Audi A6 2002: Multitronic transmission "hydraulic control unit" defective. Any similar cases?

Old April 12th 06, 03:52 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Audi A6 2002: Multitronic transmission "hydraulic control unit" defective. Any similar cases?

Hi,

My Multitronic (CVT) transmission started to jerk when accelerating
(noticeable in cold temperatures below -10 celcius). Audi service told that
the problem is in hydraulic control unit (valve box) which needs to be
replaced. Total cost is 2500 ?. My car has 70.000 km.

Any similar cases?

The funniest part here is that their diagnosis is based on test drive only.
The said 2002 model Multitronic does not have any diagnostic information in
its control unit, and it is available from model 2003. There was no fault
codes. Any body aware of this?

I am trying to get somebody (manufaturer) to pay at least part of the costs.
So this is the so called "Audi quality"... I would expect transmission
lasts bit longer.

Regards, Sami

Old April 12th 06, 09:10 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Sami,
I'd try to source a used box before springing for something like that -
possibly getting one from 2003 (if it would bolt up) so that you could get
the diagnostic option (you'd probably need the control box and associated
wiring harness).
Just a thought.
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ - not multitronic
1980 Audi 5k - also not multitronic
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes - not even 'tronic
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)