Companies shorten the yellow phase so more drivers will be caught running the red light.

Old March 31st 05, 08:12 PM
b-ez

Default Companies shorten the yellow phase so more drivers will be caught running the red light.

Some red-light cameras are employed as safety devices. We have a few
here at historically-dangerous intersections, and they have helped.
However, in the more typical situation, the company that makes the
camera system approaches a local government and makes them an offer
they find difficult to refuse in times of shrinking budgets: let them
install cameras and process the resulting tickets, the company keeps
most of the ticket revenue, and the government receives a cut off the
top. If the tickets don't meet the company's revenue goals (i.e., if
the cameras actually work, and people stop running red lights), then
the company shortens the yellow phase so more drivers will be caught
running the red. In the best tradition of American business, the scheme

combines ruthless capitalism with the artificial manipulation of supply

and
demand. Gottaluvit! www.photoblocker.com If is as advertised this
product called photoblocker spray is our rescuer. They state that it
was tested by the media on their website http://www.phantomplate.com/
On the videos, it also shows the police saying that it really works by
making your license plate invisible to traffic cameras.

Old April 1st 05, 04:54 AM
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE

On 31 Mar 2005 11:12:01 -0800, "b-ez" > wrote:

>Some red-light cameras are employed as safety devices. We have a few
>here at historically-dangerous intersections, and they have helped.
>However, in the more typical situation, the company that makes the
>camera system approaches a local government and makes them an offer
>they find difficult to refuse in times of shrinking budgets: let them
>install cameras and process the resulting tickets, the company keeps
>most of the ticket revenue, and the government receives a cut off the
>top. If the tickets don't meet the company's revenue goals (i.e., if
>the cameras actually work, and people stop running red lights), then
>the company shortens the yellow phase so more drivers will be caught
>running the red. In the best tradition of American business, the scheme
>
>combines ruthless capitalism with the artificial manipulation of supply
>
>and
>demand. Gottaluvit! www.photoblocker.com If is as advertised this
>product called photoblocker spray is our rescuer. They state that it
>was tested by the media on their website http://www.phantomplate.com/
>On the videos, it also shows the police saying that it really works by
>making your license plate invisible to traffic cameras.

So lets stop fining the red light criminals and instead take away
their driver's license or give them jail time.
Old April 2nd 05, 06:27 PM
John S.

Hmmm...shilling for that stuff are you?

And i have an even cheaper alternative to the photoblockers. Just try
stopping at the red light, it works every time for me.

Old April 3rd 05, 05:10 AM
Dave Head

On 2 Apr 2005 09:27:19 -0800, "John S." > wrote:

>Hmmm...shilling for that stuff are you?
>
>And i have an even cheaper alternative to the photoblockers. Just try
>stopping at the red light, it works every time for me.

Sure.. and when you're 50 feet from the green light doing 45 mph and the light
changes <BLIP><BLIP>, we all wanna see you stop for it and _not_ get hit in the
ass by your tailgater...

DPH