rFactor Formula cars

Old September 1st 05, 07:18 PM
Mitch_A

Default rFactor Formula cars

I sure hope the online code works OK because offline is a joke. This is the
worst AI Ive seen in a looong time (an entire field of Pedro Rodriquez's
sucks big time). Simbin needs to fix em up cause ISI failed miserably on
the AI, the interface and the 3 activation crapola.... Sure "looks" good
though, and really gives a good sensation of speed though nearly un-raceable
against the drunk/stupid/lame AI...

Mitch

Old September 1st 05, 08:38 PM
Byron Forbes

"Mitch_A" > wrote in message
. ..
>I sure hope the online code works OK because offline is a joke. This is
>the worst AI Ive seen in a looong time (an entire field of Pedro
>Rodriquez's sucks big time). Simbin needs to fix em up cause ISI failed
>miserably on the AI, the interface and the 3 activation crapola.... Sure
>"looks" good though, and really gives a good sensation of speed though
>nearly un-raceable against the drunk/stupid/lame AI...

I think the problem is that the F1s come up on you so fast they simply
don'y get a chance to react. The friggers lap you after 2 laps at Mills GP -
that how much of a joke the speed difference is.

Actually, now that I come to think of it, you can choose the AI I think.
Bloody stupid defaults in any case.

Old September 1st 05, 09:43 PM
Jeff Reid

> I just gave the FormulaIS a spin at Toban... positively frightening!

The AI at 100% run about 1:07 lap times at Toban GP, after about
40 minutes on and off, my best is a 1:09.2, so I've got a ways to
go if the AI lap times are truly reflective of what's possible.
There are 2 corners that the AI take faster than I can right
now (they run 1 gear taller in these two spots).

The speed is about the same at F1C99-02 though, just that the track
is smaller, a sub 1:10 lap versus a 1:45 lap at Spa for example:

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/f1cspa.wmv

or the real thing back in 2002 (qualifying setup here):

http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/spaf1.wmv

Old September 1st 05, 10:55 PM
Byron Forbes

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in message

> "Mitch_A" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>I sure hope the online code works OK because offline is a joke. This is
>>the worst AI Ive seen in a looong time (an entire field of Pedro
>>Rodriquez's sucks big time). Simbin needs to fix em up cause ISI failed
>>miserably on the AI, the interface and the 3 activation crapola.... Sure
>>"looks" good though, and really gives a good sensation of speed though
>>nearly un-raceable against the drunk/stupid/lame AI...
>>

> I think the problem is that the F1s come up on you so fast they simply
> don'y get a chance to react. The friggers lap you after 2 laps at Mills
> GP - that how much of a joke the speed difference is.
>
> Actually, now that I come to think of it, you can choose the AI I
> think. Bloody stupid defaults in any case.

Yes, I should almost apologise here but I wont since it's not my
default!

When racing offline, select all cars of the class you are driving -
problem solved.

Old September 2nd 05, 03:31 AM
Steve Simpson

Yeah, a lot of people over at RSC are bitching about the AI but as the ASS
review stated, if you drive properly, the AI is pretty decent. Not that I
care at this point - the multiplayer is sublime.
Old September 4th 05, 05:30 AM
Larry

Yeah, I saw the 3 re-activation "without charge" crap.

I think this handles better than any ISI based game I've driven yet (I can
actually 4-wheel drift this thing and feel it), but there's an awful lot I"m
not liking.

-Larry

. ..

Old September 4th 05, 06:07 PM
Eldred

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 00:30:43 -0400, "Larry" > wrote:

>Yeah, I saw the 3 re-activation "without charge" crap.
>
>I think this handles better than any ISI based game I've driven yet (I can
>actually 4-wheel drift this thing and feel it), but there's an awful lot I"m
>not liking.

Are you referring to driving the F1s? I'm only driving the ZR, but
I've already had several instances of not realizing there's a problem
until I'm pointing the wrong way. Maybe there's some controller
numbers/settings I need to tweak...

Eldred
Old September 8th 05, 06:06 PM
Larry

I'm still playing with the controller settings.

MY MSFFW finally died so I'm having to get used to this black Momo. The
Logitech software almost has _too_ many settings/adjustments, and I'm still
working towards the perfect feel.

-Larry

Old September 8th 05, 07:45 PM
Mitch_A

I used someone's FF setup in the controller.ini and it seemed to stiffen up
the feel on par with GTr. Just replace these lines in your
/userdata/playername/controller.ini and check it out (back up the orig
first). The person who tweaked this didnt specify whether he has the Force
or the Racing wheel but I use the Force and this works very well for me.

[ Force Feedback ]
FFB Device Type="1" // Type of FFB controller: 0=none 1=wheel,
2=stick/custom, 3=rumble pad.
FFB Effects Level="4" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low,
2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
FFB Gain="1.00000" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis,
1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake
effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.20000" // Controls frequency of steering
vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.03500" // Magnitude of steering vibration
at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a
function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine,
1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight="0.60000" // How much weight is given to new
steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will
smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
FFB steer force exponent="1.00000" // Steering force output "sensitivity".
Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 =
lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max="-11500.00000" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if
controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max="5.00000" // Maximum force output of steering
force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight="1.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4
to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering
force.
FFB steer update thresh="0.01500" // Amount of change required to update
steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more
frequently = lower frame rate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="0.17500" // Coefficient to use for steering
friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for
steering friction. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.17500" // Coefficient to use for steering
damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for
steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.17000" // Scales actual engine frequency to
force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.09000" // Magnitude of engine vibration
at 0rpm (reference point).
FFB throttle vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a
function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine,
1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB throttle vibe update thresh="0.08000" // Amount of change required to
update throttle vibe (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB brake vibe freq mult="0.90000" // Scales actual brake rotational
frequency to force feedback vibration frequency.
FFB brake vibe zero magnitude="0.10000" // Magnitude of brake vibration at
0mph (reference point).
FFB brake vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a
function of frequency (used with FFB brake vibe zero magnitude).
FFB brake vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine,
1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB brake vibe update thresh="0.05000" // Amount of change required to
update brake vibe (0.0 to 1.0)
FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.35000" // How strong the rumble strip rumble
is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult="0.60000" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0
= one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine,
1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor="-1.50000" // How strongly wheel pulls
right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB rumble strip update thresh="0.07500" // Amount of change required to
update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB jolt magnitude="2.00000" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls)
are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.

Old September 8th 05, 11:11 PM
jason moyer

Larry wrote:

> (I can
> actually 4-wheel drift this thing and feel it)

You really shouldn't be able to 4 wheel drift a high-downforce car.

The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
Great Cars on PBS Randall Post VW air cooled 0 July 9th 05 05:42 PM
FS: 1991 "Classic Cars" (Of The World) Cards with Box J.R. Sinclair General 0 May 27th 04 07:31 AM
Women driven cars aniram General 43 April 8th 04 06:51 AM
Dream Cars, The Best Cars in the World Rare Old Things Antique cars 0 February 14th 04 04:38 AM