dension mini ipod connector for 147

Old April 17th 05, 11:38 AM
topgooner71

Default dension mini ipod connector for 147

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W225157EA

Hi Everyone..
Am looking at buying this connector to attach a mini ipod to my 147.

Can't seem to find it any cheaper than £100!

Anyone know where I can get this cheaper?

thank you.

Charlie

Old April 18th 05, 09:15 AM
Adderzz

"topgooner71" > wrote in message
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?W225157EA
>

> Hi Everyone..
> Am looking at buying this connector to attach a mini ipod to my 147.
>
> Can't seem to find it any cheaper than £100!
>
> Anyone know where I can get this cheaper?
>
> thank you.
>
> Charlie
>

>Have you looked into getting a FM transmitter that attaches to

your ipod so you can listen to it using the radio tuner?
I have been looking into connecting my MP3 player to my car stereo and
a FM transmitter seems to be the cheapest and easiest way of doing it.
Not sure how well it works as I don't know anyone that has one but the
transmitter only cost £8.99 on eBay so I have ordered one and will let you
know if
it's any good (providing it turns up!!).

Adderzz

Alfa 156 2L

Old April 27th 05, 04:27 PM
Mick Sheppard

I ran with an FM transmitter on the iPod for a while. It was okay but
not great. The main problems I had we

1. Finding a usable frequency. I ended up with 4 stations tuned into
different frequencies that I changed to going up and down the country.
Not very user friendly.

2. Battery life. With the transmitter in place I couldn't charge the
iPod. The blasted thing kept running out.

3. The transmitter I used had an auto cut off (to save battery power).
When it thought the iPod wasn't sending anything out it switched off.
This was fine except certain tracks with quiet ... not silent .. parts
in them triggered the auto off.

In the end I struggled along with it for 3/4 months or so and bought
the Denison setup as soon as I found it. That was around 18 months ago
or so. You may think that £100 is expensive, compared with most ICE
upgrades its not and it is well worth it.

--
Mick
156 Selespeed Veloce, ex 146 1.8TS, ex Alfasud 1.5 Ti