Window Problems

Old August 4th 08, 07:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
mC

Default Window Problems

Hey all,

Haven't been able to find a thing on this, but my 1993 5.0 LX Hatchback has
a passenger window that screeches when it's warm and being closed. This
screech is killer on the ears and before I go tearing the door apart I
thought I'd ask if anyone else has run into this.

This is a power window and usually when it's warm (>75F) it just kills my
ears and you have to feel real sorry for anyone sitting in the passenger
seat.

I've tried pushing out, pulling in, pushing down and pulling up as the
window powers it's way up, but it seems to make no difference.

Any ideas, hunches or websites that anyone knows about that could lead me
through the path of pulling this door apart? I presume this is a metal on
metal problem, but again, just looking for ideas ~before~ I get into it.

Thanks in advance!

mC

1993 5.0LX
91K miles
As stock as stock can be

Old August 4th 08, 07:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
jonezzzman[_2_]

mC wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Haven't been able to find a thing on this, but my 1993 5.0 LX Hatchback has
> a passenger window that screeches when it's warm and being closed. This
> screech is killer on the ears and before I go tearing the door apart I
> thought I'd ask if anyone else has run into this.
>
> This is a power window and usually when it's warm (>75F) it just kills my
> ears and you have to feel real sorry for anyone sitting in the passenger
> seat.
>
> I've tried pushing out, pulling in, pushing down and pulling up as the
> window powers it's way up, but it seems to make no difference.
>
> Any ideas, hunches or websites that anyone knows about that could lead me
> through the path of pulling this door apart? I presume this is a metal on
> metal problem, but again, just looking for ideas ~before~ I get into it.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> mC
>
> 1993 5.0LX
> 91K miles
> As stock as stock can be

yes, I'm having this same problem right now with my 89 GT. I haven't
had a chance to look into it yet. But, mine goes away if I push/pull on
the window while its closing. Would love to know what you find out.
Old August 4th 08, 10:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
davea

Hi

I'm not sure what the door/windows are like on a 93 but a spray of
silicone lubricant usually clears screeching windows. Try a spray on
any vetical rubber seals that the window might run along.

Old August 4th 08, 10:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
davea

On 4 Aug, 10:12, davea > wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm not sure what the door/windows are like on a 93 but a spray of
> silicone lubricant usually clears screeching windows. Try a spray on
> any vetical rubber seals that the window might run along.

meant "vertical rubber seals".
Old August 4th 08, 02:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

mC wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Haven't been able to find a thing on this, but my 1993 5.0 LX Hatchback has
> a passenger window that screeches when it's warm and being closed. This
> screech is killer on the ears and before I go tearing the door apart I
> thought I'd ask if anyone else has run into this.
>
> This is a power window and usually when it's warm (>75F) it just kills my
> ears and you have to feel real sorry for anyone sitting in the passenger
> seat.
>
> I've tried pushing out, pulling in, pushing down and pulling up as the
> window powers it's way up, but it seems to make no difference.
>
> Any ideas, hunches or websites that anyone knows about that could lead me
> through the path of pulling this door apart? I presume this is a metal on
> metal problem, but again, just looking for ideas ~before~ I get into it.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> mC
>
> 1993 5.0LX
> 91K miles
> As stock as stock can be

Mine doesn't screech but is slow, the regulator gets sloppy and the
glass rubs against the rubber weather strip.

--

From what I've seen you doing in nana.sightings this
month, I really must question your conclusions. Of
Old August 4th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Check the dew wipe along the top edge of the door... grit can get caught in
this and can cause your symptoms...

Top posted.

Old August 5th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_41_]

"WindsorFox<SS>" > wrote in
:

> mC wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Haven't been able to find a thing on this, but my 1993 5.0 LX
>> Hatchback has a passenger window that screeches when it's warm and
>> being closed. This screech is killer on the ears and before I go
>> tearing the door apart I thought I'd ask if anyone else has run into
>> this.
>>
>> This is a power window and usually when it's warm (>75F) it just
>> kills my ears and you have to feel real sorry for anyone sitting in
>> the passenger seat.
>>
>> I've tried pushing out, pulling in, pushing down and pulling up as
>> the window powers it's way up, but it seems to make no difference.
>>
>> Any ideas, hunches or websites that anyone knows about that could
>> lead me through the path of pulling this door apart? I presume this
>> is a metal on metal problem, but again, just looking for ideas
>> ~before~ I get into it.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> mC
>>
>> 1993 5.0LX
>> 91K miles
>> As stock as stock can be
>>

> Mine doesn't screech but is slow, the regulator gets sloppy and
> the
> glass rubs against the rubber weather strip.

That's what she said..
Old August 5th 08, 03:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Hairy

> Check the dew wipe along the top edge of the door... grit can get caught
> in this and can cause your symptoms...
>
> Top posted.

no it isn't

Old August 5th 08, 06:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Now it is...

Old August 6th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Hairy

> Now it is...

Yep..

> "Hairy" > wrote in message
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>> Check the dew wipe along the top edge of the door... grit can get caught
>>> in this and can cause your symptoms...
>>>
>>> Top posted.

>> no it isn't

90 GT having window problems.... [email protected] Ford Mustang 10 December 7th 06 04:43 AM
Window Problems [email protected] Jeep 2 January 19th 06 11:02 PM
E34 electric window problems... JB BMW 0 November 10th 05 10:09 AM
BMW X5 Passenger window problems Jack BMW 6 October 11th 05 03:18 PM
TT window problems John Mitchell Audi 0 January 31st 05 12:59 AM