'95 Explorer Sport Transmission Cooler?

Old April 10th 05, 03:08 AM
Jim Warman

Default '95 Explorer Sport Transmission Cooler?

Y'know.... I was gong to help - up until the dealer reference.

Paint all you want... your brush is a little too wide and has no substance.

Old April 10th 05, 06:33 PM
Big Bill

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 05:20:07 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio
]> wrote:

>Jim Warman writes:
>>
>> Y'know.... I was gong to help - up until the dealer
>> reference.

>"I was going to..." Sounds like you don't have a clue, so
>you'll just troll a little.

Sounds like you haven't been here long, and are going to try to make a
nuisance of yourself.

>> Paint all you want... your brush is a little too wide
>> and has no substance.

>Considering that the aforementioned comment came straight out
>of the mouth of the parts manager at a Mercury dealership, I
>think you're just blowing smoke out of your rear end. My quoting
>the parts manager would have a hell of a lot more "substance"
>than your mouthing off like this.
>
>If you don't want to come off your high-hobby-horse, then just
>shut up, because you're wasting bandwidth.

Wow! And you're the one who wants to add a piece to his car, and
doesn't even know what it is.

>Just so you know, I went to the Merc dealer because the Ford
>dealer is 12 miles further away, and I didn't have time on my
>lunch hour to go that far, what with the traffic.

And you always use a dealer? That does not sound smart, *especially*
when you're complaining about the prices there. Take it to the
*other*, non-dealer mechanic you trust.

>If this kind of comment is the best you have, why are you
>even in this newsgroup?

Because he's one of the best sources of info we have.
Why are *you* here?

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old April 10th 05, 06:35 PM
Big Bill

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 22:10:14 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio
]> wrote:

>I have a '95 Explorer Sport.
>
>I am looking to add a transmission cooler to it, so that
>I can tow a boat and trailer that comes out to a little
>less than 2100 pounds total weight.
>
>The problem is, I don't have any idea where to begin to
>look for an item like this, except at the dealer, which
>means at least 3 and possibly 5 times what it actually
>costs, not to mention labor added in.
>
>Could those who have added something like this to their
>vehicles please point me to some websites that carry this
>kind of thing, so that I can do some research?
>
>Thanks!

>Nomen
>-

Less than a minute on Google: