2006 Miata

Old January 8th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default 2006 Miata

"Craig Wagner" > wrote in message
> "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:
>
>>I'd love to know how much the invoice price was below the MSRP, and on
>>which
>>model.
>>
>>I still think Craig could be mixing up terms, thinking that invoice is
>>MSRP.
>>I obviously could be wrong and I'm not calling you stupid Craig, I'm
>>simply
>>saying that some people get the terms confused.

> I paid $25,138 out the door (i.e. INVOICE + TTL) for a 2006 MX-5 GT with
> PP2 and
> SP. MSRP was about $27k IIRC.
>
> That's about $2000 off MSRP.
>
> And how could saying that someone was mixing up invoice and MSRP be
> anything but
> calling them stupid?
>
> --

Because smart people make stupid mistakes all the time.

Old January 8th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Actually, non car people make that kind of mistake all the time. I don't
have anything against non car-type people and they are not all stupid (some
even drive Miatas). Are you following me here?

Point being, we're on a newsgroup here and making assumptions will usually
make the person doing the assuming look stupid.

Anyway, thanks for the purchasing information, it is very useful to me.

Chris
99BBB

Old January 9th 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Craig Wagner > wrote:

>"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:
>
>>I'd love to know how much the invoice price was below the MSRP, and on which
>>model.
>>
>>I still think Craig could be mixing up terms, thinking that invoice is MSRP.
>>I obviously could be wrong and I'm not calling you stupid Craig, I'm simply
>>saying that some people get the terms confused.

>I paid $25,138 out the door (i.e. INVOICE + TTL) for a 2006 MX-5 GT with PP2 and
>SP. MSRP was about $27k IIRC.

I assume SP is suspension package. But what is PP2?

Leon

>That's about $2000 off MSRP.
>
>And how could saying that someone was mixing up invoice and MSRP be anything but
>calling them stupid?

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old January 10th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

>Point being, we're on a newsgroup here and making assumptions will usually
>make the person doing the assuming look stupid.

Agreed.

>Anyway, thanks for the purchasing information, it is very useful to me.

I should also mention that being in Oregon the Tax part of TTL was 0%. Without
digging out the sales agreement, I seem to recall the price before TTL was
$24920.

--
Craig Wagner, craig(dot)wagner(at)gmail(dot)com
Portland, OR

"Don't ban high-performance vehicles, ban low-performance drivers!"