A4 tyres

Old December 26th 04, 12:09 AM
Ronny

"Ronny" > wrote in message

> > > Changing the profile of the Tyre will not change the width of it, so
> > > you could put 205/40/16's on if you could find them, but it will
> > > change your rolling diameter, so your speedo will be out.

> > I currently have 205/55s, I want to put 225/50s on. The sidewall height
> > (and hence the rolling diameter) on 225/50s is the same as on 205/55s,
> > according to a useful website I found that lets you compare things like
> > this.
> >
> > What I want to know is if the 16" rim will take a 225 width tyre.
> >

> 16" wheels on the Audi may have a "J" of say 7 or 7.5 it all depends on

the
> width of the wheel itself, I would say 225's will go on a 16" rim, but its
> impossible to tell.
>
> if the wheel is too narrow ie 6.5/7J what happens is the sidewall of tyre
> hangs over the edge of the rim a bit like a tyre which has sidewall
> protectors.
>
> Ronny

I mean Rim protectors not sidewall

Old December 26th 04, 12:16 AM
Ronny

everything from the buffet table.
They move to wherever they are comfortable, and sit with whoever they choose.
Provide trays so your guests will not spill everything all over your house from
carrying too much, nor will they have to make 10 trips back and fourth from the
service stations.

Roast Leg of Amputee

By all means, substitute lamb or a good beef roast if the haunch
it is in any way diseased. But sometimes surgeons make mistakes,
and if a healthy young limb is at hand, then don?t hesitate to cook
it to perfection!

1 high quality limb, rack, or roast
Potatoes, carrot
Oil
celery
onions
green onions
parsley
garlic
salt, pepper, etc
2 cups beef stock

Marinate meat (optional, not necessary with better cuts).
Season liberally and lace with garlic cloves by making incisions,
and placing whole cloves deep into the meat.
Grease a baking pan, and fill with a thick bed of onions,
celery, green onions, and parsley.
Place roast on top with fat side up.
Place uncovered in 500° oven for 20 minu

Old December 26th 04, 01:13 AM
Dan Koren

about another hour.

Pro-Choice Po-Boy

Soft-shelled crabs serve just as well in this classic southern delicacy.
The sandwich originated in New Orleans, where an abundance of abortion clinics
thrive and hot French bread is always available.

2 cleaned fetuses, head on
2 eggs
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 cup seasoned flour
oil enough for deep frying
1 loaf French bread
Lettuce
tomatoes
mayonnaise, etc.

Marinate the fetuses in the egg-mustard mixture.
Dredge thoroughly in flour.
Fry at 375° until crispy golden brown.
Remove and place on paper towels.

Holiday Youngster

One can easily adapt this recipe to ham, though as presented,
it violates no religious taboos against swine.

1 large toddler or small child, cleaned and de-headed
Kentucky Bourbon Sauce (see index)
1 large can pineapple slices
Whole cloves

Place him (or ham) or her in a large glass baking dish, buttocks up.
Tie with butcher string around and across so that he looks like
he?s crawling.
Glaze, then arrange pineapples and secure with cloves.
Bake uncovered in 350° oven till thermometer reaches 160°.

Cajun Babies

Just like crabs or crawfish, babies are boiled alive!
You don?t need silverware, the hot spicy meat comes off in your hands.

6 live babies
1 lb. smoked sausage
4 lemons
whole garlic
2 lb. new potatoes
4 ears corn
1 box salt
crab boil

Bring 3 gallons of water to a boil.
Add sausage, salt, crab boil, lemons and garlic.
Drop potatoes in, boil for 4 minutes.
Corn is added next, boil an additional 11 minutes.
Put the live babies into the boiling water and cover.
Boil till meat comes

Old December 26th 04, 01:19 AM
Dan Koren

"Glenn Richards" > wrote in message
> Dan Koren wrote:
>
> > On wet pavement, it's another story altogether. Check the test
> > results and the reviews at www.tirerack.com if you don't trust my
> > summary. They came out at the bottom of the pile.

> http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/max_perf_summer.jsp
>
> Comes out in 2nd place behind the Pirellis.

*ON* *DRY* *ROADS* only. They are specifically
classified as *SUMMER* tyres.

Check this: http://tinyurl.com/3ud6s.

The Conti Sports ranked 12th out of 19th. Last
year the list was only 13 entries long, and
they were 2nd from the bottom.

Also he http://tinyurl.com/5h335 they
ranked 37th out of 40!!!

> As I said in an earlier posting, I've been
> in several cars, both as driver and passenger,
> with Conti Sports, and always found them very
> good in both dry and wet conditions.

Did anyone pee on them? ;-)

> Also I don't tend to drive on pavements - you
> tend to risk knocking down pedestrians if you
> do that!

In the US "pavement" is used differently than in
the UK. It is used generically for any kind of
road surface, rather than just cobblestones.

> Anyway, back to the original question. Can I get
> 225/50 tyres on the A4's standard 16" rims, which
> currently have 205/55s?

It depends on the width of your rims. If you have
8" or 8.5" rims, yes. If you have 7.5" rims, I
wouldn't recommend it. If you habe 7" rims, it
is an absolute no-no.

dk

Old December 26th 04, 01:21 AM
Dan Koren

"Ronny" > wrote in message

> Personally if you were going to change the sidewall
> profile I would look at upgrading the wheel size, 16"
> is the standard size for Audi's so I would pop some
> 17/18" rims on with some 40's

45 profile with 17", 40 profile with 18".

However, the ride is going to be very harsh
with the 45's, and extremely harsh with the
40's, for only a minimal gain in handling.

dk

Old December 26th 04, 01:25 AM
Ronny

as with packaged crawfish, crab, or headless baby).
Flour
oil
onions
bell peppers
garlic salt, pepper, etc.
3 cups chicken stock
2 sticks butter
3 tablespoons oil

First stuff the heads, or make the patties (see index)
then fry or bake.
Set aside to drain on paper towels.
Make a roux with butter, oil and flour,
brown vegetables in the roux, then add chicken stock and
allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the patties or stuffed heads, and some loose crawfish,
lobster, long piglet, or what have you.
Cook on low for 15 minutes, then allow it to set for at least
15 minutes more.
Serve over steamed rice; this dish is very impressive!

Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

Babies really can be found under a cabbage leaf -
or one can arrange for ground beef to be found there instead.

8 large cabbage leaves
1 lb. lean ground newborn human filets, or ground chuck
Onions
peppers
celery
garlic
soy sauce
salt pepper, etc
Olive oil
breadcrumbs
Tomato Gravy (see index)

Boil the cabbage leaves for 2 minutes to soften.
In skillet, brown the meat in a little olive oil,
then add onions, peppers, and celery (all chopped finely)
and season well.
Place in a large bowl and cool.
Add seasoned breadcrumbs and a little of the tomato gravy,
enough to make the mixture pliable.
Divide the stuffing among the cabbage leaves then roll.
Place seam down in a baking pan.
Ladle tomato gravy on top,
and bake at 325° for 30 - 45 minutes.

Umbilical Cordon Bleu

Nothing is so beautiful as the bond between mother and child,

Old December 26th 04, 01:27 AM
Dan Koren

Standard A4 rims are 7.5"@16", 8"@17", and 8.5"@18".

> I would say 225's will go on a 16" rim, but its
> impossible to tell.

If the rims are 7.5" wide, the fit is marginal for
225 tyres, and the combination is definitely not
recommended. If you want 225/50 tyres, you should
put them on rims that are at least 8" wide.

> if the wheel is too narrow ie 6.5/7J what happens
> is the sidewall of tyre hangs over the edge of the
> rim a bit like a tyre which has sidewall protectors.

Bingo!

That would require the tyres to be overinflated
just to prevent them from galling off the rims.

dk

Old December 26th 04, 01:30 AM
Dan Koren

"Dan Koren" > wrote in message
> "Ronny" > wrote in message
> >
> > 16" wheels on the Audi may have a "J" of say 7 or
> > 7.5 it all depends on the width of the wheel itself,

> Standard A4 rims are 7.5"@16", 8"@17", and 8.5"@18".
>

> > I would say 225's will go on a 16" rim, but its
> > impossible to tell.

> If the rims are 7.5" wide, the fit is marginal for
> 225 tyres, and the combination is definitely not
> recommended. If you want 225/50 tyres, you should
> put them on rims that are at least 8" wide.
>

> > if the wheel is too narrow ie 6.5/7J what happens
> > is the sidewall of tyre hangs over the edge of the
> > rim a bit like a tyre which has sidewall protectors.

> Bingo!
>
> That would require the tyres to be overinflated
> just to prevent them from galling off the rims.

^^^^^^^
falling---------------------|||||||

dk

Old December 26th 04, 01:41 AM
Ronny

[...]

Boil till meat comes off easily with a fork.

Oven-Baked Baby-Back Ribs

Beef ribs or pork ribs can be used in this recipe,
and that is exactly what your dinner guests will assume!
An excellent way to expose the uninitiated to this highly misunderstood

Old December 26th 04, 02:01 AM
Dan Koren

and cracked pepper.
Serve with spinach salad, macaroni and cheese (homemade) and iced tea...

Spaghetti with Real Italian Meatballs

If you don?t have an expendable bambino on hand,
you can use a pound of ground pork instead.
The secret to great meatballs, is to use very lean meat.

1 lb. ground flesh; human or pork
3 lb. ground beef
1 cup finely chopped onions
7 - 12 cloves garlic
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
˝ cup milk, 2 eggs
Oregano
basil
salt
pepper
Italian seasoning, etc.
Tomato gravy (see index)
Fresh or at least freshly cooked spaghetti or other pasta

Mix the ground meats together in a large bowl,
then mix each of the other ingredients.
Make balls about the size of a baby?s fist
(there should be one lying around for reference).
Bake at 400°for about 25 minutes -
or you could fry them in olive oil.
Place the meatballs in the tomato gravy, and simmer for several hours.
Serve on spaghetti.
Accompany with green salad, garlic bread and red wine.

Newborn Parmesan

This classic Sicilian cuisine can easily be turned into Eggplant Parmesan
If you are planning a vege

4 Tyres for Free! Ex Alfa Adam Alfa Romeo 5 January 22nd 05 11:19 AM
Tyres again Tony Rickard Alfa Romeo 8 December 1st 04 10:17 PM
New tyres best on rear wheels? Alex Audi 5 August 23rd 04 05:59 AM
Tyres: Best foot forward? or back? Buzzardous Cross Alfa Romeo 38 August 21st 04 10:31 PM
New tyres best on rear wheels? Alex Audi 8 August 19th 04 09:03 PM