Couldn't find either RAS-Factor server on Saturday

Old September 18th 05, 09:12 PM
Mitch_A

I guess Ive never overcome the fact that I could beat most people with a KB
when I was running LFS. I gave it a chuckle then quickly moved on

Mitch

.uk...

Old September 18th 05, 09:12 PM
Mitch_A

In \rfactorpath\userdata\yourprofile locate the multiplayer.ini and change
the line "Concurrent Server Updates" from 40 to 150.

Anyone have a fix for the F3 steering wheel outline in your side view
mirrors? Does everyone see it?

Mitch

Old September 19th 05, 12:25 AM
Dave Henrie

"Mitch_A" > wrote in
:

> In \rfactorpath\userdata\yourprofile locate the multiplayer.ini and
> change the line "Concurrent Server Updates" from 40 to 150.
>
> Anyone have a fix for the F3 steering wheel outline in your side view
> mirrors? Does everyone see it?
>
> Mitch

I have already done that, but the matching servers appear to be offline.
I have attempted to join via racecast and from the sim and both either show
no servers at all(sim) or time out when I try and join via racecast. I was
able to connect to a league server, but only thru the ip#
Old September 19th 05, 01:48 AM
Mitch_A

Yea Dave sometime this afternoon the matchmaker went down again. OK earlier
though.

Mitch

Old September 19th 05, 01:51 AM
Mitch_A

Looks like its back up now.

Mitch

. 97.136...

Old September 19th 05, 03:12 AM
Alan Bernardo

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
.uk...
> Alan Bernardo wrote:
>
>> Let's compa the LFS servers verses rFactor.
>>
>> The LFS servers and the game's overall online stability is excellent.
>> rFactor's servers and overall online stability is poor.
>>
>> I'm truly glad that ISI has backed up its previous assurances that its
>> online component would be much better, compared to GTR.
>>
>> It's very sad that some companies, once its game has been released,
>> totally abandon the community.

> I think it is early days to suggest the community has been abandoned. In
> comparison to previous ISI efforts I think rFactor multi is heading the
> right way, though for sure it isn't there yet. In general though I have
> found rFactor multi to be pretty stable, just the racelist side seems hit
> or miss.

That's probably true. But if you compare the stability of LFS' online
operations, you'd notice that ISI's is downright crappy. Connection wise
there may not be a big difference, but orgainizing everything and getting
the community involved in the online experience has so far been a failure
for ISI. GTR failed, and I was hoping (as were a lot of other people) that
rFactor would be different.

Take a look at what LFS offers with its desktop (not the greatest but not
bad) and it's statistics and hot-lapping section. ISI is nowhere near this.

The developers of LFS are out in the open with the community; I saw one ISI
developer here (a token visit) and rarely see them on the RSC forums. It's
as if they have released their product and washed their hands of it.

Alanb

Old September 19th 05, 03:27 AM
Alan Bernardo

"Mitch_A" > wrote in message
> You making another joke Alan Whooosh, right over my head, again.
>
> Other than the demo's Ive not run LFS but based on my limited experience
> LFS is targeting ex NFS players while GTR was targeting ex GPLers and
> rFactor is a compromise between the two.

Whomever LFS is targetting is not the issue, unless you're saying that LFS
is more like NFS and rFactor is more like GPL. LFS is an excellent
simulator, especially when it comes to tire grip. With my limited knowledge
of what a car on the track should feel like, I think LFS' tire grip modeling
is way ahead of both GTR and rFactor. I never felt the tires in GTR. With
rFactor at least it is a little better, but nothing compared to LFS.

> Online stability has been excellent in rFactor in my experience. In ways
> much better than even Papy's. No matter how good LFS's netcode is it cant
> make up for the arcade game feel (ala NFS series). Personally Id prefer
> GTR offline over LFS online. But then again Im a SIMMER not a gamer...

This is total BS. LFS' feel is nowhere near NFS'. The game is very good.
I've yet to even get a flat tire or any kind of mechanical failure in
rFactor. In LFS tire wear and grip surpasses rFactor by a good mile, though
I think rFactor is an improvement. But then again I'm pretty open-minded
and not apt to have feelings of my own superiority over others.

I like both sims. The problem I have with rFactor is that it just appears
that ISI is going to abandon ship now that their game is out. I wonder,
will LFS S2 (complete)be released before the first rFactor patch? Right
now, all rFactor has on LFS is its moddability, but even this is getting
rather comical, as some are calling even the slightest chance a mod. I'm
just waiting around here for someone to change the tint of the green exit
pit lights and then call it a new mod. (This is all a part of this
superiority complex, is the way I see it.)

All in all though I'm racing rFactor rather than LFS right now, mainly
because there is sure to be some nice new cars and tracks to be released.
Once LFS gets a track and car maker, rFactor will be forgotten. The
developers of LFS are taking their time and doing it right; ISI is
interested in something else, like making some quick cash.

Alanb

Old September 19th 05, 03:29 AM
Alan Bernardo

"Mitch_A" > wrote in message
>I guess Ive never overcome the fact that I could beat most people with a KB
> when I was running LFS. I gave it a chuckle then quickly moved on
>
> Mitch

You know once I played a game of golf with a guy with one arm. He kicked my
arse. I gave a chuckle then, too, but I was laughing at myself.

Alanb

Old September 19th 05, 03:33 AM
Scoob Droolins

Alan Bernardo wrote:
> "Tony Rickard" > wrote in message
> .uk...
> > Alan Bernardo wrote:
> >
> >> Let's compa the LFS servers verses rFactor.
> >>
> >> The LFS servers and the game's overall online stability is excellent.
> >> rFactor's servers and overall online stability is poor.
> >>
> >> I'm truly glad that ISI has backed up its previous assurances that its
> >> online component would be much better, compared to GTR.
> >>
> >> It's very sad that some companies, once its game has been released,
> >> totally abandon the community.

> > I think it is early days to suggest the community has been abandoned. In
> > comparison to previous ISI efforts I think rFactor multi is heading the
> > right way, though for sure it isn't there yet. In general though I have
> > found rFactor multi to be pretty stable, just the racelist side seems hit
> > or miss.

> That's probably true. But if you compare the stability of LFS' online
> operations, you'd notice that ISI's is downright crappy. Connection wise
> there may not be a big difference, but orgainizing everything and getting
> the community involved in the online experience has so far been a failure
> for ISI. GTR failed, and I was hoping (as were a lot of other people) that
> rFactor would be different.
>
> Take a look at what LFS offers with its desktop (not the greatest but not
> bad) and it's statistics and hot-lapping section. ISI is nowhere near this.
>
> The developers of LFS are out in the open with the community; I saw one ISI
> developer here (a token visit) and rarely see them on the RSC forums. It's
> as if they have released their product and washed their hands of it.
>
> Alanb

Alan, your post is nonsense. To compare the online infrastructure of
rFactor (which has been out two weeks) to the that of LFS (which has
been out a couple of years) is quite unfair. We are working hard to
improve things, and do have a major involvement with the community on
the RSC forums. As far as r.a.s. goes, well, I do read these forums
alot, and frankly, between the childish bickering and endless cursing
amongst supposedly mature people, I'm hesitant to get involved. Washed
our hands of it? Hardly. We have a very small dev group of only five
people, and have to use our time carefully. A major update will be out
shortly, so if you'll just hang with us ...

Old September 19th 05, 03:57 AM
Mitch_A

Like I said I have limited LFS (and even less nfs) experience and I agree Im
not the one to judge it. And I doubt I ever will be based on my early KB
wins, LOL. Like I said (and Im not judging anyone) Im a simmer not a gamer,
no roof riding (my prob with that is its an unfair advantage better known as
a cheat) no driving aids no nothing but pure sim, as close to RL as
possible. Interpret THAT any way you'd like..

"Alan Bernardo" > wrote in message
> This is total BS. LFS' feel is nowhere near NFS'. The game is very good.
> I've yet to even get a flat tire or any kind of mechanical failure in
> rFactor. In LFS tire wear and grip surpasses rFactor by a good mile,
> though

> I think rFactor is an improvement. But then again I'm pretty open-minded
> and not apt to have feelings of my own superiority over others.

Based on the posts Ive read of yours you come across much different than you
percieve yourself...

> Alanb

Where to find engine number [email protected] BMW 0 August 16th 05 09:31 PM
NY Go Kart Racing - This Saturday REAL Wheel to Wheel Racing! OVRPNY Simulators 0 May 26th 05 09:11 PM
NY Go Kart Racing - This Saturday - Arrive & Drive!! OVRPNY Honda 0 May 26th 05 09:10 PM
cooling site tim VW air cooled 13 January 27th 05 04:33 AM
I need to find a group Somebody BMW 6 September 20th 04 03:37 AM