Wheel weight?

Old January 12th 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Wheel weight?

Leon van Dommelen wrote:

> It is! Pure aluminum! The way I know is that every pothole puts them
> out of round. In fact, I would not be surprised if they were made from
> pure gold.
>
> Leon

Pure gold wheels at less than 12 pounds each? ;-)

It does seem to me like a better wheel material would have been invented
by now.
Some type of composite that never goes out of round, is very lightweight
and is at least as break-resistant as the wheels we use now.

I know that magnesium has been used, but I would also prefer that my
wheels not burn at thousands of degrees if a fire occurs.

Pat
Old January 12th 06, 06:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

I looked the other day after Lanny mentioned these wheels and they were
still showing up as $89 ea. That's quite a buy considering the weight /
look.

Chris
99BBB

"Chas Hurst" > wrote in message
>I bought a set of Heliums from Good-Win and a set of Toyo TR-1s from online
> tire.
> Both were on special. The tires may still be on special but I think
> Good-Win's sale is finished. It's still worth checking.
>
> "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message
>> Ya, the Heliums that Lanny mentioned seem to be the 'hole in one' with

> being
>> inexpensive, light weight and not at all bad looking! Anyone know of a
>> vendor doing a package deal?
>>
>> Chris
>> 99BBB (40lbs/corner :-()
>>
>> "Christopher Muto" > wrote in message
>> > Thanks for all the responses.
>> >
>> > I spoke to BF Goodrich (not Bridgestone as previously stated in error)

> and
>> > learned that the Traction T/A 185/60/14 weighs 19.29lbs. That means

> 32lbs
>> > per wheel when paired up with the SportEdition DS, or 35.5lbs per wheel
>> > when paired up with the Borbet Type CA. If I just look at the total
>> > weight of the Borbet and the SportEdition I do see a 10% weight
>> > differential, but that is also just 3.5lbs. It seems to me that it
>> > probably won't make a difference to me one way or the other between

> these
>> > two. On the other hand if I am willing to make the extra effort and
>> > pay
>> > the extra expense to get the Konig Helium's (which are 15" and not sold
>> > bundled with tires mounted and balanced as far as i know - hence my
>> > comment regarding effort) or something even more expensive...
>> >
>> > Thanks again for all the comments.
>> >

>> > "Leon van Dommelen" > wrote in
>> > message

> wheels

> at

> respectively.

> wheels

> its

> Kosei

> the

91 Golf Needs Adjustable Left Tie Rod you are nuts VW water cooled 7 December 21st 05 08:30 PM
OE steel wheel weight for Accords? Charles Lasitter Honda 0 April 7th 05 04:22 PM
Wheel weight adhesive Mel Z. BMW 16 October 25th 04 05:22 PM
four wheel weight transfer Ruben Simulators 4 October 17th 04 07:45 PM
1700lbs in a V-6 pickup? Steve General 7 May 25th 04 03:39 PM