98 A6 Quattro heater, horn, turn signal, lights electrical problem

Old December 19th 05, 06:22 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default 98 A6 Quattro heater, horn, turn signal, lights electrical problem

About two weeks ago I washed my car and later on that night, I
developed problems with my driver side door indicator telling me the
door was opened with all the bells and whistles going off. It so
happens, the temperture has dropped into the teens that last two weeks.
I believe a switch froze in place after the car wash. Several days ago
I took a fairly short trip with heater going on full blast. Parked the
car and next day my heater blower was not working along with my horn,
driving lights, turn signal, and windshield wipers. I checked all
fuses and all were fine. When you turn on the headlight light switch,
all the the parking lights come on except for the headlights. With the
turn signal switch you can temporally switch on the high beams, but no
headlights. To me it seems a relay dwitch associated with all these
units "somewhere" is frozen in place or finally died out. I have no
shop manuel so, Iam asking if anyone had similar problems.

Old December 19th 05, 07:58 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> About two weeks ago I washed my car and later on that night, I
> developed problems with my driver side door indicator telling me the
> door was opened with all the bells and whistles going off. It so
> happens, the temperture has dropped into the teens that last two weeks.
> I believe a switch froze in place after the car wash. Several days ago
> I took a fairly short trip with heater going on full blast. Parked the
> car and next day my heater blower was not working along with my horn,
> driving lights, turn signal, and windshield wipers. I checked all
> fuses and all were fine. When you turn on the headlight light switch,
> all the the parking lights come on except for the headlights. With the
> turn signal switch you can temporally switch on the high beams, but no
> headlights. To me it seems a relay dwitch associated with all these
> units "somewhere" is frozen in place or finally died out. I have no
> shop manuel so, Iam asking if anyone had similar problems.

Do you have wet carpets?

Old December 21st 05, 03:38 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Ronny wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > About two weeks ago I washed my car and later on that night, I
> > developed problems with my driver side door indicator telling me the
> > door was opened with all the bells and whistles going off. It so
> > happens, the temperture has dropped into the teens that last two weeks.
> > I believe a switch froze in place after the car wash. Several days ago
> > I took a fairly short trip with heater going on full blast. Parked the
> > car and next day my heater blower was not working along with my horn,
> > driving lights, turn signal, and windshield wipers. I checked all
> > fuses and all were fine. When you turn on the headlight light switch,
> > all the the parking lights come on except for the headlights. With the
> > turn signal switch you can temporally switch on the high beams, but no
> > headlights. To me it seems a relay dwitch associated with all these
> > units "somewhere" is frozen in place or finally died out. I have no
> > shop manuel so, Iam asking if anyone had similar problems.
> >

> Do you have wet carpets?

I have not checked...I used to have a problem with water coming in
through the cabinet air filter which is located right below the
windshield on the passenger side. This is obviously a bad design. I
had to put some silicon between the windshield and the black edging
which came loose. Water could have filtered in through here. In the
past it affected the blower motor, making it squeak.

Strange indicator (turn signal) problem on E34 Philip K BMW 2 November 3rd 05 06:43 PM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
TJ Turn Signal Problem rafterg Jeep 6 June 9th 05 03:37 AM
Turn Signal Problem iatros56 Corvette 2 October 14th 04 08:27 AM