rFactor AI Tin Tops Vs Open Wheelers

Old September 4th 05, 06:09 PM
Jeff Reid

How would others here rate the cars in terms of lap times,
say at Toban GP? Obviously the F1 is quickest, and the Rhez
slowest, but the rest of the cars are within a few seconds of
each other. Anyone here have a good ranking order for the
sedans and the trainer in terms of lap times?

Old September 4th 05, 06:40 PM
Pete Panaia

Yes!
The OW trainers alone are worth the price of admission in my opinion. But
there is much more to it than that! Yes, the AI seems problematic at times.
But my main purpose for this sim is online racing. If you like to race
online it's
defiantly a great experience!
Besides, most folks can and do **** away the cost of this sim (or more) in
one night out for dinner and a movie. >

- Pete

Old September 5th 05, 12:27 PM
Byron Forbes

"whooo" > wrote in message

> I stayed out and did my 15th lap, then the server switch tracks before I
> made it to the pits on my warm-down lap. Not too keen on the idea of a DNF
> for just not going to the pits.

Obviously the host or a vote ended the race too early - for racecast to
have meaning that will need to be fixed.

Old September 5th 05, 12:30 PM
Byron Forbes

"Remco Moedt" > wrote in message

> I've seen online races where a driver was listed in the standins with
> a laptime, but where all the laps he had driven didn't have a time
> attached to it...

I've seen results on racecast where someone has been scored in a lower
position than someone that they did more laps than! LOL.

Old September 5th 05, 12:33 PM
Remco Moedt

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 21:27:25 +1000, "Byron Forbes"
> wrote:

>"whooo" > wrote in message
>>>

>> I stayed out and did my 15th lap, then the server switch tracks before I
>> made it to the pits on my warm-down lap. Not too keen on the idea of a DNF
>> for just not going to the pits.

> Obviously the host or a vote ended the race too early - for racecast to
>have meaning that will need to be fixed.

Is it possible to turn off the voting system as host?

Cheers!

Remco

Old September 6th 05, 12:34 PM
Byron Forbes

"Remco Moedt" <no@email> wrote in message
> On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 21:27:25 +1000, "Byron Forbes"
> > wrote:
>

>>"whooo" > wrote in message
>>>>
>>> I stayed out and did my 15th lap, then the server switch tracks before I
>>> made it to the pits on my warm-down lap. Not too keen on the idea of a
>>> DNF
>>> for just not going to the pits.

>> Obviously the host or a vote ended the race too early - for racecast
>>have meaning that will need to be fixed.

> Is it possible to turn off the voting system as host?

Yes

Old September 6th 05, 05:27 PM
Mitch_A

Hardly one of the worst ever. It had possibility they just blew it. Spirit
of Speed 1937 was much worse than CPR.

Mitch

Old September 8th 05, 06:08 PM
Larry

I get hit on the straights LOL

-Larry

Old September 11th 05, 05:39 PM
Sidney H Bridge

Mitch_A wrote:
> Hardly one of the worst ever. It had possibility they just blew it.

Yes, possibility if MS had totally re done the whole thing from scratch.
But as it was/is, it was/is just plain, old crap.
Old September 18th 05, 07:32 PM
Eldred

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 08:49:58 -0700, "Jeff Reid" >
wrote:

>> No problems here. Probably because I'm running at near the same pace as the AI, and not braking too early. Braking too
>> early in a real motor race will get you rear-ended nearly every time.

>or more likely, black flagged for brake checking.

Even if you NEED to brake at that spot to make the turn?

Eldred

Civic Door door won't open linuxgeek1 Honda 0 July 8th 05 04:19 AM
BEWARE of Slick Tops/California Tops mouseranch Jeep 18 June 27th 05 05:40 PM
sail cloth soft tops Big Country Jeep 3 March 4th 05 10:07 PM
Very shy Alfa - won't open up to anyone... Steve W Alfa Romeo 3 November 29th 04 07:07 PM
2005.1 CORL NR2003 League - Positions Open www.corl.ca Simulators 0 November 19th 04 05:16 PM