A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto makers » Corvette
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

31,320 miles long term C7. Car and Driver



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 30th 15, 08:31 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
unclevito
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14
Default 31,320 miles long term C7. Car and Driver

August 2015, pp 79.
2014 Stingray Z51

New Engine at 6000 mi
New starter
New rear axle seals
New climate control module
New seat mounted side airbag
New seat after airbag replacement botched

What a piece of ****.

At best, a lesson into NEVER buying the first year.

Vito



Ads
  #2  
Old July 18th 15, 06:32 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11
Default 31,320 miles long term C7. Car and Driver

On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 3:31:25 PM UTC-4, unclevito wrote:
> August 2015, pp 79.
> 2014 Stingray Z51
>
> New Engine at 6000 mi
> New starter
> New rear axle seals
> New climate control module
> New seat mounted side airbag
> New seat after airbag replacement botched
>
> What a piece of ****.
>
> At best, a lesson into NEVER buying the first year.
>
> Vito


Like always you have found one to be negative about. Here's what I found with the first year, 2005, 6 speed, 50,000 miles, drove it for 11.3 years and paid for $46 in repairs. That was to reprogram new rims and rain tires, guess what dealer I didn't get my C7 from. This POS is just like the '05 and just keeps demanding I put gas in it. The only first year I ever had a problem with is thew '63, now that was junk from the word go. You need to get your nuts off once in a while, relieve that hate.............. ;-))
  #3  
Old July 20th 15, 08:49 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Smarty
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 40
Default 31,320 miles long term C7. Car and Driver

On 7/18/2015 1:32 AM, Dad wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 3:31:25 PM UTC-4, unclevito wrote:
>> August 2015, pp 79.
>> 2014 Stingray Z51
>>
>> New Engine at 6000 mi
>> New starter
>> New rear axle seals
>> New climate control module
>> New seat mounted side airbag
>> New seat after airbag replacement botched
>>
>> What a piece of ****.
>>
>> At best, a lesson into NEVER buying the first year.
>>
>> Vito

> Like always you have found one to be negative about. Here's what I found with the first year, 2005, 6 speed, 50,000 miles, drove it for 11.3 years and paid for $46 in repairs. That was to reprogram new rims and rain tires, guess what dealer I didn't get my C7 from. This POS is just like the '05 and just keeps demanding I put gas in it. The only first year I ever had a problem with is thew '63, now that was junk from the word go. You need to get your nuts off once in a while, relieve that hate.............. ;-))

My C7 convertible is 20 months old and has been in for service for 2 oil
changes and a mirror replacement. No other issues.

Unquestionably the best Vette I have ever owned with fabulous styling,
great comfort, and, of course, superb performance.

I have often purchased a new design car over the last 50 years, and
indeed there can be more problems in the first production year. For
whatever it is worth, my C5, C6, and C7 were all purchased in the very
first batch of production convertibles and I have had utterly superb
reliability with all three, better in fact than my winter cars (2 Lexus
and 1 Acura RL) all purchased in their first year after design changes
as well.

No complaints here so far......


  #4  
Old July 21st 15, 11:56 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
unclevito
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14
Default 31,320 miles long term C7. Car and Driver


"Smarty" > wrote in message
...
> On 7/18/2015 1:32 AM, Dad wrote:
>> On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 3:31:25 PM UTC-4, unclevito wrote:
>>> August 2015, pp 79.
>>> 2014 Stingray Z51
>>>
>>> New Engine at 6000 mi
>>> New starter
>>> New rear axle seals
>>> New climate control module
>>> New seat mounted side airbag
>>> New seat after airbag replacement botched
>>>
>>> What a piece of ****.
>>>
>>> At best, a lesson into NEVER buying the first year.
>>>
>>> Vito

>> Like always you have found one to be negative about. Here's what I found
>> with the first year, 2005, 6 speed, 50,000 miles, drove it for 11.3 years
>> and paid for $46 in repairs. That was to reprogram new rims and rain
>> tires, guess what dealer I didn't get my C7 from. This POS is just like
>> the '05 and just keeps demanding I put gas in it. The only first year I
>> ever had a problem with is thew '63, now that was junk from the word go.
>> You need to get your nuts off once in a while, relieve that
>> hate.............. ;-))

> My C7 convertible is 20 months old and has been in for service for 2 oil
> changes and a mirror replacement. No other issues.
>
> Unquestionably the best Vette I have ever owned with fabulous styling,
> great comfort, and, of course, superb performance.
>
> I have often purchased a new design car over the last 50 years, and indeed
> there can be more problems in the first production year. For whatever it
> is worth, my C5, C6, and C7 were all purchased in the very first batch of
> production convertibles and I have had utterly superb reliability with all
> three, better in fact than my winter cars (2 Lexus and 1 Acura RL) all
> purchased in their first year after design changes as well.
>
> No complaints here so far......
>
>
>


Glad to hear you have had no problems. However the problems others have
had have destroyed your resale value.


  #5  
Old July 23rd 15, 04:24 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Smarty
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 40
Default 31,320 miles long term C7. Car and Driver

On 7/21/2015 6:56 PM, unclevito wrote:
> "Smarty" > wrote in message
> ...
>> On 7/18/2015 1:32 AM, Dad wrote:
>>> On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 3:31:25 PM UTC-4, unclevito wrote:
>>>> August 2015, pp 79.
>>>> 2014 Stingray Z51
>>>>
>>>> New Engine at 6000 mi
>>>> New starter
>>>> New rear axle seals
>>>> New climate control module
>>>> New seat mounted side airbag
>>>> New seat after airbag replacement botched
>>>>
>>>> What a piece of ****.
>>>>
>>>> At best, a lesson into NEVER buying the first year.
>>>>
>>>> Vito
>>> Like always you have found one to be negative about. Here's what I found
>>> with the first year, 2005, 6 speed, 50,000 miles, drove it for 11.3 years
>>> and paid for $46 in repairs. That was to reprogram new rims and rain
>>> tires, guess what dealer I didn't get my C7 from. This POS is just like
>>> the '05 and just keeps demanding I put gas in it. The only first year I
>>> ever had a problem with is thew '63, now that was junk from the word go.
>>> You need to get your nuts off once in a while, relieve that
>>> hate.............. ;-))

>> My C7 convertible is 20 months old and has been in for service for 2 oil
>> changes and a mirror replacement. No other issues.
>>
>> Unquestionably the best Vette I have ever owned with fabulous styling,
>> great comfort, and, of course, superb performance.
>>
>> I have often purchased a new design car over the last 50 years, and indeed
>> there can be more problems in the first production year. For whatever it
>> is worth, my C5, C6, and C7 were all purchased in the very first batch of
>> production convertibles and I have had utterly superb reliability with all
>> three, better in fact than my winter cars (2 Lexus and 1 Acura RL) all
>> purchased in their first year after design changes as well.
>>
>> No complaints here so far......
>>
>>
>>

> Glad to hear you have had no problems. However the problems others have
> had have destroyed your resale value.
>
>

Sorry to hear that. Speaking as just one very satisfied owner, I really
am not going to lose any sleep over what this C7 will bring when the C8
comes out 8 years from now.

What I WILL most likely do, if your experience is typical based on
Consumer Reports and other reliability data, is buy the longest warranty
that GM Protection Plan offers. Although it may cost a few grand, I will
have essentially bumper to bumper out to nearly trade-in time.

Talk to folks like my brother who own Porsche 911s and other exotics and
they routinely pay a lot of $$$ for maintenance and repairs. I consider
this C7 as well as all my prior Vettes to be a HUGE BARGAIN, and the
last thing I would personally fret about is resale value.

I am an older guy with grandkids who would love this C7 when I get ready
to trade so it also may be irrelevant to me what the resale value is.


  #6  
Old July 24th 15, 12:15 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
unclevito
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14
Default 31,320 miles long term C7. Car and Driver


"Smarty" > wrote in message
...
> On 7/21/2015 6:56 PM, unclevito wrote:
>> "Smarty" > wrote in message
>> ...
>>> On 7/18/2015 1:32 AM, Dad wrote:
>>>> On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 3:31:25 PM UTC-4, unclevito wrote:
>>>>> August 2015, pp 79.
>>>>> 2014 Stingray Z51
>>>>>
>>>>> New Engine at 6000 mi
>>>>> New starter
>>>>> New rear axle seals
>>>>> New climate control module
>>>>> New seat mounted side airbag
>>>>> New seat after airbag replacement botched
>>>>>
>>>>> What a piece of ****.
>>>>>
>>>>> At best, a lesson into NEVER buying the first year.
>>>>>
>>>>> Vito
>>>> Like always you have found one to be negative about. Here's what I
>>>> found
>>>> with the first year, 2005, 6 speed, 50,000 miles, drove it for 11.3
>>>> years
>>>> and paid for $46 in repairs. That was to reprogram new rims and rain
>>>> tires, guess what dealer I didn't get my C7 from. This POS is just like
>>>> the '05 and just keeps demanding I put gas in it. The only first year I
>>>> ever had a problem with is thew '63, now that was junk from the word
>>>> go.
>>>> You need to get your nuts off once in a while, relieve that
>>>> hate.............. ;-))
>>> My C7 convertible is 20 months old and has been in for service for 2 oil
>>> changes and a mirror replacement. No other issues.
>>>
>>> Unquestionably the best Vette I have ever owned with fabulous styling,
>>> great comfort, and, of course, superb performance.
>>>
>>> I have often purchased a new design car over the last 50 years, and
>>> indeed
>>> there can be more problems in the first production year. For whatever it
>>> is worth, my C5, C6, and C7 were all purchased in the very first batch
>>> of
>>> production convertibles and I have had utterly superb reliability with
>>> all
>>> three, better in fact than my winter cars (2 Lexus and 1 Acura RL) all
>>> purchased in their first year after design changes as well.
>>>
>>> No complaints here so far......
>>>
>>>
>>>

>> Glad to hear you have had no problems. However the problems others have
>> had have destroyed your resale value.
>>
>>

> Sorry to hear that. Speaking as just one very satisfied owner, I really am
> not going to lose any sleep over what this C7 will bring when the C8 comes
> out 8 years from now.
>
> What I WILL most likely do, if your experience is typical based on
> Consumer Reports and other reliability data, is buy the longest warranty
> that GM Protection Plan offers. Although it may cost a few grand, I will
> have essentially bumper to bumper out to nearly trade-in time.
>
> Talk to folks like my brother who own Porsche 911s and other exotics and
> they routinely pay a lot of $$$ for maintenance and repairs. I consider
> this C7 as well as all my prior Vettes to be a HUGE BARGAIN, and the last
> thing I would personally fret about is resale value.
>
> I am an older guy with grandkids who would love this C7 when I get ready
> to trade so it also may be irrelevant to me what the resale value is.
>
>
>

If it is stolen or totaled, you will visit the resale value whether you want
to or not. Been there, done that, have the T shirt. It is not the C8 you
have to worry about. It is more powerful C7s and ZR-1 and Z06 C7s you need
to worry about. GM does its best to relieve folks like you of their
nearly new but obsolescent car. About like Apple and their IPhone.
Millions of folks ready to turn in their old phones and buy the new.
Notice how the BMW 3 series has changed very little.

My wife's 325ci convertible BMW is 15 years old. Cost $45k. Still looks
new with only 75000 miles on the odometer. This is a cost of $3000/year
with negligible maintenence cost since I do that myself. Buy all
maintenance parts from Pelican.com. Only a moron goes to the dealer. Our
BMW is faster than heck but I do not drive like that anymore. Your
Corvette C7 is laughed at by most west coasters and is made obsolete within
a few years by GM. Guaranteed your cost is more than $3000 per year.
Your Chevy dealer has a 50/50 chance of making your car worse leaving than
when you came in for maintenance! Your long warrantee is really worthless
because it allows the GM morons to ruin your car.


  #7  
Old July 26th 15, 05:54 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Smarty
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 40
Default 31,320 miles long term C7. Car and Driver

I love the C7 and will not turn a wonderful experience into fear, doubt,
uncertainty, and grousing.

Except for my dad's XKE-convertible which I was allowed to occasionaly
drive to high school 55 years ago I have bever owned any other car which
turns so many heads, garners so many waves and thumbs up and cheers of
approval, or creates crowds when I park it.

I could give a **** about resale value. This C7 convertible so far is
awesome.
  #8  
Old July 29th 15, 12:51 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
unclevito
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14
Default 31,320 miles long term C7. Car and Driver


"Smarty" > wrote in message
...
>I love the C7 and will not turn a wonderful experience into fear, doubt,
> uncertainty, and grousing.
>
> Except for my dad's XKE-convertible which I was allowed to occasionaly
> drive to high school 55 years ago I have bever owned any other car which
> turns so many heads, garners so many waves and thumbs up and cheers of
> approval, or creates crowds when I park it.
>
> I could give a **** about resale value. This C7 convertible so far is
> awesome.
>


Ever read the Millionaire Next Door? Buying any car new, especially the
high depreciation, high maintenance kind, is a guarantee you will never
become wealthy. Besides, if you are going to be foolish with your money at
least buy a fancy house, not a fancy car.

BTW, why do you need people staring at your car? You have an inferiority
complex? I used to take my 64 Vette Convertible to car shows and yes, lots
of admiring stares, until I decided I had other, more important, things to
do on Sunday.

XKE ws a gorgeous car. Where I lived in 1971, some guy drove it down a
gently dropping, turning road at about 120 mph. Didin't make the turn and
went through a brick wall into a backyard. Needless to say, the driver did
not survive, but I guess it was amazing any one of us survived back then.
I was 18 in 1971 and my father had just bought a new 70 1/2 Camaro. That
car was fast. Luckily I never did anything too stupid in it...

Vito


  #9  
Old July 29th 15, 04:40 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Smarty
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 40
Default 31,320 miles long term C7. Car and Driver

On 7/28/2015 7:51 PM, unclevito wrote:
>
>
> Ever read the Millionaire Next Door? Buying any car new, especially the
> high depreciation, high maintenance kind, is a guarantee you will never
> become wealthy. Besides, if you are going to be foolish with your money at
> least buy a fancy house, not a fancy car.


I have been retired many years since age 54 and am doing just fine
financially, you self-appointed judgmental jerk.

>
> BTW, why do you need people staring at your car? You have an inferiority
> complex? I used to take my 64 Vette Convertible to car shows and yes, lots
> of admiring stares, until I decided I had other, more important, things to
> do on Sunday.


Good for you Vito. Same comment as above. Maybe you should keep your
advice about how other people should spend their money and how they
should live to yourself, you asshole.
>
>
>


  #10  
Old August 21st 15, 01:57 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
tbone
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8
Default 31,320 miles long term C7. Car and Driver

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 23:40:47 -0400, Smarty > wrote:

>On 7/28/2015 7:51 PM, unclevito wrote:
>>
>>
>> Ever read the Millionaire Next Door? Buying any car new, especially the
>> high depreciation, high maintenance kind, is a guarantee you will never
>> become wealthy. Besides, if you are going to be foolish with your money at
>> least buy a fancy house, not a fancy car.

>
>I have been retired many years since age 54 and am doing just fine
>financially, you self-appointed judgmental jerk.
>
>>
>> BTW, why do you need people staring at your car? You have an inferiority
>> complex? I used to take my 64 Vette Convertible to car shows and yes, lots
>> of admiring stares, until I decided I had other, more important, things to
>> do on Sunday.

>
>Good for you Vito. Same comment as above. Maybe you should keep your
>advice about how other people should spend their money and how they
>should live to yourself, you asshole.
>>
>>
>>

I just happened to look here this morning after quite some time and
noticed responses to some idiot whose posts I wasn't seeing. After a
moment, I realized that user has a Delete filter dedicated to him.
LOL.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Long term parking near nyc [email protected] Driving 8 May 20th 05 08:39 PM
Long term octane test (>100k miles using the wrong octane rating) dyno Technology 1 May 20th 05 04:03 AM
Long term octane test (>100k miles using the wrong octane rating) dyno Technology 7 May 16th 05 07:21 AM
Long term octane test (>100k miles using the wrong octane rating) [email protected] BMW 0 May 14th 05 08:56 PM
My new long term project is here Mike64Bug VW air cooled 5 February 16th 05 12:13 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 AutoBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.