Continental Run-flats

Old January 15th 06, 01:34 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default Continental Run-flats

After 28,000 miles, I am about to replace the OEM Bridgestone RE 050A
run-flats on my Z4. Has anyone had any experience with the Continental
Conti SportContact 2 SSR run-flat tires? They are listed by Tire Rack as
30% cheaper with a tread wear rating of 280 vs. 140 for the Bridgestones.

TIA

Tom K.

Old January 15th 06, 09:34 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 20:34:07 -0500, "Tom K."
> wrote:

>After 28,000 miles, I am about to replace the OEM Bridgestone RE 050A
>run-flats on my Z4. Has anyone had any experience with the Continental
>Conti SportContact 2 SSR run-flat tires? They are listed by Tire Rack as
>30% cheaper with a tread wear rating of 280 vs. 140 for the Bridgestones.

Have you considered dropping run-flats altogether? Every Z4 owner
that's ever done it has RAVED about the improvement to ride and
handling that good regular tires gives - check www.z4um.com. I'll be
adding M3 replicas to mine, and I'm making the switch then.
epbrown
--
2003 BMW 325i Black/Black
2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Old January 15th 06, 05:26 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

"E Brown" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 20:34:07 -0500, "Tom K."
> > wrote:
>
>>After 28,000 miles, I am about to replace the OEM Bridgestone RE 050A
>>run-flats on my Z4. Has anyone had any experience with the Continental
>>Conti SportContact 2 SSR run-flat tires? They are listed by Tire Rack as
>>30% cheaper with a tread wear rating of 280 vs. 140 for the Bridgestones.
>>

> Have you considered dropping run-flats altogether? Every Z4 owner
> that's ever done it has RAVED about the improvement to ride and
> handling that good regular tires gives - check www.z4um.com. I'll be
> adding M3 replicas to mine, and I'm making the switch then.
> epbrown
> --

Yes, I'm also considering the Goodyear F1 GS-D3 along with a 12v air
compressor & flat plugging kit. But if the run-flat Contis perform anywhere
near the (non run-flat) Sport2 tires, I would use them, as the price is
almost the same as the Goodyears.

Tom K.

Old January 16th 06, 03:51 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

I understand the Michelin & Goodyear runflats are mendable with smaller tred
punctures - if economy is also an issue, you may wish to consider them.