Remote start for standard transmission?

Old January 9th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Remote start for standard transmission?

On 2006-01-09, Pete <> wrote:

> the remote start unit we had installed (and others we had looked at) had a
> time-out feature... after 15 minutes, the remote start would automatically
> cancel, and the car would stop running.

I assumed that they all had a feature like that. I sure
wouldn't install one that didn't.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! You should all JUMP
at UP AND DOWN for TWO HOURS
Old January 9th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

> If the car had a remote start installed, and it was accidentally started
> without hearing the car, the results would be the same.

Most remote starters shut down after a specified period "20 mins in my case"

Old January 10th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Remove This wrote:

> Most remote starters shut down after a specified period "20 mins in my
> case"

That makes sense.
Having never lived in a cold environment, I am not very familiar with
remote starters, but if they caused any large number of deaths, then
they probably would not come as options on any new cars.

I know that there are exceptions, just look at the navigation screens
that have had people driving off the road while they try to program
their destination.

I am assuming a carbon monoxide detector would start beeping as well.
Those should probably be as standard as smoke alarms, especially in
dwellings with attached garages.

Pat
Old January 10th 06, 06:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"pws" > wrote in message
> I am assuming a carbon monoxide detector would start beeping as well.
> Those should probably be as standard as smoke alarms, especially in
> dwellings with attached garages.

LOL... for those with at least "half a brain"..