Electrical problem-lights

Old April 25th 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Beetle Bailey

Default Electrical problem-lights

Hi guys,

I'm just trying to get my '70 KG ready for my safety inspection so
I can register and license it here (was bought out-of-state). I've figured
out most of the electrical gremlins but one still persists. My right
(pass.) side running lights don't work. I've tried changing out the bulbs
(they work in the driver's side sockets) but ran out of time the other day
to try anything else. Any suggestions? I reckon I could put my tester at
the socket and see if power's getting that far... I doubt it. I'll prolly
have to trace the wires from the switch >.

Many thanks in advance )

Gary

Old April 25th 07, 02:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Speedy Jim

Beetle Bailey wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm just trying to get my '70 KG ready for my safety inspection so
> I can register and license it here (was bought out-of-state). I've figured
> out most of the electrical gremlins but one still persists. My right
> (pass.) side running lights don't work. I've tried changing out the bulbs
> (they work in the driver's side sockets) but ran out of time the other day
> to try anything else. Any suggestions? I reckon I could put my tester at
> the socket and see if power's getting that far... I doubt it. I'll prolly
> have to trace the wires from the switch >.
>
> Many thanks in advance )
>
> Gary

You may have to dig into the socket and its wiring.
If the front park lights and the license plate lights
work, it has to be localized.

Corrosion is often at work on KG lights/wiring.
It will probably require a close inspection to find.

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

"I have no use for a car which has more spark plugs than a cow has teats!"
Henry Ford, when advised that Chevrolet was introducing a 6-cylinder engine.