked with many of them, at
least 50% of the people I talked to bought thier vettes (or one of
thier vettes) on ebay.
it is simply the best place to be able to find the car you want. If I
limited myself to my local paper or autotrader, I'd be looking for
months at vettes that are sub par for what I want.

but I see what dave is talking about, can be risky, and I have my
fingers crossed.

jb

Old September 6th 04, 04:35 PM
jameson

Old September 6th 04, 11:39 PM

'it is simply the best place to be able to find the car you want. If I
limited myself to my local paper or autotrader, I'd be looking for
months at vettes that are sub par for what I want.
but I see what dave is talking about, can be risky, and I have my
fingers crossed.
jb'

ME: Ebay is a good place to pick out virtually anything youre looking
for ; but considering the way morality and ethics have clearly taken a
back seat in our nation ... to risk tens of thousands of dollars based
ultimately on hearsay and a few web photos...is really very risky. You
have absolutely no recourse except to put a black mark on his ebay
record , from what i understand about this sort of Ebay transaction.
How come you didnt elect to fly out to at least test drive the vette
since you were buying it apart from an Ebay auction ?? Or at least hire
a local Car Checkers sort of service business to go to the vette and
check out the major things.? Do u think that the decision y ou made was
based on rationality and being prudent ... regardless of others buying
thru Ebay auctions ??? When do u take delivery of your vette --- id
like to know how you like it . Im not trying to belittle you JB...im
just trying to save others extreme disappointment by such high stakes
risk taking. I think if you were to look in your local papers, Chevy and
Corvette Trader online, contact all local Corvette Clubs , and
visit/contact Classic Car museums...you could find the vette of your
choice within a couple months for sure. I think this is a far better
approach than to chance throwing your money away to a Shark who just
wants to get rid of his car.