Problem with JBugs/California Pacific?

Old April 19th 07, 09:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill S

Default Problem with JBugs/California Pacific?

Hi All, I was just wondering if any NG regulars have ever experienced
customer service problems with the company California Pacific also known as
JBugs in Oceanside, CA? I'm having a problem with then because I purchased
a windshield for my 69 type 1 through the Internet, and it arrived with a
serious but small scratches on it right in the driver's view. They shipped
it very well wrapped in bubble pack through FEDEX Ground. When I opened the
box and unwrapped the glass, I saw the scratches, so I called their customer
service. I got a typical So. Cal response, like hey dude, wrap it back up
and we'll do a FEDEX Ground Call tag for the return, and we'll see it and go
from there. Ok, but that's now been over a week, so I called and asked if
there was a problem. Same guy with same lax attitude says oh yea, the pick
up should be like today. That was two days ago. I'm in the Phoenix area so
I know it isn't a monumental task to get things moving between here and San
Diego County. I think these guys are being stupid about a return for a
windshield. I even took pictures immediately and emailed them to their
customer service email address. I checked with the Better Business Bureau
of san Diego County, and California Pacific is not a recommended business.
So has anyone else had a similar experience with JBUGS/ California Pacific?
Bill S in AZ

Old April 21st 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Apr 19, 1:23 am, "Bill S" > wrote:
> Hi All, I was just wondering if any NG regulars have ever experienced
> customer service problems with the company California Pacific also known as
> JBugs in Oceanside, CA?

Bill, when you call them, ask for Gary, he is the owner. You have to
realize, they hit the ground running at 8 AM or 9 AM, and the phones
never, NEVER, stop ringing. I've known Gary, Sam, Cesar, and the rest
of the guys for a long time, and while "doo-doo occurs" with this
company, it is the exception, rather than the rule. Did you call them
and ask them if they actually did receive the part back, or are you
just assuming they got it, and that FedEx is infallible, and always
delivers the packages entrusted to them exactly on the day and time
promised? If they did get it, have you asked if they have had the time
to open the package and actually look at it?
They've been in business for a very long time, and have thousands of
happy, satisfied customers. They wouldn't be in business that long, or
have so many happy, satisfied customers, if they weren't on the "up
and up"...
I might humbly suggest that, before you go bashing them, you give them
the benefit of the doubt, and place a few more phone calls... they
have an 800 number, so you're not going to incur any long-distance
charges...
BTW, the kaferdave@aol is not a valid e-mail anymore, but I'm too lazy
to figure out how to change it to the appropriate address.

Old April 22nd 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Apr 21, 6:33 pm, "dave AKA vwdoc1" > wrote:
> geez I remember from years & years ago! lol
> How are you doing!
>
> You can go into your mail accounts to change your "handle".
> You could also probably get your old aol name back too since aol went free!
> ;-)

Dave, I tried that, and it says that my current e-mail address is
already taken. Good, Lord, can you imagine the hate mail that guy
must get, with people thinking it's me? 8=)
I'm still around, still trade e-mails with a few of the RAMVA regulars
from time to time, but am pretty low-profile now.
BTW, I'm doing fine, living 500 feet from the Pacific Ocean, in the
Redwoods of NorCal.
Building a Ford Model T hot rod now.
Still have the Polar Silver Oval ragtop with the real Raders, 2017cc,
48IDAs, etc etc but thats about it. I found a really nice 60 Kombi in
a garage not 1/4 mile from my house, looks to be rust-free, got put in
the garage by the lady's son back in 1981 or so, and he said he would
be back for it, but she is getting tired of waiting for him to come
and claim it, and she has the signed-offf title in her posession...
(26 years of free storage, and she wants it out of her garage.. I
mean, how unreasonable some people can be !! lol)

Old April 22nd 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dave AKA vwdoc1

well what is the going rate to remove vehicles nowadays?
Did she offer you some $$$ to get it out of there? ;-)

Yeah 1 time I sneezed and someone took vwdoc@aol from me and I had to go
with vwdoc1@aol lol

ups.com...

Old April 23rd 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill S

Dave, It's cool that you are defending them. As you say, they have been in
business a long time and have thousands of customers, and I've purchased
many parts from them over the years. As they are a business I expect
professionalism. As of right now, I am still waiting for JBugs to have
FEDEX pick up this windshield. I've called numerous times, last call being
last Friday. I'm now told they will re-send a windshield. So we shall see.
From this one customer's perspective, I'm not driving while I'm waiting for
resolution going on 10 days now since receiving my unusable part. From the
moment I opened the box and saw the problem, I made contact with them as
anyone would. I wasn't a dick-head about it, **** happens, we're not
machines, but I should not have to call three more times to get a FEDEX call
tag as promised, by a large business. I'm not jumping to conclusions about
them, that's why I posted my question, so thanks for the feedback. I'll be
patient and I won't bad mouth them. I just may need them in the future and
it's not good to bite the hand that feeds!
oups.com...