Request id of "woodie" and trailer

Old August 22nd 05, 05:50 AM

Default Request id of "woodie" and trailer

Hi,

I'm trying to identify a station wagon and a trailer from a 1954 movie.

http://omnivoreink.com/TheThunderChi...hem/woodie.JPG

http://omnivoreink.com/TheThunderChi...m/trailer2.JPG

are the URLS.

If anyone can tell me what these are I'd appreciate it!

Old August 22nd 05, 12:12 PM
Richard Smith

The wagon looks like an early 50's Mercury. My guess would be 52 -54.
What does it say on the side?

No guess as to the trailer.

Old August 22nd 05, 02:04 PM
tranch

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to identify a station wagon and a trailer from a 1954 movie.
>
> http://omnivoreink.com/TheThunderChi...hem/woodie.JPG
>
> http://omnivoreink.com/TheThunderChi...m/trailer2.JPG
>
> are the URLS.
>
> If anyone can tell me what these are I'd appreciate it!

Looks like it could be a 54 Mercury Monterey Wagon. Form the movie
"Them?" Have no idea on the trailer. Maybe the same year but don't have a
clue to the manufacturer.

Old August 22nd 05, 02:53 PM
George Patterson

> I'm trying to identify a station wagon and a trailer from a 1954 movie.

The wagon is a 1953 Mercury.

http://www.ephemeranow.com/wagons/wagons035.htm

George Patterson
Old August 22nd 05, 03:37 PM

> > I'm trying to identify a station wagon and a trailer from a 1954 movie.

Thanks to everyone who responded. The car does indeed say "Mercury" on
the side, but that didn't tell me all I wanted to know. (Especially
since my Dad thought it was a Ford so I was searching for a "Ford
Mercury" on the internet - shows how much I know about cars.)

Now if anyone could figure out what that trailer is...

Old August 23rd 05, 05:14 PM
George Patterson

> Now if anyone could figure out what that trailer is...

Might be this -
http://www.allmanufacturedhomes.com/...can_041004.htm

The window arrangement is the same on this 1952 model, but the front is
different. Perhaps the one in the movie was a '53 or '54 model.
http://www.allmanufacturedhomes.com/...kes_013104.htm

George Patterson