US version Audi A3 - test drive

Old May 8th 05, 01:47 PM

Default US version Audi A3 - test drive

Don't kow about you folks, but I'm getting rid of my 03 Honda Accord V6
EX to get Audi A3!

Took it for a spin this Saturday and... well, you just gotta try it
yourself. Handling is increadable, acceleration is incredable. I tried
before the BWM 3 series, Acura RDX - nothing can come close.

Do yourself a favor - take this car for a test drive.

Old May 8th 05, 02:54 PM
Pete

> wrote
> Don't kow about you folks, but I'm getting rid of my 03 Honda Accord
> V6
> EX to get Audi A3!
>
> Took it for a spin this Saturday and... well, you just gotta try it
> yourself.

Heh... this is exactly what I said when I drove an A4 1.8T quattro back
in 2001. Soon after it replaced my '00 Accord EX V6, aka "the boat."

Does the A3 in the US have the haldex or just plain FWD for now?

Cheers,

Pete

Old May 9th 05, 04:09 PM
Pete

"Mark Randol" wrote

> FWD, 1.8T "petrol TDI" (forget the new name) only.

I thought that was 2.0 FSI, no?

Cheers,

Pete

Old May 9th 05, 07:13 PM
HooHa

"Pete" > wrote in message

> "Mark Randol" wrote
>>
>> FWD, 1.8T "petrol TDI" (forget the new name) only.

> I thought that was 2.0 FSI, no?

Yes indeed.

Nice car, but with leather, roof and tax it'll set you back $30K.

Americans won't pay $30K for a hatchback. Ask BMW and Mercedes

Old May 11th 05, 07:27 PM
Dano58

I dunno, I think it will fare better than either the Merc or the BMW.
Being a 4-door will help, and I think that it will have a nice niche.
They're not looking to sell hundreds of thousands of them - I think
they're looking at 20 - 30k. Too bad they don't offer quattro right off
the bat, though, I could see a lot of people looking to get out of
their small SUV's that would like the better gas mileage but still want
awd.... It's getting generally good reviews in the auto mags.

Dan D
'04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6
Central NJ USA