2013 Hyundai Sonata - Caster at low end of Spec Range

Old August 12th 16, 09:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 2013 Hyundai Sonata - Caster at low end of Spec Rangel

On Friday, August 12, 2016 at 4:13:40 PM UTC-4, Bill Vanek wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 03:04:00 -0700 (PDT),l.com
> wrote:
>
> >Bill Vanek wrote:
> >"Why did they sell you a car with badly worn tires? Can't you insist on
> >new ones as part of the deal, or at least a swap with another car on
> >the lot? Or was this not a Hyundai dealer? "
> >
> >Guess I was just in a hurry to get the car I
> >wanted. Enterprise car sales. Supposed to
> >have a "109 Point" inspection of all cars they
> >acquire for resale.
> >
> >The Sonata I drove exhibited none of the
> >characteristics of the one I actually bought,
> >but that one lacked the sunroof I wanted.
> >
> >Guess you can't have it all!

> Did you ask if you could swap tires with the one you liked? Enterprise
> should have no objection to that, or swapping with another car. If
> not, then Steve W.'s advice is to get new and high quality tires is
> good advice.

____________

I bought this car about 5 weeks ago. I think
I'm beyond that point, and it's taking forever
for my seller to locate me an owners manual.

Like I said before, a pair of new tires on one
axle by the end of September, and another pair
of the same new tires on the other by end of
October.
Old August 12th 16, 10:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_6_]

wrote:

> I bought this car about 5 weeks ago. I think
> I'm beyond that point, and it's taking forever
> for my seller to locate me an owners manual.

Owners Manual:
http://cdn.dealereprocess.com/cdn/se...013-sonata.pdf

--
Steve W.
Old August 12th 16, 11:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Thanks Steve W.

Although, nothing beats a hard copy.
Old August 15th 16, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

I am also considering minus- or downsizing my wheels and tires - reducing width and rim diameter but taller sidewalls to maintain speedometer and stability control.

I read numerous articles and spoke to other driving enthusiasts that wider, lower profile tires wrapped around larger diameter rims are more sensitive to steering inputs as well as road imperfections. Exactly the opposite of what I want.

So it might just improve straight ahead feel to go 'minus-one' - from 17" to narrower 16" wheels and get higher profile tires to maintain the aforemention speedo and safety items. Will also be helpful when crunching through snow or ice.

Better to err on side of a higher indicated speed(1-2mph) than the other way.
Old August 18th 16, 02:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Update on "Camber Kit" Search for my YF(2013) Sonata:

A rep from JC Whitney, which has more thorough
research methods than the average consumer,
said yesterday he would triy to find the OE(orig.
equipment) # for the additional $200 hardware
that the dealers apparently require to adjust front
camber on Hyundai Sonatas 2011-14.

So far 24 hours no news, so it seems as though
neither Hyundai itself nor the dealers want to
help customers with camber pull on model years
later than 2012 of this generation.

And all the best local body shops can do is
rack up the car, laser it for square, and throw
parts at it, starting with spindle and control
arm(s).

Guess I am on my own with this excess cross-
camber issue. New tires will help my traction,
will be quieter, and may enhance steering
response, but they will not fix a front cross camber
of 0.6deg.

2009 Hyundai Sonata john Honda 2 April 4th 08 10:07 AM
159 Range - No Veloce Spec? ~ MArky MArk ~ Alfa Romeo 1 June 5th 06 07:10 PM
AWA [OFFER] Starter: Hyundai Sonata [email protected] General 0 December 15th 05 02:52 PM
Hyundai sonata computer codes Don Dupere via CarKB.com Technology 0 May 14th 05 01:41 PM
Need 99-01 Hyundai Sonata Floor Mat Chad Bice General 0 July 12th 04 09:11 PM