Companies shorten the yellow phase so more drivers will be caught running the red light.

Old March 28th 05, 10:23 PM
Jennifer

Default Companies shorten the yellow phase so more drivers will be caught running the red light.

Some red-light cameras are employed as safety devices. We have a few
here at historically-dangerous intersections, and they have helped.
However, in the more typical situation, the company that makes the
camera system approaches a local government and makes them an offer
they find difficult to refuse in times of shrinking budgets: let them
install cameras and process the resulting tickets, the company keeps
most of the ticket revenue, and the government receives a cut off the
top. If the tickets don't meet the company's revenue goals (i.e., if
the cameras actually work, and people stop running red lights), then
the company shortens the yellow phase so more drivers will be caught
running the red. In the best tradition of American business, the scheme
combines ruthless capitalism with the artificial manipulation of supply
and demand.Gottaluvit! www.photoblocker.com If is as advertised this
product called photoblocker spray is our rescuer. They state that it
was tested by the media on their website http://www.phantomplate.com/
On the videos, it also shows the police saying that it really works by
making your license plate invisible to traffic cameras.

Old March 29th 05, 01:09 AM
Christopher Muto

in most states you can be both fined and jailed for the use of the likes of
photoblocker. so if you are a chronic red light running criminal that feels
the need to employ some sort of illegal anti camera spray to avoid fines
from running red lights then think again... you are likely to just incur
greater fines and some jail time too when the find you...

oups.com...

Old March 29th 05, 02:00 AM
Jim Davidson

<Spam>
Old March 29th 05, 02:02 AM
XS11E

"Christopher Muto" > wrote in

> in most states you can be both fined and jailed for the use of the
> likes of photoblocker. so if you are a chronic red light running
> criminal that feels the need to employ some sort of illegal anti
> camera spray to avoid fines from running red lights then think
> again... you are likely to just incur greater fines and some jail
> time too when the find you...

Christopher, there's really no need to reply to a spammer.
Old March 29th 05, 02:05 AM
Leon van Dommelen

"Jennifer" > wrote:

[Snip of still another SPAM and run post by this guy.]

The sprays do not work. The lab will enhance the picture and
also ticket you or worse for having a covered license tag.

And don't go back to this guy for a refund. No valid address.

Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old March 30th 05, 07:21 AM
Gus

Forget the spammer let's have some fun. In some states the law actually
requires you to stop for a yellow light. Here is what the Texas Drivers
Handbook has to say about yellow lights:

"Caution - red light coming up! You must STOP before entering the nearest
crosswalk at the intersection, if you can do so safely. If a stop cannot be
made safely, you may proceed cautiously through the intersection before the
light changes to red."

Long and the short of this is that your favorite Texas trooper can give you
a ticket for going through a yellow light if in his judgement it would have
been safe for you to stop. The defensive driving classes in Texas teach you
to learn to recognize an "old" green so you can stop before the light turns
yellow. The yellow light can't get much shorter than that!

Gus (91 BRG)

Old March 30th 05, 01:49 PM
Leon van Dommelen

OK. WHO let in the foreigner?

Old March 30th 05, 03:06 PM
Grant Edwards

On 2005-03-30, Gus > wrote:

> The defensive driving classes in Texas teach you
> to learn to recognize an "old" green so you can stop before the light turns
> yellow. The yellow light can't get much shorter than that!

There are people who _don't_ know how to recognize an old green
light? And they're allowed to drive?

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! I like the way ONLY
at their mouths move... They
Old March 30th 05, 07:27 PM
Larry Gadbois

When I first began driving, you had red and green. It was illegal to enter
the intersection if the light was red. There were a few accidents because of
people that ran the red lights. They decided to add a 4 second yellow light
to warn people that the light was going to turn red. The additional warning
by the yellow light did not do much to reduce the number of accidents. It
just allowed people to step on it and speed up to make the lights as they
turned yellow. Maybe we need to add an orange light to the system. It would
be of course be located between the yellow and red lights. It would allow
more time to accelerate to make the light!

Old March 30th 05, 11:08 PM
W. Kiernan

Leon van Dommelen wrote:

> The sprays do not work. The lab will enhance the picture and
> also ticket you or worse for having a covered license tag.

Exactly, what you need is that device which Q built into 007's
Aston-Martin. You simply press a button on the dash and the license
plate rotates under and another license plate with a different number
appears. That works great for traffic-light cameras, but what about
those patrol cars? Well, for that you'll want the rear-mounted smoke
generator and oil-sprayer, and if that traffic cop doesn't take the
hint, try the rocket-firing BSA motorcycle from "Thunderball."

yours WDK