A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto makers » VW air cooled
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

newbie in need



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 17th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default newbie in need

Hi, I know i'm gonna get ripped for asking this but when i bought my
'78 bus the washer bottle was pressurised.
three months later its empty and i cant pressurise it help!!!

there's nothing on the bottle except the cap with a one way valve and
no cover


please it's killing me


duffy

Ads
  #2  
Old January 17th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default newbie in need


"duffy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi, I know i'm gonna get ripped for asking this but when i bought my
> '78 bus the washer bottle was pressurised.
> three months later its empty and i cant pressurise it help!!!
>
> there's nothing on the bottle except the cap with a one way valve and
> no cover
>
>
> please it's killing me
>
>
> duffy
>


Should be a little pipe thingy also attached to bottle, with a tyre (tire)
valve on the end. Itsy bitsy bit of pressure needed, after filling bottle
with water, that is. Leave space for air.


  #3  
Old January 17th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default newbie in need


duffy wrote:
> Hi, I know i'm gonna get ripped for asking this but when i bought my
> '78 bus the washer bottle was pressurised.
> three months later its empty and i cant pressurise it help!!!
>
> there's nothing on the bottle except the cap with a one way valve and
> no cover
>
>
> please it's killing me
>
>
> duffy


Replace it with an electric waher reservoir from jcwhitney.com or
cip1.com so you will not have a deflated spare tire when you need it.

  #4  
Old January 18th 06, 10:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default newbie in need


> wrote in message
ups.com...
>
> duffy wrote:
> > Hi, I know i'm gonna get ripped for asking this but when i bought my
> > '78 bus the washer bottle was pressurised.
> > three months later its empty and i cant pressurise it help!!!
> >
> > there's nothing on the bottle except the cap with a one way valve and
> > no cover
> >
> >
> > please it's killing me
> >
> >
> > duffy

>
> Replace it with an electric waher reservoir from jcwhitney.com or
> cip1.com so you will not have a deflated spare tire when you need it.
>


Its a bus, but good point. Apparently there are washer bags, like
camelbacks, with electric pumps in. That would fit nicely in place of the
original leaky bottle. Need to take a trip to a yard


  #5  
Old January 18th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default newbie in need

More to the point ...

"Its a Bus"

High up off the road, you hardly ever used the washer ! the tyre wont go
flat

I have driven my two busses for years now without any water in the washers
:-)

Rich
..
"Juper Wort" > wrote in message
...
>
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>>
>> duffy wrote:
>> > Hi, I know i'm gonna get ripped for asking this but when i bought my
>> > '78 bus the washer bottle was pressurised.
>> > three months later its empty and i cant pressurise it help!!!
>> >
>> > there's nothing on the bottle except the cap with a one way valve and
>> > no cover
>> >
>> >
>> > please it's killing me
>> >
>> >
>> > duffy

>>
>> Replace it with an electric waher reservoir from jcwhitney.com or
>> cip1.com so you will not have a deflated spare tire when you need it.
>>

>
> Its a bus, but good point. Apparently there are washer bags, like
> camelbacks, with electric pumps in. That would fit nicely in place of the
> original leaky bottle. Need to take a trip to a yard
>
>



  #6  
Old January 18th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default newbie in need


"tricky" > wrote in message
...
> More to the point ...
>
> "Its a Bus"
>
> High up off the road, you hardly ever used the washer ! the tyre wont go
> flat
>
> I have driven my two busses for years now without any water in the washers
> :-)
>
> Rich
> .



Are these the busses that live in your garden ? ;-). I know, I know....
I'll get my coat.....

James


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A BMW "Newbie" Question ... amorg7777 BMW 6 May 17th 05 07:41 PM
Newbie - I think I screwed up Houdsie VW air cooled 7 May 17th 05 07:07 PM
Some more newbie questions Ypnos Alfa Romeo 7 June 23rd 04 10:35 AM
4x4 newbie. Rude and Intimidating Service Brent Murphy 4x4 32 March 16th 04 06:14 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 AutoBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.