Saturn Lemons- epidemic flaws, engine cracks, ball joints

Old January 6th 04, 07:04 PM
misterfact

Default Saturn Lemons- epidemic flaws, engine cracks, ball joints

100,000 Saturn cars have been made with casting flaws in the cylinder
head! This flaw causes head to CRACK- usually just AFTER warranty
expires. SATURN WON'T PAY for costly replacement! Tell your dealer
that you want to see the service notice on this; also to see what
engines this affects!
For more "good news" about Saturns, or to email me your Saturn horror
story for massive internet posting:

email:

SATURN of Grand Rapids, Michigan sells cars with costly defects and
also when they find out from the company about a defect that affects
their customers' cars- THEY DON'T NOTIFY THE CUSTOMER- but allow him
to continue to drive the car OVER the warranty period. That way- they
are not responsible to cover the repair or replacement of costly
parts.

We had a $3750 loss because Saturn Corp and Grand Rapids Saturn did
not notify us about their knowledge of a casting flaw in our engine's
cylinder head. I was in Florida when the head cracked. My wife took
the car to the dealer. The dealer KNEW the cause of the crack and KNEW
that he and Saturn Corp hadn't warned us. Instead of offering to
replace the head- they sold her a new car and only offered her $2500
trade-in on book value $6250 car!

Saturn Corp KNEW about the casting flaw problem in late 1996- yet
they WAITED UNTIL 6/99 TO ANNOUNCE THE PROBLEM! They did that so they
could get as many of their cars OVER the warranty period as they
could- so they would not have to cover all those replacements. That's
the way this stinking car company does business! Your new car Saturn
warranty (6years or 36,000 miles- whichever come first) means only TWO
THINGS: (1)You can EXPECT major problems beginning at 36,001 miles on
your odometer. (2) You can EXPECT that Saturn will NOT notify you of
any major problem until they are damn well ready to!

My suggestion if you are bent on self-destruction ( buying a Saturn):

Tell the dealer that you want a LIFETIME GUARANTEE against any defect
that may cost you over $500 (or whatever cost figure you are willing
to absorb). If the dealer says "NO"- then that ought to tell you
something about Saturns!
If they tell you that you can purchase an extended warranty for $1500
a year- that ought to tell you something about what you can expect
from a Saturn!

ANY CAR WITH A COSTLY EXTENDED WARRANTY TELLS YOU THAT THE COMPANY
NEEDS A LOT OF MONEY TO COVER MAJOR PROBLEMS OCCURING UNDER THOSE
WARRANTIES!

VW's have a 100,000 mile warranty. Take a look at Subaru and many
other quality car warranties!

Most costly problems with Saturns occur between 40,000 and 90,000
miles.

Saturn only offers a 36,000 mile warranty. That ought to tell you
something about Saturns also!

Epidemic ball joint wear- ball joints seize in a year or two after
new!
Resonator cracks; rubber coolant pump gasket pinched at assembly-
pump begins leaking just after warranty expires.

Send your Saturn horror story or receive list of Saturn epidemic
complaints sent to me:

contact: