rFactor AI Tin Tops Vs Open Wheelers

Old September 4th 05, 09:27 AM
Byron Forbes

"David G Fisher" > wrote in message
> It could be that most people stink badly in the F1 cars right now.

Hey David, what do you know about the results file with online races -
getting very erratic stuff.

Sometimes all the data (race laps, best lap and finishing position) are
simply not there - latency related?

Sometimes MY result file has no entry for ME at all - LOL.

And I noticed today that I have laps on Racecast that dont even exist in the
player records!!! (but I did do them)

For me, if results reporting for online races gets properly sorted, this
thing is a winner. Replay system stinks in comparison to even the oldest
Papy sims though.

But, at long last, it seems Kaemer has a need to stay on his toes! Hip, hip
HOORAY!

Old September 4th 05, 11:02 AM
ymenard

>"DJRJR" > wrote
> Would you still recommend it? I'm still on the fence. Is it worth 39.00?

I say wait and see if rFactor is the sim that's supposed to have every
modder work on it. It shouldn't take long to see if it's truly where
everybody's gonna work on mods for the next year or two.

*then* it'll be worth it, or else we'll be stuck with a small number of cars
and tracks and a good sim.

But a good sim is not enough nowadays I say.

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old September 4th 05, 11:16 AM
whooo

Byron Forbes wrote:
> "David G Fisher" > wrote in message
>
>>It could be that most people stink badly in the F1 cars right now.
>>

> Hey David, what do you know about the results file with online races -
> getting very erratic stuff.
>
> Sometimes all the data (race laps, best lap and finishing position) are
> simply not there - latency related?
>
> Sometimes MY result file has no entry for ME at all - LOL.
>
> And I noticed today that I have laps on Racecast that dont even exist in the
> player records!!! (but I did do them)
>
> For me, if results reporting for online races gets properly sorted, this
> thing is a winner. Replay system stinks in comparison to even the oldest
> Papy sims though.
>

> But, at long last, it seems Kaemer has a need to stay on his toes! Hip, hip
> HOORAY!

There do seem to be some problems. Today I did a 15 lapper. I was shown
the chequered flag one lap too early. And as a final kick in the ribs,
the results file reports me as a DNF!
Old September 4th 05, 12:28 PM
Steve Whitty

"whooo" > wrote in message
> Byron Forbes wrote:
>> "David G Fisher" > wrote in message
>>
>>>It could be that most people stink badly in the F1 cars right now.
>>>

>> Hey David, what do you know about the results file with online races -
>> getting very erratic stuff.
>>
>> Sometimes all the data (race laps, best lap and finishing position) are
>> simply not there - latency related?
>>
>> Sometimes MY result file has no entry for ME at all - LOL.
>>
>> And I noticed today that I have laps on Racecast that dont even exist in
>> the player records!!! (but I did do them)
>>
>> For me, if results reporting for online races gets properly sorted, this
>> thing is a winner. Replay system stinks in comparison to even the oldest
>> Papy sims though.
>>

>> But, at long last, it seems Kaemer has a need to stay on his toes! Hip,
>> hip HOORAY!

> There do seem to be some problems. Today I did a 15 lapper. I was shown
> the chequered flag one lap too early. And as a final kick in the ribs, the
> results file reports me as a DNF!

not to sure about the lap problem. post over at rsc for the devs to look
at. but in regards to dnf. if you go across the line then hit "escape" and
not go back to your pit, you'll get a dnf.

cheers
steve

Old September 4th 05, 12:39 PM
whooo

Steve Whitty wrote:
> "whooo" > wrote in message
>
>>Byron Forbes wrote:

>>>Hey David, what do you know about the results file with online races -
>>>getting very erratic stuff.
>>>
>>>Sometimes all the data (race laps, best lap and finishing position) are
>>>simply not there - latency related?
>>>
>>>Sometimes MY result file has no entry for ME at all - LOL.
>>>
>>>And I noticed today that I have laps on Racecast that dont even exist in
>>>the player records!!! (but I did do them)
>>>
>>>For me, if results reporting for online races gets properly sorted, this
>>>thing is a winner. Replay system stinks in comparison to even the oldest
>>>Papy sims though.
>>>

>>>But, at long last, it seems Kaemer has a need to stay on his toes! Hip,
>>>hip HOORAY!

>>There do seem to be some problems. Today I did a 15 lapper. I was shown
>>the chequered flag one lap too early. And as a final kick in the ribs, the
>>results file reports me as a DNF!

> not to sure about the lap problem. post over at rsc for the devs to look
> at. but in regards to dnf. if you go across the line then hit "escape" and
> not go back to your pit, you'll get a dnf.

I stayed out and did my 15th lap, then the server switch tracks before I
made it to the pits on my warm-down lap. Not too keen on the idea of a
DNF for just not going to the pits.
Old September 4th 05, 03:02 PM
David G Fisher

"whooo" > wrote in message
> Steve Whitty wrote:

>>>There do seem to be some problems. Today I did a 15 lapper. I was shown
>>>the chequered flag one lap too early. And as a final kick in the ribs,
>>>the results file reports me as a DNF!

>> not to sure about the lap problem. post over at rsc for the devs to look
>> at. but in regards to dnf. if you go across the line then hit "escape"
>> and not go back to your pit, you'll get a dnf.
>>

> I stayed out and did my 15th lap, then the server switch tracks before I
> made it to the pits on my warm-down lap. Not too keen on the idea of a DNF
> for just not going to the pits.

Not sure exactly what happened in your race, but the lap counter you see on
screen shows laps completed, not the lap you are currently running. I was
DQ'd when I ran one Q lap too many because I forgot that.

--
David G Fisher

Old September 4th 05, 03:04 PM
David G Fisher

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in message

> "David G Fisher" > wrote in message
>> It could be that most people stink badly in the F1 cars right now.
>>

> Hey David, what do you know about the results file with online races -
> getting very erratic stuff.

I don't know anything about that.

--
David G Fisher

Old September 4th 05, 03:15 PM
Remco Moedt

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 10:02:48 -0400, "David G Fisher" >
wrote:
>>> not to sure about the lap problem. post over at rsc for the devs to look
>>> at. but in regards to dnf. if you go across the line then hit "escape"
>>> and not go back to your pit, you'll get a dnf.
>>>

>> I stayed out and did my 15th lap, then the server switch tracks before I
>> made it to the pits on my warm-down lap. Not too keen on the idea of a DNF
>> for just not going to the pits.

>Not sure exactly what happened in your race, but the lap counter you see on
>screen shows laps completed, not the lap you are currently running. I was
>DQ'd when I ran one Q lap too many because I forgot that.

I've seen online races where a driver was listed in the standins with
a laptime, but where all the laps he had driven didn't have a time
attached to it...

Cheers!

Remco

Old September 4th 05, 04:49 PM
Jeff Reid

> No problems here. Probably because I'm running at near the same pace as the AI, and not braking too early. Braking too
> early in a real motor race will get you rear-ended nearly every time.

or more likely, black flagged for brake checking.

Old September 4th 05, 04:52 PM
Jeff Reid

> Not sure exactly what happened in your race, but the lap counter you see on screen shows laps completed, not the lap
> you are currently running. I was DQ'd when I ran one Q lap too many because I forgot that.

You can change this in the player file.

If I was worried about stats, do I have to add one extra laps worth of
fuel in my car so I can make it to the pits after a race?
(Where's a tow truck when you need one?).

Civic Door door won't open linuxgeek1 Honda 0 July 8th 05 04:19 AM
BEWARE of Slick Tops/California Tops mouseranch Jeep 18 June 27th 05 05:40 PM
sail cloth soft tops Big Country Jeep 3 March 4th 05 10:07 PM
Very shy Alfa - won't open up to anyone... Steve W Alfa Romeo 3 November 29th 04 07:07 PM
2005.1 CORL NR2003 League - Positions Open www.corl.ca Simulators 0 November 19th 04 05:16 PM