rFactor - a wish list :-)

Old September 16th 05, 07:12 PM
Arto Wikla

Default rFactor - a wish list :-)

I got my sFactor running well, thanks to the ras!
And I loaded the 2 tracks and the European F3. Great stuff!

Now there is new hope after the GPL! ;-)

Here is my wish list:

Cars:

67 F1 car set
65 F1 car set
72 F1 car set
the front engine car set of about 50's
the car set about 30's
the car set of modern F1

Tracks:

Monza, Spa, Mosport, Zanvort, Nurnburgring of 67
Monza of 97? (before spoiling the 1st chicane)
Road Atlanta
Imola of 67

And lots more... ;-)

Arto

Old September 16th 05, 07:15 PM
Tony Rickard

Arto Wikla wrote:
> I got my sFactor running well, thanks to the ras!
> And I loaded the 2 tracks and the European F3. Great stuff!
>
> Now there is new hope after the GPL! ;-)
>
> Here is my wish list:
>
> Cars:
>
> 67 F1 car set
> 65 F1 car set
> 72 F1 car set
> the front engine car set of about 50's
> the car set about 30's
> the car set of modern F1
>
> Tracks:
>
> Monza, Spa, Mosport, Zanvort, Nurnburgring of 67
> Monza of 97? (before spoiling the 1st chicane)
> Road Atlanta
> Imola of 67
>
> And lots more... ;-)
>
> Arto

Not much then...

Nice list btw, if modders are reading this then get back to work...
Old September 16th 05, 07:25 PM
Mitch_A

Brighter headlights, or at least illumination farther/wider

Old September 16th 05, 07:34 PM

Mitch_A wrote:
> Brighter headlights, or at least illumination farther/wider

Same problem here but it may be v-card related. I've got a relatively
quick rig but an geezer 64K Geforce. Have seen some films where the
lighting seems better.

Wishes:
1- Less opaque shadowing
2- Off track driving more destabilizing
3- Lap times shown on replays

As far as the F1 mods are concerned, I believe any season subsequent to
'80 runs afoul of current licensing agreements.

Old September 16th 05, 08:22 PM
Arto Wikla

>As far as the F1 mods are concerned, I believe any season subsequent to
>'80 runs afoul of current licensing agreements.

Private modders can make and share what they can and wish, I suppose...

Arto

Old September 17th 05, 01:15 AM
Mitch_A

I tried it on a rig with a 9700p and my main gaming rig running a 6800gt and
each seems the same. In the replay the distance looks correct but in-car it
doesnt seem quite right. The illumination seems to just end abruptly
instead of gradually fading into the distance.

Mitch

oups.com...

Old September 17th 05, 01:19 AM
Jan Verschueren

"Arto Wikla" wrote...
><snip>

1) indentify keyboards as they are defined under device manager instead of
assuming with regard to regional settings. Yes, I am located in Belgium and
I do appreciate numbers and dates being represented as is customary here,
but I do prefer to use WinXP in English, using an US qwerty keyboard
(<--and, through specifically ordering it, it physically is).

rFactor recognises my keyboard as azerty, wich is a right pain in the arse,
both in terms of default key assigments as in typing stuff in the game.
Bloody fix this ISI.

2) the "rumble strip pull factor" still does not change sign in accordance
with one selecting a negative (or positive) value for force feedback
strenght in he game. Hitting peaks of a rumble strip forces the concerned
wheel upwards, therefore pushing the car AWAY from the rumble strip instead
of pulling it on it (Logitech wheels). Bloody fix this as well, it's only
been in the game since F1 2k1.

3) "dead time" between sessions should either be longer or server side
selectable. As an online community we do like to congratulate the
polesitter, finish our lap in warm-up (or our "in" lap after a race).
Futhermore we'd like to comment on the race we've just finished before the
server rolls over to the next event.
For pick-up racing the current timetable is adequate, but for league racing
GPL-like margins should be allowed. Only requirement to beat GPL in this
respect is for a "server boss" to be able to override the session time-out
without losing relative positions due to times posted in the previous
session.

4) retain disconnected driver or voluntary DNFs on merit of laps completes
in the resu;ts..

Apart from these, it's almost GPL perfect, provided the server is well
configured and provided host as well as clients have a very good connection.

Jan.
=---

Old September 17th 05, 01:22 AM

Mmmmm, not a good sign, just ordered a 6600.
There seems a dark color cast to the game; the shadows are bottomless
and the nights moonless. RFactor's definitely a work in progress.

Old September 17th 05, 01:50 AM
DJRJR

Suzuka! Suzuka! Suzuka!

Old September 17th 05, 10:06 AM
Remco Moedt

I would like it if the online opponents's suspension would move.

Cheers!

Remco

Create a Mailing list and be Blessed with $200,000+, If not please Delete This [email protected] Ford Mustang 2 July 1st 05 09:57 PM
Create a Mailing list and you could be Blessed with $200,000+, If not please Delete This [email protected] VW air cooled 0 June 30th 05 01:35 AM
FAQ for this newsgroup Dima BMW 5 May 11th 05 10:19 PM
Turn $12 into thousands in CASH qbjf Driving 0 May 3rd 05 02:44 PM