Need cigarette lighter not to go off with the ignition switch!

Old October 19th 12, 01:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
General Schvantzkoph

Default Need cigarette lighter not to go off with the ignition switch!

On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 18:55:40 -0500, cottone40511 wrote:

> Is there a way to have the cigarette lighter supply voltage at all
> times, without splicing into a hot wire. I need to have the GPS recharge
> while the ignition is turned off. The vehicle is a 2004 Town and
> Country. Many thanks

In my 300C there is a plug in the center console that doesn't turn off,
check and see if you have a plug in yours.
Old October 21st 12, 08:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

Default Need cigarette lighter not to go off with the ignition switch! Solved part!

wrote:

>>> I only have one on the dash and it is switched off with the ignition
>>> switch. I have not located a second connector that is hot. Guess I
>>> could splice into a hot wire, but would like to do it by the book if
>>> possible. It said in my owners manual that Chrysler could convert it
>>> to be hot all the time, but who wants to pay for what should be a
>>> simple task. many thanks, Everett

>>What is needed may be a simple programming change, a 2-minute job that
>>the dealer might do for no extra charge when they have it in for regular
>>service anyway. I think that having our '96 Stratus's doors lock
>>automatically at 15mph was such a programming change that the dealer did
>>free of charge.
>>
>>Perce
>>

>I was able to find something that was able to make the rear seat
>outlet on with the ignition off, but the front outlet is still
>controlled by the ignition. I was told earlier by someone here that
>there was a setting in the fuse panel to make the outlet on with the
>ignition off, but it was in his earlier users manual. I found
>reference to changing the fuse position that is located in the upper
>right, with reference (ign or bat). You just unplug the fuse that is
>in the ign position and plug it into the batt position. I am still
>trying to convert the front outlet or find how to install the missing
>cigarette lighter.

I found that it seemed like my fuse block was set up to make that
change but when I switched the fuse to the alternate position the cig
liter still went on and off with the ignition.
Old September 22nd 18, 04:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Sunday, October 7, 2012 at 6:55:40 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> Is there a way to have the cigarette lighter supply voltage at all
> times, without splicing into a hot wire. I need to have the GPS
> recharge while the ignition is turned off. The vehicle is a 2004 Town
> and Country. Many thanks

I used a couple of fuse taps or "add-a-circuit' devices as they are sometimes called. They are available for any of the different fuse types commonly used.

The first one is inserted into a constantly powered fuse location and the second one is inserted in reverse configuration into the "cigarette" power outlet fuse location. Joining the output wires of the fuse taps completes the task.

Cigarette Lighter Replacement Christopher Muto Mazda 0 August 28th 08 01:50 AM
Changing cigarette lighter bk Audi 3 April 7th 08 02:57 PM
cigarette lighter jean Mazda 1 February 9th 07 08:12 PM
Cigarette Lighter HowdyDoody Audi 1 June 8th 05 02:03 PM
Cigarette lighter wiring MichaelMck Antique cars 0 August 6th 03 03:29 AM