A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto makers » Audi
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Audi 5000 CD turbo - brake problem !

Old November 28th 05, 02:51 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
external usenet poster

Default Audi 5000 CD turbo - brake problem !

This audi is 15 years old, now if I applied the brakes, the dash board will beep four times, along with the red light in the center ( with exclamation mark ) blinking 4 times, then 4 more times without the beeps.

Any ideas ? On board diagnostic computer reports code 4 4 4 4, which indicates everything is fine.
Thanks guys.

Bill.
Ads
Old November 28th 05, 04:24 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
external usenet poster

William,
The brake problems will not show up as an error on the ECU (checked with the fuse in the fuel pump slot). It sounds like you the pressure accumulator (aka - "bomb") is failing. See:
http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/troubl...rake.html#bomb
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ - outfitted with a rechargable brake accumulator
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

"William Chan" > wrote in message ...
This audi is 15 years old, now if I applied the brakes, the dash board will beep four times, along with the red light in the center ( with exclamation mark ) blinking 4 times, then 4 more times without the beeps.

Any ideas ? On board diagnostic computer reports code 4 4 4 4, which indicates everything is fine.
Thanks guys.

Bill.
Old November 29th 05, 01:42 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
external usenet poster

Thanks Steve, I'll take a look at it this weekend.
Also thank you for the direction to this great web site, it is full of good Audi info. Thanks again.
Bill.
CANADA.
"Steve Sears" > wrote in message ...
William,
The brake problems will not show up as an error on the ECU (checked with the fuse in the fuel pump slot). It sounds like you the pressure accumulator (aka - "bomb") is failing. See:
http://www.sjmautotechnik.com/troubl...rake.html#bomb
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ - outfitted with a rechargable brake accumulator
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

"William Chan" > wrote in message ...

Thanks guys.

Bill.