audi and kaipola ski jump advertisiement - climbing an icy hill

Old January 20th 06, 10:51 AM posted to alt.autos.audi,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.4x4,rec.autos.driving

Default audi and kaipola ski jump advertisiement - climbing an icy hill

wrote:
> I saw this advertisement from Audi on their second records on driving
> up Kaipola ski jump in Finland.

This one?
http://www.muchosucko.com/video-thea...askislope.html

Old January 20th 06, 06:22 PM posted to alt.autos.audi,rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.4x4,rec.autos.driving

That article was great. You can view the finished commercial at the
www.audiusa.com website.

I'll defer all the calculations to the mathematicians in the group, I can
understand that 80 degrees is almost straight up so it must be 80% so
semantics is probably what's being debated.

I would submit to you this is what marketing is all about, making the public
aware of the product, generating discussion and creating an impression.
With the several dozen posts, in multiple newsgroups it has generated, and
the articles on how the commercial was made, IMHO this commercial has
accomplished its purpose. A bunch of guys were talking about it at my work
last week and I'm sure that wasn't the only place that discussion was taking
place. How many thousands of advertisements are we constantly exposed to on
TV, radio, the web, newspapers, magazines, and billboards that make
absolutely no impact on us?

Just my 2 cents

(top posted for your convenience)

http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cf...id/2050308.004