Turn Signals

Old November 6th 12, 02:31 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Grandpamike

Default Turn Signals

I have an 2001 A6 2.7T and recently ran into a problem with my turn
signals. All of a sudden, they don't workanymore. When I engage the
signal,the lights d not blink <signal> but when I check outside the car,
the lamp on the side that I switched to is on, ut notblinking.

First thought was to change the fuse, but when I putin a new one,it
still would not work.

Questions, what, other than the fuse could be causing this ?

Any help appreciated.
Old November 6th 12, 07:41 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Steve Daniels

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 07:31:50 -0600, against all advice, something
compelled Grandpamike >, to say:

>I have an 2001 A6 2.7T and recently ran into a problem with my turn
>signals. All of a sudden, they don't workanymore. When I engage the
>signal,the lights d not blink <signal> but when I check outside the car,
>the lamp on the side that I switched to is on, ut notblinking.
>
>First thought was to change the fuse, but when I putin a new one,it
>still would not work.
>
>Questions, what, other than the fuse could be causing this ?
>
>Any help appreciated.

It's your emergency flasher button. Same thing happened with me
'04 TT.

Old November 7th 12, 03:11 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Grandpamike

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 10:41:46 -0800, Steve Daniels >
wrote:

>On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 07:31:50 -0600, against all advice, something
>compelled Grandpamike >, to say:
>
>>I have an 2001 A6 2.7T and recently ran into a problem with my turn
>>signals. All of a sudden, they don't workanymore. When I engage the
>>signal,the lights d not blink <signal> but when I check outside the car,
>>the lamp on the side that I switched to is on, ut notblinking.
>>
>>First thought was to change the fuse, but when I putin a new one,it
>>still would not work.
>>
>>Questions, what, other than the fuse could be causing this ?
>>
>>Any help appreciated.

>It's your emergency flasher button. Same thing happened with me
>'04 TT.

The emergency flasher is working, that was the first thing I checked.
How did you fix the problem ?
Old November 7th 12, 06:52 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Steve Daniels

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 08:11:21 -0600, against all advice, something
compelled Grandpamike >, to say:

>On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 10:41:46 -0800, Steve Daniels >
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 07:31:50 -0600, against all advice, something
>>compelled Grandpamike >, to say:
>>
>>>I have an 2001 A6 2.7T and recently ran into a problem with my turn
>>>signals. All of a sudden, they don't workanymore. When I engage the
>>>signal,the lights d not blink <signal> but when I check outside the car,
>>>the lamp on the side that I switched to is on, ut notblinking.
>>>
>>>First thought was to change the fuse, but when I putin a new one,it
>>>still would not work.
>>>
>>>Questions, what, other than the fuse could be causing this ?
>>>
>>>Any help appreciated.

>>It's your emergency flasher button. Same thing happened with me
>>'04 TT.
>>

>The emergency flasher is working, that was the first thing I checked.
>How did you fix the problem ?

I took it to a dealership, and they replaced the flasher button.
It's a well known problem. Dude had it diagnosed from the same
description you are posting here.

--

Having Mitt Romney at your cocktail party is the social equivalent of two people not turning up.

- Timothy Stanley 4/25/12
Old November 8th 12, 01:20 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Grandpamike

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 09:52:13 -0800, Steve Daniels >
wrote:

>On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 08:11:21 -0600, against all advice, something
>compelled Grandpamike >, to say:
>
>>On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 10:41:46 -0800, Steve Daniels >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 07:31:50 -0600, against all advice, something
>>>compelled Grandpamike >, to say:

>>>It's your emergency flasher button. Same thing happened with me
>>>'04 TT.
>>>

>>The emergency flasher is working, that was the first thing I checked.
>>How did you fix the problem ?

>I took it to a dealership, and they replaced the flasher button.
>It's a well known problem. Dude had it diagnosed from the same
>description you are posting here.

Steve,

Thanks. I took it to my mechanic and he said exactly the same thing and
even knew the cost of the part. Will be taking it in tomorrow to have it
fixed. Thanks again.

05 turn signals Esteban Ford Mustang 3 April 23rd 08 03:39 AM
engine doesnt turn over - headlights work, turn signals dont xekushion Dodge 2 February 21st 07 05:35 AM
Turn signals Mike chambers Ford Explorer 2 June 2nd 06 09:08 AM
66 Turn Signals Gerry Ford Mustang 2 July 25th 05 05:10 AM
Turn signals, 99 G.C. 2.3Sleeper Dodge 0 November 23rd 04 06:12 PM